In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Ouka : ))
------------------------
Ouka turned to look at Mugen, she gave him a sad look and focused her eyes on the bloodstained ground. " Mugen... I'm sorry, but he is right. Nothing will be able to separate us, no powerful sword, demon magic, pretty much nothing. Not even God would do so. If you try to separate our souls..." Ouka paused and she looked back at Kiba then quickly shifted her eyes toward the newcomer. " Total chaos..." was all she could get out of here mouth. Ouka got free from Dan's grasp and walked over to Kiba. " I know you... Shinigami." Ouka said, anger in her voice. She took out her sword, Mikazuki, and trusted it in her left leg twisting it around to cause more pain. She knew Kiba never really experienced pain, so it was new to him and would hurt him more, unlike Ouka she could stand it more.

" Kiba, brother... please leave. I do not want this to get ugly. I know it's not easy to kill you... but I'd rather not kill myself just to kill you. It's bothersome..."
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace watched as the street came into his view, silhouetted in the artifical lighting of the nearby skyscraper. It was clear what these monsters were doing. They were preparing to attack; they had to be. He stopped at the garage's exit, searching for any oncoming cars, and then sped onto the street, allowing the car's tires to screech on the asphalt. The smell of burnt rubber filled the air. He reached for a small screen mounted into his car's dashboard and pressed a series of buttons along its frame. The screen flickered to life, revealing a series of different computer screens and a man seated before them.

"Do you have anything yet?" Kace spoke, switching his vision between the street and the screen.
The man in front of the computer nodded and responded, "Yeah."
"Well, where's the source?"
"An old warehouse not too far from here." The man in the screen sighed. "Kace, you might want to leave this alone for a while. I'm detecting a whole bunch of energy around the warehouse's walls."
"Then send some backup."
"Negative; I can't do that without clearance from the boss."
"Then I investigate this place alone. Send me the coordinates."

The man on the screen shrugged and turned to face the computers behind him. The screen itself went black and then filled with a bright blue covered in letters. Kace turned onto a nearby road and began speeding.

It was clear now. Kill the monsters to prevent the next war.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

Mugen's ears twitched. As returned to his normal state, he quickly kicked kibu up into the air, leapt after him, and sent the young wolf flying with another kick. After landing, he dashed around and sent everyone else inside.

"Everyone be quiet. We are being watched.."

He used his transparency technique and hid himself. Soon after, Mugen left the warehouse and snuck up behind Kace before revealing himself.

"You, human, you have no rights being here. Get lost before I have to make you leave."
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

After about twenty minutes of driving, Kace watched as a warehouse came into his view, one that had long ago rusted and become uninhabitable. The colors of the city behind him seemed to have faded along with the city itself, leaving only his car as the primary source of light; the car itself emmited an eerie glow on the warehouse's metal walls. He drove into a small alley between the warehouse's walls and parked the car, quickly exiting the vehicle. The environment here was far less welcoming than the one back in the city's center, horrifying in a way, sending a chill up his spine. He leaned into the wall beside his car and pulled his gun from the inside of his jacket.

A loud ruckus sounded from inside the warehouse and then, seconds later, there was nothing but silence. He began approaching the warehouse's entrance, careful not to make any sound. A voice spoke from behind him.

"You, human, you have no rights being here. Get lost before I have to make you leave," the voice said.
Kace spun around and lifted his gun, just enough to aim at the man behind him. He spoke, "I don't see any signs telling me to leave. You'll have to use a lot more than words to make me leave."
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Post by Nekko »

Roark was suddenly pushed back into the warehouse. Not to long after he heared Mugen faintly say something. He turned to the others. A 'Whats going on?' look on his face. Another voice replied to Mugen's. A new voice. Roark couldn't make out any of the muffled words comming through the door.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Kiba : ))
------------------------------------------

Kiba smashed to the wall and fell limp upon the floor, next to the human protector. Not even a few seconds afterwards, he felt intense anger as he looked back up to see how far he had fell he looked back over to the others, who where next to them. His eyes flashed in rage as he looked at Ouka. As he got up his leg bled uncontrollably, but he managed to walk over to her, the pain made him twitch and clench his fist. He lifted her up by her throat, staring at her intensely. " You, b****! I don’t care if this whole building was drenched in blood! I WANT things to get interesting for ONCE in my life! And now that I've found you, I'm making sure to never let you get away from me, even if I have to use force! Even if I had to kill all these damned people in here!" Kiba threw Ouka to the other side of the wall, he teleported to be next to her again and threw her out the window.

