In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by Aki »

"Not much farther now," Daniel replied, leading on. It wasn't very long before they arrived at a large warehouse, the metal siding corrugated and beaten looking. It had the look of a place that hadn't seen regular human habitation in a long time. Which was true - Dan didn't come here often and never lived in it like a home.

"Hurry inside," he said, holding a side door open. "It's got some minor magic wards that should keep us safe."
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

Nekko stared at the old warehouse, mesmerized by its aged look. He snaped back to reality when Daniel told them to hurry inside. Without question, Nekko went in.
"And you're sure this place is well hidden?" he asked.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

"It should be if my nose is correct."

Mugen hurried in, taking Ouka with him.
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka took a long look inside the ruined building and spotted a moved floorboard she recognized. Ouka let go of Mugen’s hand and ran over to the piece of wood. She looked inside and at first she found nothing, then a shimmer of light came from a handle underneath the boards. Ouka smiled and couldn’t help herself to say “there you are’ out loud. She grabbed hold of the handle and started pulling out a long thin sword, sheathed with wolf skin. It’s golden crescent handle shone in the light. Ouka got up off of the floor and uncovered the sword’s blade to show everyone. “ Dan, this is what I was talking about earlier. This is my sword, Mikazuki.” She said as the two wolves that was on the sword suddenly turned red.

((:It is said that when the “monsters’ look at the two wolves on the blade, they either get stronger when the two wolves become blue instead of silver or they become afraid to even look at the blade or it’s welder when the wolves become red. When the red shows, the people looking at the blade will see the welders true terrifying form. Humans are affected by this too.--- this is on my profile. This is just for if you are confused:))
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Son of a b****...." Dan muttered, as Ouka unearthed the blade from the floor boards. "The ambient magical energy must've hid it from detection. That's how I never knew that was here..." he added as he brushed past her, not seeing the red wolves on it or what it revealed. The wizard was far too focused on finding his own magical weaponry. "Now where did I leave those things. Ah."

He seized one of the warehouse's myriad cardboard boxes and flipped the top open, pulling a aged 1911 .45 caliber pistol and an even older looking revolver that looked large and heavy enough that it could be used as a crude club if the need came of it. Next came a shoulder-holster for the .45 which he threw on, followed by a large jacket styled like a WWII bomber's jacket, which he threw on to hide the firearm. Last was a rather stuffed looking backpack that he unceremoniously stuffed the revolver into before slipping the backpack's straps over his shoulders.

"You guys sure are awful quiet, what's so damn interesting...?" he asked, looking up, then saw Ouka's true terrifying form. "Oh. What the f***..."
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean's whole body shivered and frose when Ouka revealed an incredible sword. Once she introduced Mikazuki, two wolves on the sword turned red, and she had to look away. She didn't know why. She's seen swords before. Guns were more of a threat to her. So... why was she so petrified?

She slowly looked up, ready to see the sword again, but she almost collapsed in terror when she saw Ouka. "Freak storm...! wh-what the heck?!" ((Note that 'freak storm' is a phrase that she uses to curse.))
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen gazed at Ouka, though not in shock. His expression was that of curiosity. He walked over, placing his hand over hers. With that, his own true form showed itself to the rest. There he stood, more wolf-like than before, yet still human in build. His claws had lengthened, his hair long, white, and spiked. His pointed ears became those of a wolf, and his fangs enlarged. He bore the single white tail of his wolf form, though this tail was all five wrapped around each other.

"Interesting...Very interesting..."

{ The picture I am adding here is of Mugen's true form. Though it may not seem as dangerous as one would think, in this form he has slaughtered thousands of demons, humans, animals, and supernatural creatures alike. }
Attachments
IBSO3.JPG
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Ouka just simply looked over Mugen, his true form showing, she covered the blade with the wolf skin again. " Sorry you had to see that. This is the power of my sword, it can show anyone's true form... as long as I'm holding it." Ouka sat back down on the cold ground. Her eye's still shone blue, she had a terrible feeling. Like something was coming. Almost, familiar. Ouka shook off the feeling and turned to Mugen. " So, is that your true form, Mugen?"

((: here is what I look like in my true form. The picture has my brother on it too. He's up front, I'm in the back:))
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x175 ... imlock.jpg
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Nifty," Dan said flatly, finding the ability more interesting than cool. "How do you know that's the true from though?" he asked, walking off a bit to a more open section of warehouse and spread his arms, starting the ritual to replenish his stores of mana. "I mean, what's to say that's you? Maybe it's like a funhouse mirror and it's like you but not really. Or it's a total lie. What makes you so sure, y'know"

He went through the ritual's steps without really paying attention to it. It was something he'd done so much it was pure muscle memory, like a basketball player's dribble.

