Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Silvermoon, Grayheart

Post Reply
User avatar
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Gender: Female

Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by JanuaryGray » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Simon stretched absently as he climbed out of the back of his father's truck. They were parked on a low rise separating a suburban neighborhood from a large park. It took Simon a moment, but he recognized the area for what it was, the edge of the Blakes' territory. From that long stretch of paint-by-number houses inward everything belonged to the Harrisons. Shoving his hands into his pockets, Simon waited while the others his father had brought climbed out of the car as well. Simon's younger brother, Caleb, practically bounced over to his side. Caleb's eyes were bright with excitement and he couldn't stand still to save his life, but that was just Caleb.

Finally, Warren Blake, Simon's father and their pack's alpha, climbed out of the truck and walked over to join his sons, ruffling Caleb's hair as he went. He didn't acknowledge Simon's presence, but he was used to that by now. He'd been back with the pack for almost two years now and his father still hadn't forgiven him for leaving in the first place. Simon just shook his head and wondered, not for the first time, why he hadn't just stayed in Atlanta where he'd gone to college. There had been a few packs around there that would have gladly accepted him, or there were few enough werewolves down in Georgia that he could have easily lived without a pack had he desired. Instead he'd come home to the outskirts of Seattle.

"Notice anything different, boys?" Warren said with a grin. Simon frowned, he hadn't seen his father this happy in a long time. It made him suspicious, but he did as his father had subtly commanded and searched the area carefully with his eyes. Nothing seemed to be out of order or different from the last time he'd been here. Well, nothing his father would care about anyway.

"The playground in the park has a new swingset," Simon answered, an edge of sarcasm in his voice. Warren smacked him in the back of the head. Not hard enough to actually hurt him, but hard enough to remind Simon that sarcasm was usually lost on his father.

"Use your nose, boy." Warren growled at his oldest son. Simon sighed and closed his eyes, drawing in a deep breath. All of the ordinary smells of the human world were there, as well as the more natural scents of the park. His own pack's scent markers on the border of their territory, and...

There were no scent markers on the other side of the rise acknowledging it as Harrison territory. Nothing at all. Simon looked over at his father, crooking an eyebrow in a silent question.

Warren grinned. "There's no sign of the Harrisons anywhere in the city! I had a few people do some preliminary scouting. Nothing, it's like they vanished off the face of the planet."

"But what happened?" Simon protested, "How could they just--"

"I don't really care," his father interrupted. "I just know that they're gone and Seattle's open territory now. Just think of it, we can finally expand, both the business and the pack." His smile faded a bit and he turned to look directly at Simon. "That's going to be your job, boy. I'm sending you and a few others into the city. I want you to claim and protect as much of the city as you can. If I know the Riellys they'll be trying the same thing, so we have to act fast."

"But--" Simon started, only to cut himself off. The look on his father's face was one he couldn't argue with. He sighed and slumped his shoulders. "Yes, sir," he said.

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:29 pm

In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

User avatar
Nightmane
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm
Custom Title: Well that depends good sir...
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Nightmane » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Erik kicked the kickstand of his harly, parking it before he headed to the gathering group of people. He quickly looked over the group of people. by there musky wild scents they were wolves, but more importantly, wolves given to him to help scout the now empty harrison territory. He looked at each of the 4 people of the group in turn, each one nodding as his glance passed over them. after the last one gave a silent nod, He gave a quick smile. He was finally going hunting again, after all these years in waiting. He shot a glance back at the group and they each went over to start there bikes, as he started his harly. He began the fast ride toward seattle and the now empty harrison territory, the others following behind him on there own bikes. wearing only a tanktop he felt the breeze against his face, and his chest, his long black hair flowed out behind him as he accelerated. The thrill of the hunt was flowing through his veins. He smiled and threw back his head and let out a deep rumbling howl flow from his vocal chords. so, the hunt begins.

