In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by OukaHowls »

After John checked her, Ouka fell to the ground in a loud thud. It hurt her back, but her anger increased more from him doing so. She threw herself up to grab onto John, her claws sank a little in his shoulders as she was preparing to bite. Ouka opened her jaws wide and moved forward, lowering her head. She was going to bite him but her human side was leaping forward in her mind. She stopped, and her eyes stopped glowing the bright blue. " I am so sorry... I... I don't know why I did so... I thought I was stronger.." She said, slowly sifting back to human form. She still was fighting with her mind, trying not to lose control over herself.
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

John felt his wounded shoulders, being rewarded with blood stained finger tips. He looked at the slowly changing Ouka, totally speechless. Even after she apologized, he could not summon up any words to say; not because he was angry but instead because he was completely and totally shocked.

He shuddered and shifted just enough for him to take advantage of the ability of Wolfen speech.

"Don't worry," he said, looking her in the eyes "I understand what just happened, and to be honest, I don't blame you. It happens to us at one time or another, we must learn, let it make your stronger."

He soon shifted back into his fully human form and removed his blazer, looking at his blood stained T-shirt.

"At the most," he said smiling "You owe me a new T-shirt."

He looked at the claw marks, clealy visible through the tears in the shirt. They weren't too deep, but certainly caught. At most it'd take intense rest, but it would not be hard to heal those wounds at all, there would be scars, but he did not care. He was quite content with the fact that the fact that nobody had been killed, a first for him.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean only watched. Her primal instinct told her to get away, but she was in no condition to do so. But, John held Ouka well, and soon after, her eyes stopped glowing and stopped. She whined as she gained back her control, transforming back. John answered back in their tongue, quiet and non-threatening.

She knew quite well what it was like to lose control. Anger and rage were the key triggers to her feral dragon side, so she often had to control her temper when interrogating humans. Caelean wearily smiled when John checked his shirt. "Nothing that can't be handled."

Caelean turned to Ronan, her eyes now filled with interest. "Scared much? How many times have you been through this, protector?"
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

Ronan watched as Ouka started to shift back. He let his guard down knowing that everything was calm again. He adverted his eyes once he noticed how bad Ouka's clothes were torn.
He put his weight on his stick. Caelean's gaze caught his attention. "I wasn't scared...much." He tried to cover his fear with a smile. "I've only seen a blood raged wolf once before...and that was from FAR away."
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka fully turned into her human form, her clothes where torn badly and she immediately covered herself in embarrassment. " Uh.. Do you have any clothes I could wear right now?" She said blushing. She walked backwards to a nearby pole to hide behind, It didn't do much good. She looked at Ronan for what he had said and asked; " Ronan, Where have you seen this wolf? And by the way, didn't you say something earlier about a dragon?" She said looking at her healed wounds on her arm, now leaving scars.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

((OOC: Sorry for the speed posting...I try not to do it much))

Ronan saw Ouka move behind a pole out the corner of his eye. She asked for clothes, sounding very imbarrased. He looked around, Everyone's clothes were pretty beat up as well, John's shirt was covered in blood. "Hey Ouka, take my hoody." He said setting down his pole and taking off his hoody. He started to walk towards the pole Ouka was hidding behind. He stoped and blushed, "Uhhhh...here, catch." he said tossing it over near her.
He turned around and sat down against the car. Ouka asked a few questions to which he replied. "Well, I saw this wolf a few years ago. I was taking a walk through the woods one night. I heard a few gun shots, so I went to where they were comming from. Not to long after I heard the first shot, I came over a hill and saw a wolf just killing left and right in an opening. As soon as the gun fire stoped...the wolf just stood there, sniffing the air. I was scared S***less, I thought they caught my sent. But then they ran off in the other direction." He paused for a few seconds. "Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to carry that on like that. But yeah, a few years ago in a meadow. As for the dragon, I met him last year in the city. He actually found me that time."
He looked up at John and then to Caelean.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"That's interesting," John said, turning the other way as to not catch a glimpse of Ouka "I've never seen one that'd turn around like that before. Granted I've not met many wolves, but I've seen quite a few attacks."

He stopped, not willing to tell that he'd had his fair share of experience tracking down the occaisional human. The stragglers, the one's no one would notice when they disappeared, people like hi,. His thoughts drifted off for a moment, remembering many a midnight's hunt- the breeze, the thrill, the catch; but no, he'd left the human killing behind him, he was above it...or so he thought, anyway.