"And man, people change, so does it change? Or does it stay the same, static and stagnant as those the image claims to represent change and reinvent themselves? Can an image really represent the depth of character there is to a person?"

He finished the ritual, grinning and feeling ecstatic. Having his mana full was like waking up refreshed or having a tall cup of strong coffee. He felt energetic as hell.

"Sorry. I'm a bit of a philosophical sort at times. Comes with being a mage I suppose. You don't practice magic if you're not the person to wonder at how things work and why they work."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Even though Ouka had recovered the blade, Mugen remained in his true form.

"This is my true form. My proof..."

His tail swung around a bit and then seperated into five individual tails. He held out his hand, and an ancient scroll appeared in his palm. He opened it, revealing its contents to the others.

"This scroll was made back before demons had let their existence known to the world, over a thousand years ago. This scroll contains a prophecy. A fact you should all know is that all wolf demons in the world are born with a mark. There is my mark..." He put his hand over his right eye, "..There is my sister's mark, a flower over her left eye, and there are many others."

He pointed at a symbol on the scroll that was identical to his mark.

"In the prophecy, the one born with this symbol shall bring redemption to our race and all demon-kind."

He turned the scroll to himself, and began to translate the ancient text.

"'The one who's born pure of blood shall bring our world anew. This being of five tails shall cleanse the darkness of the past. Though shadow, earth, ice, and time, our fate shall be forever sealed. Once the beast had grown to full, the damage will be healed.' That prophecy is of my birth: My mark, the Five-Tail White Wolf, my control over those very elements. I know this is my true form, for only a demon's true form will first show itself in dire need."

The scroll vanished, and he returned to his normal form.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"A scroll that proves your form is also the one that pro-claims you the hero," Dan commented with a smirk. "Forgive me if I'm skeptical about the veracity of your scrolls and such when they make you seem all high and mighty."

He turned to the newcomer without losing his smirk. "Weak body? Nonsense, the flesh is mighty and can be augmented if one merely knows how, " he replied. "Now, who are you, why are you in my cache, and how do you know Ouka? Your intent does not strike me as honorable so I feel obligated to mention that you are outnumbered and outgunned mister Kiba. Do not start s*** in my warehouse, please."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Flesh heals," Dan countered, grinning. "And skin tears and bones break because nothing in this world is invincible and timeless. Everything has it's breaking point. Even the stars die. On a long enough time span you could watch the stars go out, dot by dot as the universe died it's heat-death..."

His eyes widened a bit as Kiba held his sword to Ouka's neck, but his composure quickly returned as he smiled. "Ah, I see, sibling rivalry," he began. "Clearly, however you want something more, otherwise you'd have killed her by now. This must mean you want to start s***. I warned you against that."

He pulled his .45 and pulled the slide back, chambering the first of the seven rounds in it's magazine and pointed it at Kiba. "You will remove the sword from Ouka's neck and leave. Otherwise I will eject your brain through the back of your skull."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Kiba : ))
--------------------------------

Kiba smiled at the Warlock. His eyes narrowed at the gun he just pointed at him, and he chuckled at that fact. " Sibling rivalry... if only I could kill my sister, but here's a funny side to it, what ever happens to me... happens to her..." He looked at Ouka and simply smiled. " So sad... because I would love to drain her of her blood..." He then sliced his wrist, showing that when he did so, it happened to Ouka. Kiba looked back at the Warlock and gave him a cruel smile, letting go of Ouka he brought out his other sword that was on his left side. He now had two long swords in both hands. " I simply wanted to have some fun..." he said child like.

Kiba lifted one of the swords; " Warlock, how about playing a little game with me." He said then a black orb appeared at the sword expanding. " Byakuya..." he muttered the spell and the whole building was filled with darkness. Only a large moon appeared above them, but it gave off no light, the others would not be able to see him. His laughs was heard every where, and just when the laughing stopped Kiba attacked the Warlock in the shoulder, causing him to bleed uncontrollably.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"Son of a b****," Dan commented through the pain, gripping his shoulder as the wound sew it self back together with alarming alacrity. "You forget that I am motherfucking magic," he added, closing his eyes. He made a quick gesture and uttered something unintelligible and opened them again, opening his mind's eye and seeing not what was, but what is. The patterns of the world - of objects and of living things. "I am on a fount of magic. You are fighting a war of attrition with an enemy with boundless resources."

He could see Kiba now - he could see everyone - and pointed his gun at him as if things were clear as day. "Additionally, it is fair to warn you that mages do not play fair. We like to bend the rules, especially physics' laws."

He pulled the trigger and the .45 kicked like a horse and roared like thunder, the projectile's velocity and mass were altered with magic - it would hit with the force of a cannonball at incredible speed.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Kiba : ))
-----------------------------------

Kiba barley dogged the bullet as it ripped his black jacket at his left arm. " Nice try Warlock!" He yelled at him, laughing as he said it.
The spell Kiba used started to slightly fade but instead of it being black, it started becoming bright red.