Kiba looked back at the building once more, and whispered " I want to make sure I become a Death God... follow me, you people will die where you stand..."
Soon as you know it, he vanished along with Ouka.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

--KONJOU--

Konjou intercepted Kiba's teleportation, tossing him to the ground.

"The life of a Shinigami is not for you, Kiba. Trust me, I have been one for nearly a century, and I am not the only one in this area. Mugen is also one of us, and we will stop you at all costs."

A dark, key-like weapon appeared in his hand.

"Now let her go, or be felled by Amatsu Kuragari.

--Mugen--

Mugen quickly drew his sword and held it to the human's throat.

"Do you want me to stain the dirt with your blood? LEAVE!"

A low, menacing growl burned deep within his throat.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

---------------------------

Kiba looked up at the demon before him, he gave him a smirk and got up off of the floor. " Nice blade. But please, I all I'm asking is to take Ouka. If you people want me to stop fighting you here, just let me take her." Kiba instantly swung his sword, Fuyuzora, at Konjou's legs, whispering something, " Kuchidome.." was all that was heard. His blade tuned ink-like color and Kiba used his blood to instantly write a kanji symbol on his legs that said " kinshi". Kiba turned into smoke and appeared behind Konjou, " You will feel that curse for a while. Even if you rub off the blood, the curse will still be there."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Konjou was instantly in front of Kiba, his palm to the wolf's chest. His claws dug deep into the flesh as he muttered but a single word.

"Gunshushou.."

Energy surged into his palm and into Kiba's body, shorting out every nerve. He quickly followed with a clawing uppercut, slashing at the wolf's throat, and then grabbed Ouka before vanishing into the darkness.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Kace smirked, eyeing over the blade's edge. With a hesitant motion, he pulled the safety on his gun, allowing the gun itself to click. He spoke.

"You would be making a very big mistake if you kill me," he said. He could hear the growl in the man's throat. "And it appears that it's true then, about you monsters living here. If you kill me now, then you will die, all of you, even your friends inside this warehouse."
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Kiba fell to the cold hard ground with a loud thud, he just looked to the roof and clinched his fangs. He cursed inwardly and tried to get up but ended in failed. He tried over and over to get up, until finally he managed to do so. Kiba closed his eyes and focused, chanting different things in his head. The wound on his neck barely healed, but just enough to stop some of the bleeding. He couldn’t really feel the pain from his neck, he shrugged off the thoughts and concluded it was just simply from Konjou. Kiba tried to stand but lost balance and fell back to the ground.

He looked all around to see if he could spot Konjou and Ouka, but could not see them anywhere around. He figured she'd have to be close by, they didn’t want her to be too far away from them if she was the pack leader. " Ugh... You people are stubborn." He managed to choke out from his tired breath. " You win this game, Ouka. But trust me... I'll be back to get you." Kiba started to fade into smoke, laying down he looked like he slowly started to drift into sleep. " Next time... I WONT go easy on any of you..." He said and completely disappeared into the darkness.

-----------------------------

Somewhere, on Staten Island:

Kiba walked to a old shack and fell limp on the door, desperately trying to get inside. " Damn it..." he cursed as he gave up and laid down on the ground. The sun shown through a tree that was by the shack and gave off a heavenly glow all around. After a few minutes he managed to get up a little and open the door.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark let out a sigh as Kiba tackled Ouka though the window. With an unnoticable shrug he slumped down against the wall. It's been hours since he last got some shut eye. He looked around at the remaining group. His eyes became heavy and he slowly drifted off in to sleep.

