Favourite Restaurants

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Favourite Restaurants

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

outback steak house
cheese cake factory
keegans irish pub
p.f. changs.
redstar tavern
red robin. :D
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

My all time fav is my grandmas house but when shes not cooking I like
TGI Fridays
La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
Hall's Seafood
McGuire's Irish Pub
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I have a few places you won't find outside the Trinity Royal district of Saint John
Saint John Ale House: Great kettle chips and voted the best burgers in town
Church Street steakhouse/Churchills Pub: Another great place for burgers, If you like the pub scene
East Side Marios (Chain): Italian american delight located in the main shopping district on the East side (talk about Ironic placement)
Boston Pizza (Chain): Best damn Chocolate Eruption in town lck
A&W: By far the best burger of any fast food joint available to me with the added bonus of the greatest Root Beer anywhere
Vitos (local Chain): If you love Calamari than this mediterranean resturant is the place (note: I do not like calamari but I love their Pizza)
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Gladstones in L.A. ( Good fish )
The FISHERY in San Diego ( AMAZING FISH! )
any "hole in the wall" Mexican joint i can find. They're ALWAYS good
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Ooh, in Houston it's El Tiempo. It's one of those places that's very hard to find if you don't already know where it is- off the beaten path. They serve real Mexican food, and they make their tortillas from scratch. Those tortillas are so good that lots of people just get an appetizer and a bunch of tortillas. :D

I believe it was on Seattle, but La Cieba is phenomenal. It's a restaraunt owned by a Greek guy and the food is an amazing blend of Mexican and Mediterranean flavors with an emphasis on seafood. They have a giant seafood burrito that is an entire meal in itself. *drolls*
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

The kitty likes her seafood J/K :lol:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Hey, this Wolf likes seafood too :) lck

Matt, I've been to Gladstone's too. Indeed, great seafood and wonderful views of the very edgey-edge of the continent.

If you're ever up in Oregon, pass up Red Lobster and go to McGrath's. Eminently better seafood, and no mistake. If you go to Washington State, definitely stop in at Ivar's Clam Chowder for lunch or dinner. Hands down, the best clam chowder and I've tasted clam chowder across the country.
Last edited by vrikasatma on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

this wolf grew up in a region where seafood has been an economic mainstay for hundreds of years, but hates fish odly, tough I could try maple-smoked salmon
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Oooh, I saw alder-smoked wild salmon in the Winco deli last night. Didn't have the money then but I do today...arrgh...ice, hurry up and melt so I can go out and do the grocery run!!
ImageImageImageImage
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

While we were in the Houston area, Cathey and I liked Empire Cafe. They're on Westheimer in the artistic antique dealership district, fairly close to where The Magic Cauldron used to be. They're an artistic type place with independent coffeehouse atmosphere but full-fledged meals. I recommend the eggplant parmigiana, but they've also got stuff with meat, for those of you who have to have it. They also have great desserts. The decor does include some prominently displayed 19th century pin-up girls, but it's done in a manner that suggests female empowerment rather than exploitation.

In the DFW area, there's my old favorite coffee place, Four Star Coffee Bar. They're next to the UNT Health Science Center, my old medical school, putting it also right next to the museum district in Fort Worth.

Right now in Rockwall there's Gloria's, in the Harbor district. They're an upscale Mexican restaurant that's remarkably affordable for the kind of place it is. There's a Ruby Tuesday's next door and several other places going in, as well as a movie theater and a Cold Stone Creamery. Plus, there's a gift shop nearby, whose vendor used to be in the Dallas Galleria. All this is off Interstate 30 just as you come off Lake Ray Hubbard into Rockwall--it'll be on the right, and it'll be a beautiful complex with a grand water fountain and several smaller ones and a collection of MMediterranean-styled buildings including one with a brass dome. In a year, there will be a Hilton resort there, too.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Hmm...in order

JC's Barbeque- Quite an interesting little ribs sticking, weight gaining ( :lol: ), barebeque sauc-y, resturaunt.
Margie's- Not exactly gourmet and it's a way's away from where I live, but it tastes excellent...
Effie's- Yep the local coffee shop. Excellent breakfast...

