Picking up where the dream ends...((RP))*Vacancy*

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Picking up where the dream ends...((RP))*Vacancy*

Post by Nekko »

The bell for the lunch period was seconds away from ringing. Roark couldn't wait to get out of American Government class. After three weeks going over one chapter about Congress, he was on the verge of going on a rampage. Right before the bell rang he shot up from his desk and threw on his backpack. "Finally!" He muttered under his breath. He hurried out of the class room and in to the clostrophobic, rush hour traffic jam that was main hallway.

On his bee line to the doors leading outside, a strong sense of bratty superiortiy almost choked him quite literally. "Who the hell?" He said to himself, coughing softly. Roark searched the sea of students.
Last edited by Nekko on Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Re: Picking up where the dream ends...((RP))

Post by JanuaryGray »

Sonya giggled quietly and looked up, making sure the teacher was facing the board, writing something about congress. She turned toward her friend Amanda and sneakily held up her cell phone for the other girl to see. After reading the text message displayed on Sonya's phone Amanda's hand flew to her mouth and she stifled her own giggles, eyes wide with shock and glee. Sonya smiled, both at her friend's reaction and at the thought of what that message said.

The bell rang just in time and Sonya shoved away her phone before the two girls packed up their things, lingering in the room a bit and waiting for the rush toward the door to thin out a bit before leaving themselves. As soon as they were in the hallway Amanda's control burst and she turned to Sonya with a giggle, hands flying to her mouth.

"Oh my god!" Amanda whispered gleefully, "Brian Duvall so wants to get in your pants!" Sonya smirked and tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder. Brian Duvall was the school's star quarterback and was practically drooled over by every single female in their school. Up until Saturday he'd been dating Heather Smith, the head cheerleader, for three years. She'd even had his letterman's jacket and a promise ring. "Heather's going to be crushed," Amanda continued on. That thought made Sonya's smile widen even more.

"As I've said before, cheerleaders are so passe," Sonya scoffed. "So boring, men like Brian want something a little more..." she shrugged, "exotic." And, Sonya thought to herself, she definitely fit that bill. Stupid cow that she was, Heather Smith had made the mistake last week of insulting Sonya within hearing distance. That was something she couldn't let pass, and so she'd stolen one of the few things that made Heather's pathetic little life less miserable. She would toy with Brian in a very public way for a while, until she got bored with him or it looked like Heather was getting over him, then she would toss him aside. But those were thoughts for the future, for now she just wanted to see Heather's cheap mascara running down her face as she bawled her eyes out.

The grin on Sonya's face was feral, her own little social hunts like this always brought out the animal in her. "Come on," she told Amanda, reining in the edge to her smile so it wouldn't frighten the poor human girl, "let's go give Heather our condolences."

Amanda grinned right back at her. "Sometimes you are so cruel!"

"You don't know the half of it," Sonya purred as they continued heading down the hall for the cafeteria.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark felt these sensations from only one person before. Sonya. He didn't talk much to her and he doesn't even think she knows he's there. Which in most cases is a good thing given her tendency to emotionally crush people. Knowing, by the vibe in the air, that Sonya was planning something he pretty much followed her to the cafeteria. "I just know I'm going to regret this." He mumbled as he neared her and her friend. A couple students walking next to him stared at him. He stared back. "Ask and you'll regret it." He added to his last comment.

He was careful to keep his distance. Everyone one knew that if Sonya hasn't talked to you, it was a big risk to talk to her. "Wonder who it's gonna be this time though." He mumbled to himself. Knowing how popular her and her group were it probably involved a jock or a cheerleader. But that was a random guess. It took him a while before it hit him. "Wait? Why the hell do I even care?" He thought still aimlessly following Sonya and Amanda.

((Happy fullmoon for those to which it applys or care...))
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

Still laughing and chatting, Sonya and Amanda strode into the cafeteria like they owned it, or rather Sonya did and Amanda followed faithfully at her side. Something was off though, Sonya's senses prickled and the hair at the back of her neck stood on end. They were being followed. Not followed in the sense that just about everyone was trying to get to the cafeteria. Someone was specifically following them.

Without warning, Sonya stopped and spun on one stiletto heel to glare behind her. She instantly picked him out from among the others. The boy was a therian, she'd noticed him before around the school, but had never seen any need to approach him or speak to him, so she was at a loss for his name. Oh well, he might be just as much of a predator as she was in some aspects, but not here. High school was firmly Sonya's territory. Planting her hands on her hips she glared at the boy. "Can I help you with something?" She snapped, loud enough that it caught the attention of most of the people around them, who stopped to stare.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

"Ah c***." Roark muttered as Sonya suddenly pulled a 180, meeting him face to face. Everyone from what might as well have been the entire school was staring. Sonya stuck a conflicting pose and dug her eye's into his soul. He was into deep now, either make a scene or brush it off. "What?!" He shouted in the silence that was the center of attention. "Does it bother that people like you have to walk the same ground as those you see as beneath you?" It didn't take long to notice what he just said. Sassing back one of the most popular girls in school was one of the last things you wanted to do. Add the fact she too was a therian and he pretty much signed his death certificate.
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

For just a second Sonya lifted a lip and let out a low, rather inhuman snarl at this boy's audacity. Honestly, she'd thought he would just slink off and she could laugh about it a little later with Amanda. A part of her could almost admire his boldness, calling her out, all but calling her a snob. She couldn't let that stand though, as her father had taught her, never show mercy. It was a sign of weakness and life would always destroy the weak.