"I think we need to leave the city for a bit." John said, putting back on his torn blazer. "But I'm not gonna speak for everyone. So, what do you guy's think?"

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

((Off topic: Is Aki coming back on here? ))

Ouka leaned forward to pick up the hoody Ronan kindly gave for her to wear. She took of her torn clothes and put it on her. Sadly though, she had no pants but luckily, the hoody was long enough for it to cover. She walked back over to them, still blushing. She never liked to wear short things because she thought it showed to much. " The question is, John, where DO we go? If we leave, what will we do? I'm sure some people have heard me... when I was out of control, right now..." She said lowering her head feeling ashamed. " Caelean is injured, and so is Dan too." She said looking at the two.

Ouka gazed at the full moon for a second. She could see the moon was fading and light comming from the east. it was almost daytime. She looked back at Ronan and John again; " And it's almost day..."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I'm not so much worried about where we go, rather than when." John said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully "Although I'm sure if any other hunters wanted us bad enough, they'd find us. Its only a matter of time, really."

He raked back his hair, desperately trying to come up with a sensible solution. Perhaps Ouka was right, maybe they did need a plan first.

"That being said, I can't be the only one with an idea; certainly someone else must be trying to come up with something, yes?"

John sighed and looked down, his forhead resting on his palm.

"I wouldn't be too worried about people who might've heard you." he said, turning back around "This is New York City, weird stuff happens all the time."

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean's heart soared when Ouka said it was almost day. "Finally..." Daytime meant energy, and she needed some to get out of there.

She heard John's question. "Idea? Well, I agree on leaving the city..." But were they in the condition to actually get across the city? "But definitely, proper clothes for everyone, and maybe one of those... cars."
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Ronan stood up and loudly cleared his throat. "Um, I think I can help out with a lot of things. After all I am a human that lives here." He said looking around. "The people that lived in my appartment before me left a lot of clothes behind, they're old but clothes." He went over to go pick up his stick. "As for a car, I don't have one. I ride bikes."
He looked out at the horizion and the rising sun. "I think you all need some rest too. I'll take care of everything and anything you need."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"A car, huh?" John yawned and stretched "Well, just how desperate are we for a car?"

Ronon then offered everybody a place to stay, not a bad idea at all. They could lay low for a bit and catch a little rest.

"Although, a place to stay would be nice, Ronan." John said, nodding , smiling "And quite generous of you."

He flexed his fists several times and spoke again.

"Its really up to everyone else though, I'm indifferent. Anyway the wind blows, it doesn't really matter to me."

(OOC: Short posts, they make me sick, but I'm up, I can't sleep, and I desire to post.)

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

((OOC: I would speed post, but it's hard since everyone is around))
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka stretched a little yawning, she was running low on energy. " I * yawn * would like to rest for a while, thank you Ronan." She said sleepy eyed. " What do you think about that Caelean?" she said looking at her. Caelean seemed happy, it must have been because of the daytime.
" A car.... hmm.." Ouka thought over, thinking how to get one of those. " We could always steal one, but I guess that it wouldn't be right." She said sitting on the ground. Her eyes where fading, she immediately asked Caelean; " Caelean, catch me..." And fell asleep.

(( OOC: I hate short posting too. I think I'll call it a night though. Night everyone, see you in the morning! ))
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Wow, I've never seen someone fall asleep like that before." John said, laughing to himself "And that must be why we need eight hours of sleep..."

John dug his hands in his pockets, pacing about. So far, the situation was in control; odds were that the hunter would not be back tonight...or morning, whatever it was; the hours had slipped by. He twittled about with the old mint wrapper he found in his blazer pockets and pursed his lips.

"So, where's your place, Ronan?" John asked, taking his hands out of his pockets. "Hopefully not too far, eh?"

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Ronan watch as Ouka slumped over. He turned to John. "Oh yeah, it's only a few blocks away." He said pointing in the general direction, "In to the sun rise we go." He looked at Caelean. "Are you sure you can carry Ouka? She did ask you."

((Short posts...hate them most of the time))
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

John asked why a car was needed. "We're all caked with blood, and I thought one of those things would hide us more. I dunno, you guys are the adults."

Caelean had to hold out her arms in time to catch the exhausted Ouka. "Umm.... Okay." She slowly turned around so that Ouka was now somewhat lying on her back, piggy-back style. She wasn't that heavy, but she needed to keep Ouka from dragging her feet.