(hope its ok???)
"for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche,

"I am Ragnar and I defy you!" -THE SPACE WOLF OMNIBUS

CLICK IT!!!http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Image

User avatar
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by JanuaryGray » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:36 pm

Simon gave Rhayne a puzzled look when she put her hand on his shoulder and quietly shrugged it off. He didn't need her sympathy, even if he was secretly glad for her help. He couldn't admit that though, especially not in front of his father, who would clearly see it as a weakness.

Rhayne was one of the biggest things he'd missed about the pack while he'd been away. They'd had such a close friendship for so long. It had almost killed him to leave so secretly like he had, not even telling Rhayne that he was leaving. And now that he was back he regretted the damage he'd done to their friendship, but at the same time he'd changed as a person, and he didn't know how to reconcile his new self with his former friend, so he'd made a habit of keeping Rhayne at arm's length lately. Apparently that was going to end now though, since she was apparently coming with him.

"Uh, sure, that's fine with me..." Simon replied distractedly to Rhayne's suggestion of where they start. His father frowned a bit at that, probably hoping Simon would have taken control of the situation and started handing out orders for their new mission. Honestly though, Rhayne's suggestion was exactly what he would have said himself, she'd just gotten there first and he saw no real reason or way to improve on it immediately.

"All right," Warren said with a slow nod. "The two of you go first. I might send you some backup a bit later. Call if you need it sooner." He tossed the keys to the truck to Rhayne. "You can take the truck to make things easier. The rest of us will shift and take a run back home." He gave them one last nod of parting and started to walk off with Caleb in tow. As he passed Simon though he stopped and put a hand on the young werewolf's shoulder, although his grip was much tighter than Rhayne's had been. "Don't let me down again," Warren growled in Simon's ear before heading off without another word.

Simon reached a hand up to rub his shoulder. There had been a plea in his father's voice, hope that Simon would somehow prove himself here, but also a threat as to the consequences if Simon failed somehow. He turned to Rhayne, "So, I guess there's nothing left to do but go into the city."

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Rhayne scowled again when Simon shrugged off her hand, but resisted the urge to give him an angered look that Warren would certainly see. She was disappointed by the fact that Simon acted this distractedly towards her - and also disappointed that even now, after Warren had given him the chance to prove his worth, to become again First in pack's leaders succession, Simon didn't took the chance wholeheartedly. But she fought down her feelings of anger till Warren and the others had left.

After the last tailtip had vanished into the night, she turned towards the truck and walked to it without a word to Simon. It took her all selfcontrol not to shout at him in this moment and thus she decided to give her temper some time to cool down. Only after she reached the truck, she was able to say something.

"Yeah, I guess, this will be the right thing to do, since your father wants to play Command and Conquer with you," she started silently, hiding the growl in her voice, "Simon says, Rhayne follows," she ended and looked at him, curious, what his next ideas would be while starting the truck and waiting for him to jump in.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

User avatar
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by JanuaryGray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 am

"Dammit," Simon muttered as Rhayne got back in the truck. He climbed up into the passenger's seat and waited for her to pull back onto the road before speaking again. "I don't want it to be 'Simon says, Rhayne follows,'" he told her. "That's ridiculous, I mean you were the one with the good idea of where to start," he pointed out. "Besides, much as he might like to think so, my father doesn't always know best."

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:03 am

"Doesn't matter, brainboy," she replied and gave him a short glance before concentrating on the road again,

"Your father's Alpha, thus he's right - you perfectly know that. Besides this, I'm just his niece, his sister's daughter. I'm supposed to follow you - this is what we are expected to do, to act like," she went on explaining, trying to provoke some action out of him. She was seriously annoyed by his passivity.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

User avatar
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by JanuaryGray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:07 pm

"Doesn't that ever bother you though?" Simon asked. This was the first time he'd actually had the courage to talk about how he felt about the pack since he'd returned. "The whole system is flawed if you ask me," he muttered, crossing his arms as he sat back against the seat. He turned his head to watch the suburbs outside slowly turn into tighter, more urban and industrialized neighborhoods.

If nothing else it was nice to see the city. He'd been here so few times in his life, despite living beside it. By their treaty with the Harrisons, members of the Blake pack had only been allowed to enter the city on matters associated with their moving business, or if special circumstances had been arranged beforehand, usually at great expense to the Blakes.