His eye's shot open. The air and soil were damp. A strong feeling of familiarity overwhelmed him. He looked down at his feet. He wasn't wearing any shoes or socks and the bottom of his pant legs were a bit worn out. The snap of a twig caught his attention and got his heart racing. "Is that you?" He called out. Silence called back. Standing in between an almost perfect ring of trees the sound of rustling leaves surrounded him. A black figure dashed around him in the corner of his eyes. The rustleing stoped. Roark's breathing was deep and his heart jumping out of his chest. A branch snapped in a tree behind him. He turned around as quickly as he could. But it was to late. What looked like a panther pinned him down on the ground.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Said the werepanther.
Roark blushed heavily. "Uh...so you're...um...a girl huh?" He managed to spit out. The panther backed up a little from his face almost as if she were shocked. "This is a little awkward." He contiued in an uncomfortable tone trying his best to divert his eyes.

Back at the warehouse, Roark stirred in his sleep and muttered the name. "Telki."
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

--Konjou Shikon--

The portal of darkness led back to the warehouse, where he set Ouka down and healed her leg.

"That was a stupid decision you made, stabbing your own leg. Just be glad that you didn't hit any major blood sources or your tendon."

The darkness faded away from his body, returning him to his original form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Mugen Kumori--

"You lable us monsters just because we were born differently? If you want to see a real monster, try looking in a mirror!"

Mugen span around, coming up with a reverse upward kick to Kace's chin.

"I am only going to ask once, please live. I have no quarrel with you, and I'd rather not she any more blood than I already have."

The wolf resheathed his sword before returning to the warehouse.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Kace stumbled backwards, feeling as something slammed into his chin. Within seconds, he found himself on the ground, and watched as the man with the sword began leaving. He turned his attention to his hand that previously held his gun, and could see blood seeping between his fingers, and quickly realized that the gun itself was gone. Something caught his attention, the gun, lying on the ground beside him. A grin settled on his face, and a mocking laugh escaped his throat.

"You think you scare me, monster!?" he screamed in the direction of the warehouse's entrance. "You don't! Tell all of your little friends to come out. Tell them that hiding won't do them any good." Kace stood up and looked towards the sky, laughing. With a blank expression, he reached into his coat's pocket and pulled a phone from its contents. "You've lost, monsters!"
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Ouka : ))
--------------------------

Ouka looked down at her leg, she sighed; " I didnt mean to hit anything vital, I know Kiba well, he's not able to take alot of pain. that is why I stabbed myself, it wasn’t stupid or idiotic, you people should be grateful that I did that. Kiba would have gotten out of the hold Mugen put him in without any trouble. he might have killed Mugen. Or at least tried." She felt her leg heal and she could only feel the pain once she got up. It didn’t bother her much, she just hoped kiba would be able to feel it too, which he probably did. Ouka let in a long breath and started to shift into a somewhat normal-looking grey wolf. The only thing that you could have easily told apart from a regular wolf and a Lycanthrope was that she was 5x larger then a normal wolf.

Her eyes looked at the door, scanning it and looking over every detail. A moment past and she turned to the others there behind her. "" I have a feeling that a 'hunter' is outside this warehouse. A hunter who despises us more then anything.””
Ouka’s ears twitched from a sound of a soft click from a phone. Her fur stood strait up and gave a low growl. Ouka dashed to the door and ran past Mugen, She slid on the ground and bared her fangs at the “hunter’ running at him full speed. The large wolf crashed into him and pined him on the ground. She gave a loud snarl at the man and readied her fangs to bite.

““ Who are you stranger, and how did you find us? Dont even think of calling your hunter friends, move and I will tear your throat out!””
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Within seconds, something hit Kace, throwing him to the ground instantly. He felt as the phone in his hand escaped his grip, flying onto the ground nearby, making a loud clatter on the terrain near his car. A large wolf-like creature had pinned him to the ground, making it nearly impossible to move. He tried reaching for his gun, but it was too far away. He turned his attention towards the wolf above him, and chuckled nervously, quickly silencing. The creature seemed to speak somehow, threatening to rip his throat out.

