In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by OukaHowls »

" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean flew around, using up her energy she gained throughout the day. There were no signs of dragon activity, and that left her pretty disappointed. It was rare these days for humans to catch any sight of dragons. Plus, being only sixteen didn't help much when she wanted to gather information from bars and local pubs.

Now in dragon form, Caelean forgot all about the humans down below. She enjoyed the freedom of having no humans bump into her in crowded streets, and she memorized every flight pattern for all helicopters, so she wouldn't crash into any unwanted sky neighbors. Her scales allow her to fly in the night sky without being seen, but it got colder the higher she went; she would have to land soon.

Caelean recognised a building she frequently perched and headed in that direction. She prepared to land, when suddenly a loud siren rung in her ears. She released a yell of panic, and looked around the building: There were sensors built into the sides of the buildings. "What? I could've sworn this area was safe!" She thought. Hastily backing away, she flew in the opposite direction, away from the blaring alarms. "... These humans are growing accustomed to us every day... joy." Caelean was getting colder. She cursed the humans with a low growl.

Suddenly, a new sound joined the sirens. "A Calling?" She wondered. She recognised the sound... It came from a lycanthrope. "More importantly, it's a 'Monster' Calling. It sounds very urgent..." Caelean exhailed a sigh through her nostrils. "No time to rest, then..." Ignoring the cold, she made for the direction of the howling, hoping she wouldn't freeze before she got there.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan Walters wiped away the blood that had freely flown from his nose during the small bar skirmish he'd gotten himself into. He had no idea how long it'd been, adrenaline stripping away all sense of time. He thought over the events for a second, trying to distract himself from the headache a well placed blow had given him.

A lycanthropic woman had walked into the and accidentally shifted in public view. Several men began firing and one managed to hit her in the arm, not wanting anyone else to be harmed Johnathan came up behind the man who'd managed to shoot the woman and managed to knock him out with a swift punch to the jaw. The second man spun around an hit Johnathan in the temple and then punched him in the nose, sending him reeling back. He reached over the counter and smashed the gun weilding stranger over the head with a rather large bottle of rum, while the stranger was trying to get back into focus, Johnathan clasped both of his fists together and smacked him in the jaw, sending him to the floor, unconscious. Johnathan paid for the rum and left the bar...

Well, I remember the whole thing, I can't be hurt that bad. Johnathan thought to himself, smiling.

He heard a call from a nearby roof top, one with lycanthropic overtones. His heart racing with excitement, he ran toward the sound and eventually found himself on the roof; face to face with another of his kind.

Nodding, Johnathan spoke "You called?"

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

She smelt a Lycanthrope coming closer, she new then that her call was heard not just by a lycan, but also a dragon.
It was too long that she saw a dragon and her own kind before. But she did know the scents well.
Ouka heard a voice from the Lycan she smelt, and responded to him.

" Yes, I did call, fellow Lycanthrope. I'm sorry if I'm stuttering, but, I haven't seen my own kind ever since my parents."
She turned toward the lycan to see him better. Sighing in relief that she was not alone in this cold miserable world.
" ... I fear that another war is going to rage upon this, ridicules world.... I accidentally shifted in a bar, full of mortals. I fear they will tell there friends and there families."

She shook her grey fur, shaking off the beer that had been flung out at her when the humans where shooting at her.
Looking at her wound on her shoulder she flinched at the pain when she touched it.
" And yes, they did indeed shoot at me... just like my grandma told me. You don't happen to know how to seal a wound do you? Oh, and
how rude of me, I am Ouka."

Ouka flinched again, but not in pain, she heard wings behind her. Dragon wings. She kept her gaze at the Lycan.
" .... I think we have a friend here." She said to her fellow Lycan.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"Pleasure to meet you, Ouka," Johnathan said, extending his arm "Name's Johnathan, you can call me John if you wish."