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm

"You ask me if it bothers me? You actually ask me?" she replied surprised and gave him another short glance,

"Well, you know, Simon, it's the only world I have," she went on, feeling coming up the urge to shout out all her red anger and black disappointment of the last years into Simon's direction. She tried to fight down it, but she couldn't do this any longer - not now, when both of them were supposed to seize a surprisingly and all too sudden open territory. Not now, when it was perfectly clear that the coming time would be very certainly full of battle and bloodshed.

"You know what, dear cousin," she growled, "Let me ask you a question: What do you think how the pack and especially your father reacted, when you had left so secretly? Whom did they ask where you'd gone? WHO?!" she almost snarled, pushing the gaspedal more down. "They ask me? Why - cause I've been supposed to know in their view. And who had to suffer that you went away in this four years? Well, me ... 'cause they see as as so closely related that your fault was mine too. Now tell me about flaws in the system."
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

User avatar
JanuaryGray
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by JanuaryGray » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Simon bit his lip, suddenly feeling very guilty. "I-I'm sorry, Rhayne. I never meant to hurt you in any way...or anyone else." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, debating how much he should tell her. He'd barely told anyone in the pack anything about his four years away. "I just had to..." He shook his head. He still couldn't do it. "Nevermind," he said, looking back out the window. He had a sudden desire to be alone, to get out of the cramped space of the car. They'd entered the actual city by now and had slowed down with traffic. "Pull over and let me out, Rhayne," he demanded. Fine, if she wanted him to give her orders he would. "I want to walk. I'll meet you down by Pike Street Market in about two hours."

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:13 pm

Rhayne stopped immediately - although she wasn't fond of the idea letting him walk alone through the city without someone to protect his back. But she knew she couldn't stop him anyways. She knew also that it would be better for both of them to cool down a bit.

"Alright," she said after stopping the truck, "Two hours, Pike Street Market. I'll go and get us some more nimble vehicles then - Truck is fine when you want to move things, but not when you want to sneak around foreign territory. See ya - and take care of you," she said and started the truck again, after Simon had left it.
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

User avatar
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 2595
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm
Custom Title: Wolfblood
Gender: Male
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Aki » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Lewis sighed, shaking his head a little at Erik's lack of subtly. His Kawasaki kept pace with the Harley Davidson easily, the sleek Japanese bike's high-pitched whine in stark contrast to the burly and utilitarian Harley's throaty roar. Lewis had a hard time understanding how anyone could want to put up with that racket, or how Erik could ride with nothing on his torso save a shirt. Lewis himself was in full getup, a black bodysuit and helmet covering him and protecting both him and the classier clothing he wore beneath. He had the rest of his stuff stowed away in a slim backpack - mostly just stuff like his .44 and a multitude of moon-clips for it so he could speed-load it.

Lewis hoped it didn't come down to that, though. He'd rather not spill blood over something so ...trivial as land. Of course, his views were as widely held in the rest of the pack, so he'd just have to do what he could.

"We go in deep!" he shouted to Erik over the sound of the engines. "Then work our way back out. We'll have more territory by the time we run into whomever the Blakes have sent to scout."

He didn't elaborate that he felt that going as deep in as possible would also help in figuring out what had happened. If they could find out where the Harrisons made their HQ it'd give them a lot of clues as to what had happened. Lewis didn't feel right about moving the pack in without knowing what had happened to the Harrisons - this could be a very elaborate trap, or something unspeakably sinister could be at work here. What it could be, he couldn't guess at - he had little knowledge of what stalked the night besides werewolves, but he knew that if creatures such as himself existed then some cosmic horror with a million eyes and twice as many rending mouths or something equally terrifying had a good chance of existing as well.
Image

User avatar
Nightmane
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm
Custom Title: Well that depends good sir...
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Nightmane » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Erik looked over his shoulder and nodded at lewis, Smiling as he turned back to the road. He knew lewis disapproved of his unsubtle actions. But he could not help it, It was in his nature to meet the problem head on, his wolf agreed with him, he could feel him wriggling just beneath the skin, anxious to be on the hunt again. He smiled as he felt his wolf impatience. It wont be long now, be patient, we shall be free soon.