"I'm surprised that you chose to show, werewolf," Kace spoke. "I've already met your pathetic friend with the sword, too cowardly to kill me. As to who I am, I am here to eliminate you, nothing more, nothing less. Tell the others that are with you to show themselves, and perhaps my comrades will spare them."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen's sword flew past Ouka's snout, straight into the hunter's shoulder. He walked back over, glaring down at the human.

"It was not cowardice, it was wanting to decrease the amount of blood shed, but it seems that you have given me no choice."

He took his sword out of the flesh and sheathed it.

"Ouka, come back inside."

((Does that satisfy?))
Last edited by InfiniteShadowMugen on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Yes. Thank you.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

((OOC: I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much, either. Caelean won't bother the werewolve's argument until the story continues on, if someone can PM me about it. Otherwise, I'll be doing Clark's story.))

Clark Gale:

Clark came to, a slow, groggy feeling greeting his senses. He remembered being knocked out cold... and he thinks literally... Now he was freezing to death, unmoving and unfeeling to wherever he was. And wasn't he on his back?

He slowly opened his eyes to see a headboard blinking a bright green light. He looked up further to see tiles on the ceiling. He knew where he was.

He turned and lifted his head to see his condition; not good. he was covered in gauze and bandages, and most likely his back had to be operated on a couple of times. To his left was his daughter, sleeping on a visitor's chair. To his right was another room, and Jimmy was inside. He sitting up, but coughing away. He was pretty beaten up, but at least he could actually sit.

Clark groaned and cursed silently as he turned to lie on his back. Once he did, he felt a large stinging sensation, but it wasn't something he couldn't handle. He tilted the bed to a sitting position, already familiar to the controls.

He looked toward Jenny; she was still sleeping. He gave a sigh of relief. He didn't want to deal with Jenny's nagging, but more importantly, he didn't want her to stress over him.

He turned his head towards Jim's room, who paid full attention to the retired soldier. A grave expression crossed his face, and he shook his head. The Monsters escaped. Again.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

A portal of darkness appeared inside of Clark Gale's hospital room. From it stepped out Mugen, though it wasn't the real wolf. This version was made entirely of shadow, and stepped toward Clark.

"I see you are doing better, Gale. I am sorry to have put you through what I did, but I will not allow anyone to harm Ouka. Now hear this: If you, in any way, hurt Ouka again, I will not only see to your own death, but also the deaths of your entire family."

The shadow being vanished without a trace.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark sat next to the door still asleep. His eye's darting around behind his eye lids as his dream continues.

"Who are you to call me a girl?" Said the werepanther, getting off Roark. She sensed no negative vibes from him. "And why aren't you scared sh*tless?"
Roark dusted himself clean of leaves. "Well you're not the first were I've been around. As for the whole 'girl' thing, I really just couldn't think of anything better to say." He managed to squeeze in a small chuckle. Suddenly the atmosphere changed, everything was uncomfortable. The werepanther was on alert.
"You should leave." She said. She looked over her shoulder at him. "Now!" Without warning a harpoon like arrow struck a tree Roark was standing next to.

Back in the warehouse Roark's breathing became irregular. His fingers started to twitch and he tossed his head around.

((OOC: Going deeper into Roark's past...fun stuff.))
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

((A werepanther, eh? Maybe I should add in Haruka soon. She is a panther demon.))

Picking up Ouka by the scruff of her neck, Mugen brought her back inside and laid her down.

"That was not a wise thing to do, Ouka. I had the situation under control.."

His piercing gaze was strict, yet somehow gloomy. With his eyes half-open, he stared at the wolf, running his fingers through her soft fur.

"Next time..let me handle everything..I am better at negotiations than most humans are..I've had to get the tiger tribe to stop from slaughtering the wolf tribe in Japan. The tigers were blood-crazed, and it only took the right motivation to get them to stop. I am strong, and I can weave my way into other's minds, if I wish to."