"I'm aware of your bar troubles," Johnathan said, smiling "I'm the one who broke it up."

Johnathan wiped the beer that Ouka had splashed on his blazer, flashing another quick smile.

His smile faded at the site of the wound, his face now showing a small frown. "Sadly, I don't know how to seal your wound. Perhaps some solemn meditation and relaxing will aid you? That's how I've done it, its only worked for minor wounds, though."

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

(Gah... this is my second time doing this (stupid internet connections......) so I'm sorry if this appears twice.)

--

As Caelean neared the source of the howl, she looked for the lycan. She was amazed that there was already another person, a man, accompanying a transformed she-lycanthrope. The smells say that he was a lycan, too.

Tired of the cold, Caelean almost collapsed into the she-lycan while landing. Not willing for her dragon side to endure the cold any longer, she transformed into her human form almost right away. Although the worst of the cold was over with, she was still mildly shivering.

"Two lycans in one city?" Caelean tried to smile, but her teeth were clenched and she was focused on rubbing her arms. "Heh... I shouldn't be surprised. It is New York City, after all. My name's Caelean."

Caelean noticed that the she-lycan had a wound. She came closer, but only close enough to see the wound better. Just because a monster calling was sounded doesn't mean that they were automatically friends. "Is it serious? ... Unless you can transform back in that state, I need you," Caelean implied to the man. "to translate for her."

--
(I'm assuming that lycanthropes can't speak any human languages in their werewolf form.)
(Also, what time do you guys come online?)
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

The door to the roof flung open, and a young man slowly and hesistantly, stepped out onto the roof, shrinking back a bit upon seeing those there and the wolf that surely had issued the cry for help. Gulping nervously, Daniel stepped closer, holding out a hand. "Um, I can help with that," he said. "The gunshot wound I mean. It's not my... usual forte, but I think I can fix it. That's why you called right? It was you right? Not to many wolves on roofs in the NYC...."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean's eyes turned to the new arrival. He appeared human, but the feeling around him felt different. It felt somewhat like a witch, but... "A warlock? Magic, right?" The night was only getting stranger. With all of these 'monsters' showing up...

Wait... all of these monsters... all on one roof...

A wave of panic engulfed Caelean. "Hey..." she wasn't shaking from the cold anymore, but from the fear. "not to break our introductions, but ... humans could've heard that call, too, right? Can humans track the call?"
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka turned to the Dragon just in time to see her turn into her fake form of a human. She heard the Dragon speak, even though she did not know what she was saying, and to see, what it seemed to be a human, but had the smell of a witch.
She thought for a while then a thought happened upon her that he was a warlock. Warlocks and Lycanthropes where, back in the old days, good allies. But now in this time, she was not sure.

Ouka turned to her human form to speak to the two. She then heard him say his speech.
" No, I did not call for this. Like I said to John.... there might be a war soon, between the mortals and 'monsters'. Again."
She turned back to John, in confused look.
" John, What did the Dragon tell you? I could not hear her, but her name." Ouka then turned to the she-Dragon, hearing her say about the call.
" Nice to meet you, Caelean. I am Ouka. And, I don't think that the humans heard me. I distinctly made it to be only heard by 'monsters'." She said with a smile on her face, she did not expect there to be in a Dragon's presence.

Ouka turned back to the young Warlock, as she was getting up to go closer. " ... So you can fix this reached wound? I give you my thanks. May I ask, what is your name, young Warlock?" She put her arm out to the Warlock to heal. Ouka continued to discuss the situation to them.

" I know you must think I am crazy, but it is true. I have to ask though... must we fight them? If we do, then who knows. A species will surely become extinct, especially you, Caelean. I have not seen, or heard of a Dragon being seen anywhere. I thought your kind had died out."
Ouka said sadly, lowering her head.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"A warlock, yeah," Daniel nodded. "My name's Daniel - you can call me Dan if you prefer."