He felt a wolfish grin crawl on his lips. He could see the lights of the city now. No it wont be long at all.
"for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche,

"I am Ragnar and I defy you!" -THE SPACE WOLF OMNIBUS

CLICK IT!!!http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Image

User avatar
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 2595
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm
Custom Title: Wolfblood
Gender: Male
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Aki » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Lewis felt his excitement and nervousness rising at the sight of the city's lights. There'd been hardly any chance to visit it before. He'd have to make sure that if they could take any territory - that it was safe - that the space needle was part of it. He wanted to visit it sometime, hopefully soon. The spire of steel and glance stuck out defiantly into the night sky, glittering with light - both artificial and the natural light of the stars and moon.

Lewis calmed himself though. There was work to do first, namely the business of figuring what had happened out. That was first and foremost in his mind - for it would ultimately determine how safe claiming territory would be. It would do no good for the pack to move in only to find it had been a trap, lose untold numbers of wolves and be unable to hold any territory.

"Here we go," he said, revving his engine and picking up speed.
Image

User avatar
Nightmane
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:37 pm
Custom Title: Well that depends good sir...
Gender: Male
Location: Florida

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Nightmane » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Erik looked at the city lights, Glowing brighter as they approached the city. He stared at the road, whatever lurked in the city they would be ready for it... His wolf spirit agreed with him,reveling in the feeling of the hunt.

He turned his head, and shouted over the roar of the engine, "Lewis, You want to take point?" Lewis was the most tactical in the group, and he wouldnt kill anyone unless it was entirely necessary.
"for if you stare long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss stares also into you."
— Friedrich Nietzsche,

"I am Ragnar and I defy you!" -THE SPACE WOLF OMNIBUS

CLICK IT!!!http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/66795671.html

Image

User avatar
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Posts: 2595
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm
Custom Title: Wolfblood
Gender: Male
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Aki » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Lewis grinned, his flawlessly white teeth in stark contrast the darkness of the night. "Sure thing," he said, before gunning the engine and zipping up to take point. He realized why he was asked to take point and appreciated that the other wolf had such a high opinion of him. Of course, his tactical mindset didn't do much good currently as there wasn't much tactic to riding into the city, but it did let him go as fast he damn well pleased - within legal limits, anyways.

Which meant of course that Lewis went as fast as the legal limits allowed as they entered the city proper, wanting to get this matter sorted quickly before the Blakes could do the same.
Image

User avatar
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:44 pm
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger
Location: Cologne, Germany

Re: Urban Wildlife: Action Thread

Post by Grayheart » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:37 am

Rhayne arrived at Pike Street Market ten minutes before the meeting time Simon had set for both of them. She smiled after looking at her watch and nodded.

"Hah, I'm good," she muttered to herself and scanned the surrounding for a place to park her bike that she had fetched from the Blake's home. She had disliked the truck-idea the moment Warren had tossed over the keys to her. Simon's two hour 'wanna-be-alone-time' had been the perfect chance for her to drive home and change verhicles. Now, sitting on her beloved Midnight Star she felt way more comfortable in this foreign territory. She felt more save, due to the fact that she would be better suited for a flight out of danger if things developed into the very bad side of things.

After she had parked the Midnight, she seemed to be observing the people going by - but the only thing she saw in front of her inner eye where the things that had happened when she'd arrived at the Blake's home. She grinned slightly - the face of Jakob, one of the werwolves that weren't related by blood to the pack, had been hilariously dumb. She'd said to him that she was there on order by Simon after he had asked why she was back this soon. This had been obviously enough explanation for Jakob - and it would be enough to keep the illusion that Simon did his job he had been given.

She gave her watch another short glance - five minutes left - and tried to get a track of Simon's scent in the air of Pike Street Market. Hopefully nothing bad had happened to him while she was away. She couldn't forgive herself if this would be the case. But she would wait till the set time...
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)

Post Reply