In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

With a deep growl in his throat, Mugen quickly and gently grabbed Ouka, putting himself in front of her to keep her safe.

"Shut up, you filthy mutt!"

((Better?))
Last edited by InfiniteShadowMugen on Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"Yes, because shutting me out will help you so much," Dan replied, sighing and shaking his head. "Stop and think."

((Much. Thank you.))
Last edited by Aki on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

(( Yes, Aki is right, Mugen please change your post. This is considered godmodding. Um, And a little scary, you dont have to go overbored with protecting me, I'm grateful that you wish to protect me but, that's a little much. ))
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace scanned over the corridor once more and then moved into the room completely. Swiftly, he seated himself in a chair beside the door.

"Well, to make a long story short, Mr. Gale, I need your help. I understand that you are a monster hunter, and understand that you too want the monsters killed. I'm here to make an offer. If you help me, DFH will provide any assistance that you may need in order to deal with the monsters," he spoke and began reading the newspaper on the stand beside the chair.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale

Clark was shocked at how casual this guy was acting, despite his need for help. Clark had heard about the Defence Force Humanity team a year or so before his retirement, but he never cared for what they did. Rumors spread here and there about their goings on, but he only cared for killing Monsters in the immediate area.

The man didn't say what he needed help for. The man didn't even say his name. "Listen." Clark looked at the man's face. "I'm just as eager to get rid of those buggers as much as the next guy, but if you're going to come in here and ask for my help, without telling me why, or even your name, then forget it." Clark knew well enough that this man may be guarding confidential information, but he's had enough with military secrets. "Name first."
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace lowered the newspaper back onto the stand and stood back up. With a low chuckle, he responded:

"The name's Kace Mcgrenor, Mr. Gale." He paused. "It seems as though my associates believe my story as being fake, about the monsters and all, and, well, that's where your role comes in. Hunters are the only group of people that they still believe to be a reliable source." Kace moved towards the nearby window.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

(( Yes, that's better Mugen. ))

Ouka sighed and looked to the ground, she could not believe what she had almost done. Dan was right, that human did nothing to her or anyone. She looked at the human, who she was still holding, and she closed her eyes chanting words. the human fell unconscious and she set him down onto the ground. " Mugen, he's right. We should think before we act, and not think of darkness like we just did." She sighed again, " We are no better then my brother if we do think that way." Ouka lifted her hand to Mugen's face and gently touched him, rubbing her hand against his soft skin. She smiled at him, in a sad way, sending her thoughts to him of how wrong they where to kill the human.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean turned to the sound of the bush. "Who's there?" She demanded. Her eyes glowed a bright orange and she bared her teeth, a low hissing sound escaping her throat as she spoke and waited. Now wasn't the time to transform, both because of the forest limitations and because they were now in Telki's den. If she transformed now, everything might be for nothing.

But if it wasn't Telki, she was prepared.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

~~~Telki
Telki quickly uncloaked herself. "WHOA WHOA WAIT JUST A SECOND!" She shouted in urgency. Still in her hybrid form she glanced over at Roark. "Long time no see, Roark." She turned her attention back to the dragon. "Who are you and why are you here?" She asked putting a mean emphasis on the word 'you'. Making sure the dragon's eyes were on her, Telki began to gain control of a the ground around them.

Roark~~~
"Yeah...uh, same to you." Roark answered back somewhat in shock. He knew Telki, if it wasn't for the fact that the only way she could begin to trust someone is if they alone answer the first question she asks them he would've answered for Caelean. He watched Caelean and waited for her to answer. Another thing about Telki he knew is if you stalled to long, she wouldn't hesitate to attack.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean lost the glow in her eyes, startled by the presence of the werepanther. She took in her scent, familiarizing the "new" type of monster. She was relieved that Roark gave recognition, but Caelean was the one on trial. She stood upright, but she took a step back in submission. "I'm Caelean." She wanted to look at Roark or Sai for help, but she could feel the dominant energy coming from Telki, so she dare not look away.

"I came here with Roark, because I asked if he knew anybody that could help us." She couldn't find any words after that. She cursed herself for not explaining who "us" is. She could only hope that Telki would understand.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen turned his eyes to Ouka, a slight smile playing at his lips. Wrapping his arms around her, his eyes suddenly filled with shock and surprise.

"Dan...get down."

Quickly grabbing Ouka, Mugen leapt up and span around as a massive wave of destructive energy shot through the wall. The human, unfortunately, was unable to get out of it and disintegrated from the power of the laser wave.

"Damn..She's here.."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Mother

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami watched the two old friends and the dragon, mildly amused. He was surprised they hadn't really noticed him, but then again even though he was out in the open, they had been more focused on finding Telki. He leaned back against a tree, sighing.
Life gives you lemons, you throw them back.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

-----Kasaikon-----

Sai looked at the werepanther, unsure of whether to trust this Telki or not. Though she had dealt with other types of panthers in the past (most becoming her prey), she had never seen a panther taking on a hybrid form. She stood at attention, looking over Telki with piercing blue eyes.

"Hmm...I am Kasaikon, an elder blue dragon from the east. 'Tis a pleasure to meet you."

Sai bowed with repsect, but kept her feet firmly planted in case of an attack. She had already began to show signs of transformation, her eyes more dragon-like, and a tail sproating from under her dress.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