He struck again, throwing his sword at the Warlock's legs and muttered a few words; " Kuchidome..." he said silently to himself. the blade began to glow a ink-like color and continued to the Warlock's legs, moving faster at every second.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

((I really need to get on more))

Nekko watched all the commotion going on on the far side of the warehouse. Apparently Dan had a stockpile of weapons, Ouka has an enchated sword and brother, and Mugen's real form was revieled. Eventhough he was a protector, they had him completely overpowered. He let out a sigh feeling useless.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen flashed in, grabbing Kiba by the throat and lifting him off the ground.

"Listen here, pup, if you wish to live, you will stop this senseless fighting. Otherwise, I'll make sure that nothing is left of you when I kill you."

His grip tightened, his long claws digging into Kiba's neck and back. His gaze was hypnotic, the glowing green color shining amongst the dark surroundings. His tail waved once before seperating into five tails.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace Mcgrenor made his way down a dimly lit corridor,examining over the paintings along the wall to his left. It had been nearly seven years since he first entered the hall, and nearly two since he was allowed to wander it freely, or wander it without a gun pointed at his head. He was a man of power, a man who had risen from nothing, a man who was on the quest for revenge. Now he stood at the top of the company as a vital asset, one that the company couldn't function without. He was a general. He began making his way further down the hallway, grinning, reveling in his success as those subordinate to him passed. He moved towards a large door and opened it, revealing a finely furnished environment on the other side. It was his office.

Kace slammed the door behind him and moved towards a large glass desk in the room's corner. With a slow motion, he began sorting thorugh a large pile of paperwork that covered the desk's surface, papers covered in code of some sort. He nodded, reached for a pencil, and spoke.

"Sir there were reports of disturbance earlier this evening," he spoke, writing on one of the paper's corners.
"I know, Mr. Mcgrenor; I've been long aware of this event. What does it all mean?" a heavy, male, voice responded from the room's ceiling, sounding machine-like.
"If I had to guess, sir, I would say you have a 'monster' problem, right here in New York." Kace Paused. "To be honest, it wasn't too far from here either."
"How do you know, Mr. Mcgrenor?"
"These codes; they say it all, sir. I've compared them to a werewolf's howl, and guess what?"
"What?" The metallic voice responded stupidly.
"They match."
"So what are you trying to say, Mr. Mcgrenor?"
Kace smiled. "Sir, if anything, I would say the monsters are preparing an offensive against our city."
"Blasphemy! We killed most of them off a long time ago."
"Oh, no doubt we did, sir, but we've given them plenty of time to strengthen, those that did escape that is."
The voice in the ceiling paused, apparently thinking about something. A loud hum of static replaced it, causing the entire room to fill with a screech.
It spoke, "Perhaps you are right, Mr. Mcgrenor. Perhaps we should form the defensive before it is too late."
"Exactly, sir."
"But before we do that, I want you to investigate. You have proven to be an amazing asset thus far, but I want proof before I initiate the deal to eliminate these...monsters."

Kace nodded and moved towards a panel on the wall behind him. With a quick motion, he pressed a sequence of buttons on the panel, and the room went silent. He moved back towards the door and exited the room, entering back into the hallway from before. Rudely, he threw his pencil to the floor, allowing it to roll into the hallway's center. He grinned.

"And so it begins." He spoke

Swiftly, he made his way towards the nearby staircase, and descended, allowing the once narrow hallway to explode into a atrium of a room, one outfitted in marble flooring and overpriced furnishings. He reached the bottom of the staircase and began moving towards a set of glass doors that exposed the outside world on the other side. A guard moved in front of him.

"Leaving, sir?" the guard spoke, casually.
"Yeah; lock this level down after I leave. Nobody gets in without proper identification; understood?" Kace responded.
"Yes, sir, understood."

Kace exited through the glass door, hearing a buzz erupt from behind him, the sound of a siren. The building was going on alert. The air outside, cool, caused a shiver to run up his spine.

He began strolling towards the building's parking garage.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

(( :Kiba: ))
------------------------------------------------------

The spell Kiba used before had disappeared now. Just vanished like nothing ever happened.

Kiba just smiled at they're stupidity, gazing coldly at the Demon's glowing eyes. He slowly began to laugh; " You people are such fools, you just don’t listen... go ahead and kill me, but you'll lose one of your little pack members." Kiba grabbed the Demon's arm and squeezed tight, his claws grew and began to pierce the Demon's flesh. " tighten your grip if you want to, all you'll do is kill Ouka as well. I'm not saying this to be a coward. All I hope for, is that you know what your doing. Don’t even try to use any sort of magic, spell casting or anything, it wont work to free us from each others souls. We where born with this, and it will stay with us till we die." Kiba smiled cruelly at the Wolf Demon and disappeared in to smoke.