Ronan and John were prepared to leave. Ronan asked Caleean if she could carry Ouka. "Ouka's no problem, if it's only a few blocks." Caelean yawned herself. "But I would need to rest outside, or at least near a window, once we get to your apartment."

((When was the last time Aki was in the forums? Otherwise, we need to make up Dan's actions - or Dan is dead - if Aki isn't coming back for a while))
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Alright then, Ronan," John said, clasping his hands "Lead the way."

He yawned and stratched again, finally realizing how tired he really was. He rubbed his eyes for a moment and blinked a few times, just trying to stay awake.

John looked over at Caelean, watching her as she carried Ouka on her back.

"You sure you've got that?" he asked, trying to keep down a snicker...the fact that Ouka fell asleep on the ground was still laughable "Let me know if you need help. A few blocks is a long way if you're tired, caked with blood, and want to sleep."

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

((Sorry for the absence, was off on a trip. I was in the *actual* NYC for some of it too!))

"We should really, really stick to the backstreets and such," Dan pointed out, frowning at the blood soaking into his jeans. It wasn't even his - he couldn't recall if it was Caelean's or someone else's, but aside from the exhaustion brought on from using powerful wind-magic without really being skilled with wind-magic Dan was fine. "NYPD is probably gonna be wondering why so many people are walking along looking like they just strolled out of a gunfight."

"So, Ronan, your most shadowed route please. I will help obscure our path as best I can," he said, nodding to the 'protector'.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Ronan looked at Caelean as she positioned Ouka on her back. "We may be the adults, but cars can be expensive." He started to walk out of the parking lot. On his way he picked up his stick. He looked around at them, caked in blood and trying to stay awake. "And Caelean, I have accesss to the roof. It should be nice and sunny for you. When you guy's wake up, there will be plenty of food and a nice warm shower waiting for you." He turned down the street and nearest ally towards his appartment complex. "Oh and...uh...Dan is it? ((OOC: Lets just say, one of you mentioned his name if you didn't)) You should try to rest, use your magic only if there are eyes on us."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean yawned again. John asked if she was okay with Ouka. "I'm fine. Really." She shifted her weight so that she was more on her good arm. She gave a snicker. "Plus, she has no pants. I'm low enough to hold her without having her exposed."

Ronan said that he had access to the roof. "That's perfect. Thanks." She wasn't sure of the human yet, but he seemed trustworthy enough to follow. "Mmm. No time to collapse yet, though.

Caelean walked with a grand smile on her face, probably her first real smile in a long time. Being alone is tough, and she almost forgot how having company can make her feel so good. Plus, if anything went wrong, there were others around her to help, and she can help them. "This is the biggest group I've ever been in."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

Mugen entered the city, remaining in his human form. With the gently breeze, his jet-black hair flowed softly. His deep, ocean-blue eyes scanned over the area as he hoped to find the source of the call earlier. Occasionally, his gaze went up to the sky-scrapers.

"Whoa...I've never seen buildings this tall. The biggest I've seen have been very old trees."

He shook his head to regain his focus, and kept searching. Around an hour passed and he was losing his patience. He began to run, trying to reach them faster. it still took him nearly and hour before he was able to find the group.

"Hey..." He panted heavily, exhausted. "I...heard a call...earlier...Were you...the one who...called to us...?"

Sweat was forming on his forehead. He hunched over, supporting himself by holding his knees.
Last edited by InfiniteShadowMugen on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Biggest group I've been with in a long time too." John said, now relaxed, a smile wide accross his face "I lived in the mountains of California about five or six years ago, I was part of a pack there for a while. Then one of them exposed themselves to some hunters...so here I am, hiding in the good ol' NYC."

John walked on, standing up tall and proud; another first he'd done in a long time. For the first time in a good long while he felt safe. Not "hidden" safe so to speak, but safe around those he felt he could trust. Ironically, it'd only been a day, but a long day at that.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Dan was surprised by the arrival of someone new, which immediately raised his hackles and prompted him to use a low-level spell to feel out what exactly this wild-haired man was. He felt like a werewolf but there was also something different too him. Something foreign.

"The one who made the call is asleep," he said, summoning a crackling ball of lightning to his hand. In truth it was only the shadow of lightning - just light and noise and totally harmless, but it served well enough for intimidation purposes. "Who are you and want to you want?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

Had Mugen not been exhausted, he would have quickly retaliated against Dan's threat, but did nothing. He merely crouched, trying to regain his breath.

"I was..just looking..for a pack..to join...I had to..leave my old pack..when I left Japan.."
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.