The New World--Game Thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Re: The New World--Game Thread

Post by blackwolfhell »

"Well, I could never shapeshift yet. I knew who I was. I've seen plenty of people bring in their animals and I could hear them, so I knew I was different."
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

@Rafael: “You should be fine unless you have managed to get yourself cursed. If that were the case you would already know. The vulnerability to silver is largely a myth, unless you start dealing with the Fey.”

“Never trust anyone whose head is level with your crotch.” After interjecting this bit of wisdom, Sebastian turns his attention back to the man he had been speaking with.

Doctor Lowell continues, “They are not bad people, but their beliefs do tend to be of the sort that most others do not agree with. Mostly they are misguided, taking the ramblings of prophets a little too literally, and then applying them to everything in sight. If anyone asks you if you are the son of the Water Lords, tell them no, as that would require you to be a female fishwife.” He shrugs, “I have no idea why people believe in that one, but it is one of the more popular cults.”

@Sasha: “I’m just an ordinary human, though I do dabble in some witchcraft every now and again. What you turn into isn't as important as how you deal with it, and in the scheme of things it doesn't really make all that much of a difference.”

@Samuel: “Exposition is nice and all, but you’ve gone and confused me. Congratulations.”

@You all:
Taking his cue from Sasha, the doctor speaks up.
“Perhaps we should move to someplace a little more comfortable?”
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Post by blackwolfhell »

Samuel shrugged. This was turning into a interesting place. Witchcraft, werewolves, weredogs. "Are there any vampires in the world?" Sam asked
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Rafael nodded, taking in the information slowly. "Well, that's all good news to me, then," he said, managing a smile. "I ain't cursed to attack folks under the full moon, I can keep my silverware, and I only have to deal with weirdos who hold slightly weirder beliefs than the average bum or street-preacher."

"I don't why not," he adds, in response to the question of moving somewhere "more comfortable."
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

Thomas sighed. "Yes, I would rather go someplace..safer. Just please promise me that I wont get mauled by that...thing."

"Also, get make sure hairy dwarf thing does not come back!"
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

"Witchcraft, eh? Like the things Catriona could do? Or like this business women - I think, Sarah Rose-Donnel was her name?" Sasha was intrigued by all the new information she'd gotten so far. She wanted to ask more and more questions - but she was also relieved that the Doc made this suggestion. She was really hungry now.

"Yeah, a more comfortable place with food would be highly appreciated by me," she spoke up and then turned to Karen again.

"And yes - it's more important to learn how to deal the shift than the exact outcome. But are there ways how to learn, when the time has come to learn? I mean - how can I know when this time will have come? Are there signs?"
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

((Greetings all. Just so you all know, Jax is not in the same place you guys are--as I'm not exactly sure where that is-- so I am starting him off at his job....))

"But why, doc?" One of Jax's rather-needy patients had said. "Why do I have to go?"

Jax just looked at him with his strange bemused smile. "I know, Mr. Greenwood." he said. "Time sure does fly, but sadly, your time's up."

The man named Mr. Greenwood stood up slowly; defeated. "Fine..." he muttered on his way out the door.

Jax quickly walked out of the room and walked toward the secretary to check out.

"Miranda, I'm gonna go get some lunch, do want anything?" he said, trying to sound sincere.

"No thanks, Doc. Though I do seem to remember it being my job to get your lunch once upon a time." Miranda said; obviously sarcastic.

"Funny," he said simply, never changing the shape of his smile. "I need the fresh air anyway."

Miranda had been prepared to give some witty remark on how "fresh" the air was in New York, but Jax was gone before the first word had been uttered.

Humans, he thought; just as amused as what was shown on his face inside. Such interesting creatures.

((At the moment, Jax knows nothing about you guys just as you guys didn't know eachother when you started out. Try to keep that in mind please ^_^))
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

@Thomas:
Sebastian grins savagely,
“That hairy dwarf thing is still here, boyo. I’m touched that you hold me in such high regard.” He stand as tall as his short frame allows and marches from the room, singing a strange Celtic song about Donald’s trousers.

Sasha:
Karen answers you, “That and much, much more. Anything you can imagine, though some things are harder to do than others. I can try to explain it a little better later if you want.”

@You all:
With the group consensus being favorable Doctor Lowell begins to lead the way out of the room.
“I know a restaurant nearby. Some of the best meals you will have likely ever eaten. It makes sense, seeing as how the head chef is an elf.”
He leads the way out and onto the street. It is undeniably still New York, but none of you can recall ever seeing this particular area before. The street itself is rather narrow, nearly to the point of being an alleyway. Clearly it was not made with vehicles in mind, as you doubt many would even be able to fit without riding up onto one of the narrow sidewalks. At the end of the street is a grey brick building, with a single small balcony above the ornate wooden blue door. A sign declares the building as “Myriad Mysteries’.

The interior is perhaps even odder. As soon as you enter you are confronted by a grizzly old man sitting behind a counter with an antique flintlock rifle resting on the countertop and pointing in your general direction. You are clearly not what he was expecting, since he sighs, nods to the doctor, and waves dismissively.
To the left of the door is a wall with countless notices and advertisements, some printed on gilded paper, others scrawled on napkins, and one or two scrolls. The most numerous ones are advertisements for services, such as pest removal, though there are some Wanted posters featuring a multitude of mugshots and sketches and other pictures. One of the Wanted posters is for Captain Crunch, and has the front of a cereal box attached to it for a picture. There must be several hundred different papers attached to the wall, layered over one another as they are.

Further in there are a multitude of tables and various chairs, benches, and stools, most of which are unoccupied. Four men and two women are sitting at the bar, one of which shouts a drunken incoherent greeting when he sees you all. He waves and the movement slides him off the stool and he staggers to his feet looking nonchalant.

In the far corner is a small area separated from the other tables by two walls and containing two tables. It is to there that the doctor leads you, and he takes a seat. Nearly immediately a waitress arrives with menus.

Layout here. Yay for building design.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

After answering to Karen that she really liked to get to know more about magic, she followed the Doc swiftly and looked around curiously. She knew she should be sceptical about all the things she had been told and seen so far, because during her education and upbringing things like shapeshifters and magic had always been denied to exists. But she had always been a person who valued experience more than mere logic.

"Quite interesting place," she said and sat down, choosing a place with her back to the wall that would enable her to have everyone and everything in sight. She had never liked to sit with her back to an open room.

"Well, then let's see if this place's food can fulfill your promising statements about it's head chef's cooking skills." After saying this, Sasha grabs one of the menues, looking through it while still talking "Although the fact alone that this person is supposed to be an elf should be exciting enough, shouldn't it? Some special things I should try?"

Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

"So, where are we?" Rafael asked, sliding into his seat. "I mean, I recognize that the restaurant is called Myriad Mysteries, but I know that I've never seen that street before, and it's far too small to be a modern one."

He grinned a bit, recalling the wanted poster board. "And what was up with the wanted posters. Does Cap'n Crunch actually exist? Do we get to meet Count Chocula too?"
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Sasha chuckled

"I wouldn't be surprised anymore, I guess. And indeed, this is a rather unusual place to be found in New York - although I'm quite used to surprises by now," she murmered and continued her study of the menu card.