Chocolate Chip cookies with a Peanut Butter kick

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
Chance
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: There is joy in everything you do, you just have to realize it's there so you can embrace it.
Mood: Happy

Chocolate Chip cookies with a Peanut Butter kick

Post by Chance »

The bones of this recipe are not mine, you can get it off any pack of butter flavor Crisco. I don't tend to buy sweets except icecream so I'm always baking something to fill my sweet tooth.

3/4 cup Butter flavor crisco
1 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi sweet choc chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream your butter and get all your wet ingredients together including sugar, in a seperate bowl get all your dry ingredients together, once this is done, add your flour mixture to batter in three parts. This just makes for easy mixing. Once those are together add you chips and nuts. Bake 8-10 mins

Additions/ modifications
* I use half butter and half butter flavor crisco
* I use dark brown sugar ( if you're going to use dark brown sugar pay extra attention to your cookies, the darker the cookie the easier it is to overbake) as you can see even someone who bakes everyday can overbake cookies.lol
* Added half cup creamy peanut butter
* Added 2 tablespoons Ovaltine
* Don't have vanilla extract- use whatever liqueur you may have on hand. I always have amaretto on hand because of christmas eggnog.

Note: Overbaked cookies are great in coffee or tea as they are perfect for dipping, or crush them up and put them on some icecream :howl:  :oo
Attachments
IMG_20210611_042948361.jpg