Just as quickly, Sonya covered up her snarl, before any of the humans could notice, and laughed like she found the therian boy's outburst the most amusing thing she'd seen in a while. "You were the one following me around, stalker boy." She shot back at him, still keeping the laughter in her voice. She shook her head at him, half pity, half derision and turned back to Amanda. "Someone's got major issues," she said to her friend, pulling the other girl along so that they were walking through the crowded cafeteria again, ignoring the boy behind her like he no longer existed.

"What a creeper. Maybe you should get a restraining order or something," Amanda said. Sonya almost wanted to pat the human girl on the head with pride. Amanda was always good at jumping on the boat and backing Sonya up. Unfortunately, all this attention did put a kink in her plan to torture Heather. It might be too much bad publicity in one lunch period. Oh well, there were other fish in the sea.

"Come on," she directed Amanda, turning them toward one of the doors leading out to the open courtyard. "Let's go find Brian." Amanda followed along faithfully. Just as they were leaving the cafeteria Sonya shot a look back over her shoulder, finding the boy and giving him a quick wink and a vicious smile, showing a bit of tooth in an animalistic warning.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Picking up where the dream ends...((RP))*Vacancy*

Post by Nekko »

Roark picked up on the growl quickly, it was like picking saracasm out of one's words. He raised one eyebrow in curiosity as to if anyone else caught that. Her comeback was strong but he didn't let it phase him. Atleast not physicaly. After Sonya strode off carrying her friend Roark rolled his eyes, shook his head and wandered off to prowl the hallways. "Someone's got major issues" He mocked. "she says that like I need to get laid and don't have a chance." After mulling it over, he caught Sonya giving him a wink and fanged smile. He rolled his eye's again.

He steped out of the cafeteria with all eyes on him. It was a good thing there was a door leading outside near by. "Looks like you made it to the top of the gossip list again." Someone called out to him. He spun his head around to see his friend Bryan comming up behind him.
"'Sup" Roark called back. "I'm just prowling the grounds as usual." He saw Bryan chuckle a bit.
"You act like you're an animal sometimes." He said.
"You have no idea man."
" I wonder what the hell Sonya's problem is anyway." Bryan brought up as the two walked around the school's quad.
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

"Hi, Brian!" Sonya changed the pitch of her voice to sound more eager than she felt as she and Amanda approached Brian out by one of the school's outdoor basketball courts. He was playing with a few of his friends, but had called for a timeout when he'd seen the two girls approach.

"'Sup," Brian said nonchalantly. Sonya had to stop from grinding her teeth. Now Brian was trying to play her! He'd followed her like a puppy dog at the party on Saturday night and the text message he'd just sent her had been sappy and almost desperate. Now he was trying to act like she was the one who wanted him more than he wanted her! That simply would not do.

Sonya didn't know where or how exactly she had her other abilities, but right now she reached done and gathered them to use on Brian, nothing to much, but with just a little shove Brian's eyes went a bit glossy and he lost his cocky attitude.

"I was just playing some ball with the boys," he said, "but if you want to do something, I can totally leave."

Sonya smiled at him flirtatiously. "No, we just want to watch," she told him, "you look great moving out there." Brian grinned and almost blushed at the compliment.

"Okay," he said dumbly, "hey, I'll make my next basket for you!" He called as he jogged back onto the court.

"Make it a three-pointer," Sonya called after him. It would be interesting to see how hard he tried to do exactly like she asked. She sat down next to Amanda on a bench next to the court and watched the game with only half an eye as she and Amanda gossiped for the rest of the lunch period. Brian tried and failed several times to make a three-point shot before finally giving up and making a regular basket. Sonya had smiled and clapped a little for him when he did so, getting a huge smile out of the football player before he returned to the game. At the end of the period Brian officially asked her to one of his friend's parties that Friday night and Sonya happily accepted before giving him a peck on the cheek and striding off to her next class.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark's ears twitched. He could still hear Sonya's voice. "Oh my god she just doesn't go away!" He grunted. Bryan glanced over as they reached the top of a hill that overlooked the quad area. From there it was possible to see anything going on.
"What's that?" Bryan asked. He threw his bag off and plopped down beside it.
"Sonya. Her voice is still ringing in my ears." Roark lied. He searched the area to see where it came from. It wasn't hard to find her considering everyone had their cliches. She was over near the basketball courts watching one of the jocks, who is coinscidently named Brian.
Bryan took out a book he picked out from the book store. The cover read 'Chem + Fire = Fun.' Roark could only chuckle and shake his head to how rediculous that sounded.