Gingerly, Daniel grabbed Ouka's arm, hovering a finger above the wound and closing his eyes. "You're lucky," he said after a moment's inspection, his eyes remaining closed. "The slug passed straight through. I'd have to extract it otherwise - that would hurt."

He opened his eyes, placing his hand on the wound gently. "Here goes, don't move," he said softly, a soft blue glow emanating from his hand as he spoke. Slowly the flesh knitted back together, the delicate structure destroyed by the bullet's passage being rebuilt. It only took about a minute before Daniel removed his hand, leaving no trace Ouka had been wounded at all in the first place. He offered her a smile that didn't look it got used too often. "All better."

He withdrew his hands quickly, seeming to suddenly become aware of how close he was, and stepped back. "Er, anyways. This talk of war..."

"We can't let it happen. A war would disastrous for both sides - there is nothing to gain for either side from a war, not to mention the terrible loss of life, of the hard work put into creation of such a delicate society, of everything that's been worked for. That's all war is - loss after loss..."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

She sighed as her fears were false. "I'm sorry... I'm not that... "prepared," as a 'monster.' I've never done a calling myself, so I was worried.

As Dan said his name, Caelean assessed the group so far. Two lycans, one warlock, and herself, a dragon. Caelean hadn't seen a warlock before, but she heard of another race of monsters that used magic other than witches. As for the lycans, she heard some howling years before she decided to go to New York, but she never saw them up close. She, of course, was the only current dragon she knew about.

Caelan stood silent when Dan healed Ouka. She was unmoving, but her eyes glinted with interest. It was magic, alright, but the feeling that came with the warlock matched his magic; it was different than a witch.

As the talk of war pressed on, Caelean added, "Yes... war is pointless. But what about the humans? Unless if there is a way for us to meet peacefully - which has yet to happen for me - they will continue to see us as threats. Hiding is one option, but how long have we been doing that, already?"
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka tried not to flinch for the pain of him healing her was Excruciating. But she managed. Ouka seemed to be a bit confused to the fact that Daniel quickly moved away from her, but she just thought that he was a little afraid of her, just to take her mind off of it.

Hearing Cealean say of her mistake, Ouka turned towards her and replied to the Dragon in a soft tone.
" It's okay. I haven't done a calling for a long time, so I understand. I will teach you how to do the calling if your in trouble."
Ouka though, couldn't get her mind off the war issue, but it was needed to say to them.

Cealean's response to what Ouka had said about the war, caught her ear.
" We have been in hiding for far to long, it's time for a change. We can not do this by a war though. Some how, we're going to find peace between the humans and 'monsters', just some how... But yes, there will be a horrible loss for this too..." Said Ouka, pondering over it, trying to think of a way to do it.

" There are the so called 'Protectors' that are mortals who want to make sure that we live and survive... maybe they could help in some way."
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan watched in amazement at the warlock, Dan, healed Ouka's wound...it was an inpressive feat indeed. He sat in silence as Ouka spoke about what she believed to be the impending war.

"Even if these Protectors agreed to help, they'd be between a rock in a hard place." Johnathan said, moving a lock of hair away from his left eye "Let's say this war does occur, which, really, is a large possibility. If they help us, the 'bad guys' so- to- speak, they'll be shunned by the rest of the 'normal' humans, maybe even killed- thus a mutual solution has not been found."

He thought to himself for a second, neatening his blazer to cover up for the fact that he was trying to come up with something so say.

"I'm afraid that if we can't come sort of peace, that violence is iminent. People fear what they don't know, to be honest, I'm not sure how we'd come to a sort of peace agreement." Johnathan shrugged and then frowned before he spoke again "And if we don't...we're back where we started- in another war."

He sighed and shook the hair out of his eyes again. "All we can do is hope for the best, at least that's what I think."