He placed one hand upon her snout, and then moved it to scratch tenderly behind her ear.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Kace felt as the blade thrusted into his shoulder, causing him to cry out. For a moment the world seemed to spin, covered in a dull haze of red, as if everything around him was burning, and then returned to normal. The entirety of his arm throbbed, affected by the wound in his shoulder. The monsters were gone, had vanished, or at least seemed to have.

With a pain filled motion, he began dragging himself towards his car, using only his uninjured arm. Blood was beginning to seep through his shirt, making the situation even worse, and seemed to be getting worse over time. Quickly, he reached for his damaged phone, careful not to mess up the device further, and lifted it to his ear. A weak clicking sound echoed from the other line, showing that the phone was still in good enough repair for use. The phone began ringing.

"Hello," an annoyed voice responded from the other line.
Kace spoke, "I need to speak to the boss."
"He's not available right now."
"Well, I assume that you're taking messages then?"
"Yeah, whatever. Whaddaya want?"
"Tell him that Kace Mcgrenor has found two werewolves. There are likely more," Kace responded.
"Uh, okay, yeah. Is that all?" the annoyed voice questioned.
"Also, I need medical assistance."
"Sorry, can't do that," the voice spoke, followed by a long moment of silence. The person had hung up the phone.

Kace lowered the phone from his ear, watching as blood from his injured hand seeped onto the device's frame. He sighed, dropped the phone, and began making his way towards the car, just barely able to push himself to his feet. With a weak stumble, he reached the car's frame, slamming into the back of the vehicle with a loud clamor. Blood splattered onto the trunk. He made his way to the car's side and opened the driver's door, quickly seating himself inside the vehicle. With a quick motion, he closed the door and reached for the screen on the dashboard. The screen flickered to life.

"Welcome, Kace Mcgrenor. Connecting to Military Operations...one moment please," the robotic voice spoke from the screen. A few seconds passed. "Error. Unable to connect."
"Connect me to Outpost Bravo," Kace responded, clinching the wound on his shoulder, painfully.
"One moment, please..." The screen began flickering. "Connection granted. Connecting to Outpost Bravo."
"Outpost Bravo speaking," a new, human, voice spoke, followed by an image of people on the screen.
"I need a squad at this location, now," Kace spoke.
"Affirmative, uh, Mr. Mcgrenor. I'm sure that clearance has been sent from HQ; correct?!"
"Uh, yeah, correct."
"Alright, sir. I'll have a squad out there, five minutes at most."

The screen darkened. With a weak sigh, Kace reached for a SMG in the back seat, crying out from the strain on his injured shoulder.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark continued to toss and turn.

"I don't even know you're name!" He shouted. The werepanther tackled him to the ground, a rope snare cliped Roark's head.
"We're being attacked and you're asking for my name?" The werepanther said. She jumped to her feet as a man with a cross bow with a rope tied to it, the same rope on the arrow, came charging in. She grabed him by the throat and picked him up into the air. And in one fluid motion, she threw the hunter down breaking his neck on her knee. "Come on!" She shouted over he shoulder at Roark. "Get up and go before things get to heavy."
"I'm not leaving untill you give me a name!" Roark shouted. He kept his head low as he got off the ground.
The werepanther grabed another hunter, who ran out of ammo and charged in, and swung them in to the nearest tree. "FINE!" She growled, "The names Telki of the Nekkon clan now get the hell out of here...uh..."
"Roark!" He called back quickly following Telki's orders and headed for the thicker forestation. He slowed down to a walking pace. Gunfire sounded like small pops and crackles. One by one the pops disapeared. Roark stoped for a second to catch his breath. "Sounds like she's winning." He joked to himself. He stood up straight to start walking, but before he took one step a monsterous roar of pain shattered the silence. "Telki?" He turned around to run back.

Roark jolted forward, fully awake again. "TELKI!" He shouted with an outstretched arm and wide eyes. It took him a while to feel the coldsweat soaking his hoody and shirt. He panted and curled into the fetal position. His eyes began to tear up. His body became tense.
A voice echoed distantly. "Find me if you can." Roark peeked around. "Telki? Are you there?" But all he could see was Ouka, Mugen, and Caelean from where he was sitting.