Protein sources!

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: A men who is pure of heart...

Protein sources!

Post by wolfwand »

I suppose werewolves need a lot of that! Well I'm struggling to fit it on my diet... And was wondering if anyone has some kind of advice :)
I would have love to post a recipe, but all I know to do is pretty simple :(
I'm vegetarian also... Someone hand me a paper bag to hide in :roll:
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Protein sources!

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Hmmm... protein without any animal products is a little tough. I believe beans do the trick, though. So just eat chips and bean-dip and you'll have a healthy diet.
:D
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

Yeah most beans and also nuts have some protein in them. Don't know much about soya but you could check that out too. I think various seaweeds are another one. Being a bodybuilding fan I used to know a fair few (darn my health issues screwing with my poor brain), you could try bodybuilding.com , I know they have plenty of articles about bodybuilding on a diet based around non-animal product. If anybody knows how to do it then they will.

For the less strict diets there's milk, or eggs. Eggs actually are awesome if your diet permits it, IIRC about 88% of egg (white) protein gets metabolized, at least I understand it has a higher rate of protein absorption compared to meat and fish.

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
wolfwand
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: A men who is pure of heart...

Post by wolfwand »

Thanks for the advice guys! :)
I have eat a bit of tofu... Is different to what I thought :lol:
I eat eggs, butter and milk, I couldn't just not eat cake!
Tried to eat meat again a few years ago... But I throw up and was feeling bad like for 2 days :(
Will check that forum you mention! I was going to buy a protein shake there, but that was when I started having financial issues... So everything stop.
I love seaweed and sushi! I make sushi and miso sometimes! Since I see it on a visual novel I was playing... I wanted to try it... I'm like a 15 year old wanting cereal for the character on the box :P
I have never try bean dip... Will look for a fancy recipe and then try it! Thanks!