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

In a tall building somewhere in New York, one man was monitoring virtually all the streets of New York City. He was alarmed by a couple of his friends that there were 'monsters' in the area, and took the liberty to track down all signs of magic and mischief. Clark Gale noticed his tracking device go off. The alarms he set up were triggered on a roof nearby. "Finally! I was starting to doubt myself. How exciting." The tracking system told Clark that the 'monster' changed directions after fleeing the alarm.

Clark turned off the system, grabbed the nearest shotgun and headed for the roof. Awaiting him was a two-seater helicopter that was shared by other hunters. He was alone tonight, however, but that was just fine.

As he started up the engine, he turned on the police broadcasting station on his radio. The words buzzed in and out, Clark not waiting for petty thieves or the likes. "Downtown... ave... backu-... mon--" Clark kept the frequency. "Let's see who this bad boy is."

As he took off from the roof, he listened to the radio. "Reports of monsters, gang fights and werewolves called in south of Prince Street...... headed west..."

Clark's eyes furrowed. "Could they be one in the same?" He thrust the helicopter in the direction the 'monster' went. "We'll soon find out."

Suddenly, Clark noticed in the distance a pair of wings. "Dragons, too?" A wide smile crossed his face. "Well, starting up a little get together, are we? A werewolf and a dragon..."

He took off his headset as he saw the building they were on. Clark's eyes widened. "Two... three..." One came through the roof's door. "Four monsters?"

He heard a male say, "... do is hope for the best..."

"Hope for the best? I agree!" Clark Gale flew the 'copter straight on, not worrying about being seen. He held the shotgun in his left hand and screamed out, "TAKE THIS, YOU BLOODY FREAKS!"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan spun around and drew his gun after hearing someone shouting in their general direction. He held it in his right hand, aimed at the intruder's forehead.

"I'd stop right there, if I were you." Johnathan said, his face appearing unemotional "By the time you pump that shotgun, aim, and pull the trigger...you'll be dead. I've not seen anything yet that could take a .45 round to the brain."

He paused for a moment, hoping that the man could digest that information. "I'm hoping I don't have to kill you. I'd much prefer it if you put the weapon down and walked away, really."
Last edited by darkest wolf on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale:

Clark was surprised to find the man hold a gun as well. He landed the helicopter and jumped out, holding the shotgun firmly in his hands. He didn't go any further as the 'monster' continued to talk, the gun pointed at his head.

"Walk away?" Clark smirked. "I've fought on the front lines for over 20 years." The smirk turned into a menacing snarl. "My allies, MY FRIENDS, were all blasted away by a single monster. There is no way, that I'm going to take down an opportunity like this."

Clark brought up the gun. "And who said that I was going to pull the trigger?" He bumped the butt of the gun into the monster's gut.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Daniel raised an eyebrow at the man, even though he shrunk back away from him he didn't seem terribly too scared of him. "Are you mad?" he asked. "We outnumber you four to one. You have no charms to protect you from my spells, nor even rudimentary body armor it seems - you could easily be killed by gun fire, knives, claws and the like."

"We desire no fight with you. Persist and you will likely die. You are both outnumbered and outgunned."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

(LOL It's getting really really hard not to god mod while I'm the only hunter. XD)

------

Clark Gale:

"Outnumbered? Yes." Clark swung his handgun back into firing position. "Crazy? Maybe." He scooted back into his helicopter. "Outgunned? You think I would go out alone with only this old thing?" He forced the helicopter to turn on its legs, the front now facing the group of monsters. He slammed his fist on a button, and two hidden guns appeared. This 'copter was shared with other hunters, after all.

Witty banter aside, Clark put the helicopter in the air and started to fire. "You should've killed me when you had the chance!"
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

"I would've killed you already, however I felt no danger at the time, now I'll consider it."

Johnathan fired several rounds at the helicopter but to no avail, it just kept firing. He looked over the side of the building to see if he could jump and realized that a fall like that would break a few bones...if it didn't kill him first.