The bell rang. Bryan got up and threw on his bag. "You commin'?" He asked.
"Meh...I have seven minutes to get to class. I'll give ya a call after school." Roark answered. Bryan took off bouncing down the hill. "I have soemone to meet anyway." He said. With a sigh he stood up and fanished into thin air. He sprinted down the hill towards Sonya's general direction, unseen and unheard.
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by JanuaryGray »

Sonya pulled her pre-calculus book out of her locker with a sigh. This next class was far from her favorite, she much preferred her economics and zoology classes, and especially her drama class to math. It was useful though and something her father had insisted upon, so she'd signed up for the class and suffered her way through it. To make things even worse none of her friends or anyone she could really talk to were in the class. Amanda, Brian and most of their ilk were all still stuck a few math classes back or had finished the bare graduation requirements for the subject and quit where they were. Thus math was also a lonely class for Sonya.

Oh well, at least it wasn't every day, and after math she always had drama. Drama was another class that none of her friends were in, but in this case Sonya didn't mind in the least. She loved acting, slipping into a character's skin and behaving like someone else. It was horribly fun, and she was good at it. Her teacher had been pushing her to sign up for the school's play, but Sonya had refused. Drama may have been something she liked, but it wasn't something she could do outside of school. She was far too busy to dedicate herself to the practices, and her father wasn't likely to approve either. Besides, the people who typically did school plays weren't Sonya's type. At least she still had the class though. Closing her locker she held her books close and headed off down the hall, stopping in the girls bathroom on the way there to check her makeup and hair.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark tried to catch up with Sonya but she quickly made it to her Pre-calculus class. He swore to himself, silently this time, as he made his way to Creative Writing. He quickly entered the bathroom to uncloak his self without being seen. Creative writing was one of his favorite classes. Partly because of the couple of friends he often talked to in there. They were part time pot heads who spent alot of time on the internet and were into philosophy. The class went by quickly mostly because there really wasn't much to lecture on, if anything there was a quick writing exercise.

The last period of the day for him was Weight training. A lot of the jocks where in there, but there were a few others like Roark that just liked to workout. It was an outlet for his stress or rage that tended to build up from day to day. He tried not to draw to much attention but with squats he maxed 420 pounds. Giving him the number one position in that category. His strength he had to hide, so he lifted a little less than the jocks. With the music blasting it was easy to get lost in the weight room. He occasionally got a compliment by both the girls and guys in the class, and he the polite thing and thanked them, wither it questioned their sexual orientation.

It wasn't long before the final bell rang and everyone rushed outside. Roark had to make atleast one stop before heading home. It was bothering him since lunch. All he needed to to was find Sonya and have a little "chat" with her. It wasn't hard to find her. She was one of the only ones to have a Porshe. He found it still parked. Quickly looking around he stood beside the driver door and went invisible waiting for Sonya to show.
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Cain »

I walked out of the school, saying bye to the few friends I have, then walked the short cut through the parking lot. I walked past a porshe, but caught scent of an animal nearby. I looked around, nothing. So I kept walking, blasting Lady Gaga through my headphones.
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
DWDruid
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Son of Fenrir
Mood: Indifferent

Post by DWDruid »

I walked out of the building, completely ignoring the sea of simples humans flowed past me. They might have places to be, but I sure didn't. I couldn't even stand my own family. Once this school year was over, I planned to leave forever. Maybe live in Africa or something. As I pasted the various cars, I saw a glint out of the corner of my eye. Looking over, I could just barely see a disterbance in the air near a shiny Porshe. Knowing that someone must have been cloaking themselves, I gathered my inner light to focus its power at my eyes. Taking another look with my now unveiled eyes, I couls see tiger therian crouching near the car. Looking at the licence plate proved my theory, espacially when I saw the bitchy owner of the car walking over to it. Not knowing why the tiger was doing (or why I even cared I quickly hidden behind another car and shifted to my shadow form. Fightning through the all too familiar dark urges and insticts I always felt with this power, I crawled along the ground to watch. Anyone who could even see me at this point would only see a regular shadow at this point anyways.
"Wolves, when you get down to it, are a lot like us.
They are powerful, aggressive, territorial, and predatory.
They are smart, curious, cooperative, loyal, and adaptable.
They exert a profound influence on the ecosytems they inhabit."
"Wolf Wars"
-National Geographic March 2010
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Nekka's ears perked and his nose twitched. He naturally kept aware of his surroundings and the school parking lot was a perfect place to hone these senses. Aside from the stagnated stench of humans he caught the sent of a few other therians. He rubbed his ear as someone walked past blasting Lady Gaga into their skulls. He grumbled to himself. "I remember when you actually had to be able to sing to be a music star..." He mumbled under his breath.

Something sparked inside him to cause him to shift into a semi-defense stance. His primal extra-sensory perception kicked in, but he didn't notice anything too out of the ordinary. He picked up his backpack and started to walk off. 'Must be someone up to no good' he thought to his self. He passed a glance back at the source of Lady Gaga. Almost freaking out, he picked up the pace. The last thing he needed today was to draw more of the school's undivided attention.