Just a few seconds after, Kiba appeared next to Ouka again. He grabbed Ouka by the arms with his claws, drilling them in her fragile pale skin which was now dripping out thick red blood. And so was his. " I'm taking Ouka.. just for a quick trip.." he said, blood red eyes gazed at all of them. " You would be wise to let me take her..."

(( : Really, if Kiba gets hurt Ouka gets hurt. If Kiba dies Ouka dies. I made it this way so that it would be harder for people to fight him, and also, I thought it was cool. But don’t worry, Ouka is a strong woman she can stand pain more then her brother can.: ))
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

"You assume much, demon," Dan said flatly, with a blank and detached - almost clinical - expression. "You see this as some sort of bonus - it is not."

He clenched his fists, reaching into his own pattern with his magic and tweaking something, then shuddered as adrenaline flooded his veins as his legs felt more powerful, faster and stronger. Without further warning he rushed forward, wrapping a hand around Ouka's wrist. Dan muttered something unintelligable under his breath and triggered all of Ouka's pain receptors - which would do the same to Kiba in turn.

"You will not take her anywhere," he growled, the fury evident in his eyes now, a quiet and intense sort of anger. "Since I can't kill you, obedience school is now in session. Sit boy, like a good dog."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace entered into the parking garage's lowest level and watched as a few cars moved past him, as if purposely trying to distract his mind. The garage was cold, possibly colder than it was outside, and weakly illuminated in the faint glow of the suspended lighting fixtures above. He moved towards a set of stairs in the garage's corner, which were also weakly illuminated, but darker than the actual parking platform. With an annoyed sigh, he began ascending up the stairs, and listened as the concrete clattered beneath his steps.

After going up the winding staircase a few times, he stopped, smiling, and exited through one of the upper levels' doors. A heavy, potent, smell met his nostrils, the smell of blood, one that he had become used to since the war. He reached into his jacket and removed a firearm from its interior, a colt .45 pistol. He scanned over the area before him, but saw nobody.

"Hello! Is anybody there?" he spoke, not knowing what to do. No response came.

Kace smiled and lowered his gun back into the holster inside his jacket. With a slow motion, he began moving forward. The smell became stronger; Kace found the source. He crouched down and examined over a few droplets of dried blood on the concrete beneath him. His mind throbbed. His hands pulled a flashlight from the jacket's interior. He lowered the flashlight to the blood stain, causing it to light up.

"So this is where you were, huh?" Standing up, he lifted a cell phone to his ear. The line clicked.
"Hello," a voice sounded from the other end of the line, tired in tone.
"Do you still have those satellites working?" Kace questioned, still eyeing over the blood on the floor.
"The government made us shut most of them down. Why..."
"Are there any still working?" Kace interrupted.
"Yeah, like one or two," The voice on the phone responded, sounding somewhat annoyed by Kace's response.
"I'm going to send you some samples of blood. Tell me if they're monster related." Kace lowered the flashlight closer to the blood and hit a button on the object's frame. A loud click sounds from the flashlight.
"Uhh..." the voice paused. "It...uhh...loading...Kace this is really stupid; the war's over."
"Just tell me if they're monster related?"
"Umm...what the heck...yeah, they're monster related alright!"
"Can you trace the source of the blood?"
"With the satellites; yeah. Really, though, Kace, this is kind of dumb. I mean, the war's over."
"Just do it and call me back." Kace hung up the phone and backed away from the blood.

He began moving along the parking garage's platform, scanning over the cars parked alongside its walls. With a quick motion, he approached one of them, opened its driver's door, and seated himself inside it. He moved his hands onto the car's steering wheel and nodded. The car sputtered and turned on.

"Greetings...Kace Mcgrenor," a robotic, female, voice sounded from the car's dashboard.

Kace backed out of the spot and began driving towards the parking platform's ramp.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

((OOC: Uh...wow iI think i forgot my own name...Kept puting Nekko insteasd of Roark))

Roark got up and sighed. He make his way over to the commotion. "Lets try to keep bloodshed to a minimum." He said knowing that anyone of them could easily kill him.

((Trying to get in on some action.))
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

"You won't be going anywhere, you insolent pup, so long as your feet are stuck to the ground."

Mugen shifted on of his foot-paws, causing the earth around Kiba's feet to lok them in an unbreakable hold. After doing so, he strode up, grabbing Kiba's wrist and forcing him to let go.

"There are ways to seperate the soul from another."

He pulled out a cell phone, opened it and dialed. After a few seconds, someone answered his call.

"Konjou, this is Mugen. I could use some help of both you and your Kankoku. Be here in five."

After hanging up, Mugen returned his gaze to Kiba. Five minutes later, a man appeared out of nowhere, shrouded in darkness.