He winced and stopped running around for a moment as a round from one of the guns pierced his shoulder.

"Hey, if you've fought on so many front lines, why don't you try to kill us yourself? So what if its four to one, I'm sure you've faced worse odds!"

Johnathan examinded the helicopter, all he had to do was get underneath it or to the side and the guns couldn't hit him. If he got over to the side he could possibly climb in and shut off the guns, provided the hunter wouldn't stop him.

Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean:

Caelean panicked. She wasn't ready for the sudden outburst from only one hunter. She realized that they could take out the helicopter, but what about the human inside. "I hate moments like these... It's exactly like I was saying a moment ago..."

As John was firing and backfiring at the hunter's remarks, the hunter continued firing rounds as well. "Well, talking won't do us any good, anymore. Anyone up for other ideas?" She hissed as a bullet whizzed by her ear, and another one hit her arm as she flinched. "Any other quick ideas?"

If she turned back into a dragon, she would be an easy target, but that would allow the others to escape. She said quietly over the continuous firing, "Listen, I can only carry one at a time. If you want to take out the machines, be my guest, but I'm out of this conflict."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Goddamn fool," Daniel muttered, raising his right hand, his brow furrowed and slick with sweat as he martialed his might. "As wonderfully designed a machine that is, it's flaws are fatal."

The wind suddenly picked up, swirling violently as Daniel's hand rose further into the sky. "Now you realize why no one pisses off those who command magic."

He let the vortex of whirling, roiling, angry wind lose towards the helicopter, a pocket of turbulence that would surely test the skill of any pilot who wanted to keep it from throwing the copter headlong into the building.

Once he let go of the vortex however, Daniel dropped to his knees, breathing heavily. Commanding the elements was extremely draining. "We...gotta...go..." he gasped out. "Now..."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean:

As the helicopter was sent away, Caelean held her ground, keeping her body firm and close to the ground. The vortex was pretty powerful, and she would've surely been blown away as well if she was in dragon form. The hunter and the helicopter righted itself, but it made no attempt of coming back... for the moment.

When Dan collapsed, exhausted of his power, Caelean held out her good hand. "Come on. We're escaping. I'll carry you, but no sudden movements," she said with a small smile. She turned to the lycans. "I will follow. Just head wherever you guys plan on going."

She transformed back into dragon form and picked up the tired warlock. She was still cold, and her arm was bleeding, but her life was at risk. Forget about the cold. It's just a flesh wound. Snorting, she took a running start, spread her wings, and took off.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Johnathan picked himself off of the ground after the whole ordeal was over, the recent magical vortex of wind sending him to the ground. He looked over his wounded shoulder and saw what he hoped to see, an exit hole in his blazer, which meant that the bullet had not lodged itself into his shoulder. Looking closer he leard that it barely nipped his shoulder at all, either the warlock or a deep trance could seal that, but for now they had to get moving.

"I'm trusting Ouka lead the way, I have no idea where we can lay low."

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

The bullets shot passed by Ouka, hitting her two times in the arms. But finally a wind, coming from the Warlock made the Helicopter turn, so the 'monsters' could run from the Hunter. The whole thing went by so fast, Ouka couldn't even move. But the sound of a voice snapped her out of the trance and then she could move, but it was still too late.

" Huh... Oh, follow me this way. We're going to 'the place'!" Ouka turned to the side of the building and looked down, to see where she was.
" Follow me!" Ouka then started to climb down the walls of the building, clawing the sides. She then smashed a nearby window and jumped in the office, crashing in the paperwork that was on a desk. " This way!" Said the injured Lycan. She ran to the stairs, that was in the hallway, as she crashed into the wall and ran down the stairs on all fours.

" Cealean! Follow me, look at the windows! You'll see where I'm going!"
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Dan blanched and clutched himself closely to the Dragon, holding on for dear life. "Oh jeez. Never was good with heights..." he muttered. "Erm. Thanks though..."