~~~Telki
"Hmmm." Telki hummed. "If Roark is helping you I guess I have to trust his judgement." She said steping forward. Sai caught her attention. "A dragon from the east huh?" Her focus was on Sai now, concentrating on the elements around her. "Where I grew up, guests were told to respect the home of their host." The air became slightly charged. "I have more right to attack you than you. So I suggest you calm down before things get too chaotic." She growled unsheathing her claws.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

------Kasaikon------

"Silence, child. I am familiar in the teachings of every dragon clan, and I know that you've also been taught to respect your elders."

Sai glared at Caelean. Suddenly, her attentin went elsewhere. She quickly transformed into her dragon form and flew off.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean slowly released her breath, relieved that she wouldn't have to fight her. "Thank you. We need all the help we can get."

Caelean only looked at Sai's glare as she took off. Sai was a good guardian, but Telki was right; it was her territory, and she could feel Telki's dominant position. Though, she wondered if Sai was directing the "respect your elders" more to her than to Telki.

((Bleh. I don't like this post.))
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami stepped closer to Telki, ignoring the fact the dragon had flown off. He knew they were sensitive to certain things and something had probably concerned her enough that she felt like she had to leave. He smelled blood in the wind, so he knew there was something going on.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

~~~Telki Roark~~~
Telki watched Sai fly off. Right after she took off, her guard lowered. Her attention now went to those still around. Roark caught yet another newcomer aproaching. "Who..." He started before Telki cut him off.
"That's Yami. He happened to find you guys. I pounced him already, so no need to worry." She said. She walked over to Roark and gave him a hug. "Sorry to be so brief but sounds like you're busy." Roark, who was still in a shocked state weakly returned the favor.
"Yeah, uh...You have no idea what's going on." He joked. Sobering up he managed to wave a greeting to Yami.
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami waved back still not sure of what all was going on here. "Okay, some body please, what the hell is going on? I've been sensing some weird vibes and smelling blood in the air. Something is terribly wrong in this town. I want to know."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean finally took her eyes off of Telki and looked at the person behind her. She whiffed the air and smelled that he was a werewolf. He asked about goings on in the city, so Caelean guessed that he was tracking their actions. "Hunters are starting to get active, again. We're trying to gather in larger numbers... it'll help later on." She suddenly remembered why she was in a large pack in the first place. "Have you two heard a Calling recently?"
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

~~~Telki
"Well, you see members of the Nekkon clan don't really have packs," Telki said. "Any big cat will tell you that. Maybe in pairs but never in a pack." She sat down on the log and shifted back to her human form. She took in one big breath to release tension from the encounter. "But anyway, I haven't heard anything about a Calling. But I'm willing to help out in anyway that I can."

Roark~~~
Roark sat down next to Telki on the log. He watched Yami, who he still has yet to really acquaint himself with. "I'm pretty sure I can find out something about the Hunters. We could try a little espionage?" He blurted out. He didn't feel 100% still. "I'm just throwing random ideas out there. Is it just me or am I light headed?" he asked before falling over in to Telki's lap.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"God f*** dammnit all!" Dan shouted, ducking down out of the way. "I am getting really sick of this s***," he added, rising after the wave of energy had passed. He made an small gestured and muttered something in the arcane tongue of the mages, shielding himself magically, knowing that whatever had done that couldn't possibly be friendly.

"Who is here?" He asked Mugen. "I hope you know their name, because I am going to kill them so hard even magical means won't be able to identify the damned corpse."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

A woman flashed in, slicing at Mugen's back while he was in midair. Mugen managed to dodge with minimal damage, but failed in his landing. He did what it took to protect Ouka, placing himself closest to the ground.

"Damn it....Tenshi...what are you doing here?"

------------Tenshi------------

"Surprised to see me, little brother? You didn't think I would just let you wander around where there are lots of people, with you being a devourer and all."

She stood up and moved her black bangs out of her eyes. Her piercing red eyes looked between Mugen, Ouka, and Dan.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka looked up at Tenshi, she was unsure of what had happened, but her senses came back to her in a flash.
" Mugen are you ok?" She said, not letting her gaze off of Tenshi. Ouka readied her sword, pulling it out of the wolf sheath.
The two wolves started to blaze red, just like it did hours ago, but this time more fiercely. She was ready for anything.

" Tenshi, you should get out of here, your blade will clash with mine and no one else’s. I will cut you down if you dare to ever hurt my pack! your fight may be with Mugen, but I will not allow you to fight with him!" Ouka's eyes burned bright blue as she let her temper out into her words.

(( : that's probably going to kill me, but, oh well. I hate this post, it was so quick... : ))
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami shook his head. "No I haven't heard a calling. I have been seperated from my kind for so long so that may be why. I also just reached this city." He looked at Roark concerned. "Is that normal or should we find somewhere to take him so he can rest?"