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

on the north side of houston i would say pappasitos(until it came down with hepatitis C),bennigan's(until it went ball park american), and my old fav. Victers deli house on 1960. but thats about this.
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Hmmm, favorite restraunts I have been to?

Well, I cant remember the name of it, but it was a steak resturaunt in New York city that had a special where it was all you can drink red and white wine and chamgane along with a steak or seafood dinner and a desert. That was a fun night. My family went to town on that resturaunt. I think we had about 13 bottles of champagne, 3 of white wine and 6 of Red wine between the 10 of us that were dinking. :lol:

In Dallas, I like to visit The Mecca, on Harry Hines, it has a breakfast that simply cant be beat.

For a nice Hamburger, I go to Balls Hamburgers, a sports themed resturant with nice thick burgers, just the way I like them. Then there is Wang's for Chinese food; you cant find better Sesame Chicken around.

For Mexican food, Marianos fajitas simply cant be beat. And for steak, my family goes to the Dallas Petroleum Club. (You just have to dress up nice for it :P )

Finnaly for pizza, nothing beats Pizza by Marco. It is not as good as it used to be, but the pizza is still phenominal and it is only a few blocks from AB's house. :wink:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

my fave restaurants? hmmm....

well, here in my small hometown in SE idaho, we gots this place called Johnny B. Goode's. they have the most amazing milkshakes and tater tots. plus, their chicken and burgers are great, too. OH! and, it's a 1950s themed place. it's awesome.

then we have this Mexican place called Taquiera La Costa. it's basically jus a bus where the peeps who own it jus chill and make the most delicious tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tortillas and who knows what else from scratch. it's some of the most wondrous Mexican food ever.

OH! other than mebbe this awesome place i went to in southern cali with my grumpa called El Tepeyac Cafe. that place was great!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Asian resturaunts, and places with good salads and classy chips and cannelloni. -drools- and booze too. -drools- Ooooohhh I love eating out!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

Macaroni Grill
Cuca's (SoCal resteraunt)
Del Taco (I'm a BIG Del Taco fan)
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

We just had a real good BBQ joint open up here, it's called Howling Coyote BBQ. They're an authentic Texas-style BBQ and having had that, and tasted Howling Coyote's offerings, I can vouch. You can smell their pit a block away.

Better yet, they have a drive-through. Just scoot through, throw $15 at 'em and drive away with two meals' worth of grub. Their St. Louis style ribs straight up rock.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

If you leave by or close to Ojai...

there is this really great place that my aunt owns called Boddes....or Boodes???? something like that

its a little expensive but well worth it for the great food!
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Were Dono »

Hmm Hmm.

Well, I can say I've only been to IHop once
(More like INeedAWheelChair...Haha)
But, I really liked it.

Also, there's Little Tokyo.
A Sushi bar.
Sushi = Crack.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Cheddars, Johnny Carino's, CiCi's Pizza, and Golden Corral are among my faves. For the expensive tastes in me, I might go to Texas De Brazil in downtown Ft. Worth, or find a place that serves fresh lobster and shrimp.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

There's a great seafood house just down the road from me, McGrath's. Killer cheesecake and chowder. I can never get out of there for less than $30, though :(
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

The stuff of life...

Post by RedEye »

Over the hump ( I can't call it a hill and keep a straight face) in the town of Burbank, there's a place called Chili John's.
They serve chili. Only Chili. Beans are extra, as is a Tamale, spaghetti or a burger (Chili Size).

They make teh stuff in back, by the five gallon pot's worth. It's good. It's greasy. It's heaven. Onions and Oyster crackers are free...but you want anything else, you pay. They're Purists, when it comes to chili.

If you're traveling, you can ship their Chili anywhere. I go there easily three times a month, sometimes more; and I'm trained to cook fancy stuff, and I do! But there's something about the place...the line at the door every noon they're open, the wait for a seat at the counter (no booths, just a horseshoe counter) then the Chili! Addicting. That's the only word.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...