Beverages?

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
Shilo
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: The Strange

Post by Shilo »

MMmmm drinks
Well - nothing beats plain water when I'm actually thirsty (and when that's the case, water is the only thing I'll drink)
But when it's just to relax...

I love coffee, but not just any coffee drink - a little sucker called a "double shot in the dark", or if you go to Starbucks - the "Black eye" (Coffee spiked w/ two shots espresso (I get the medium)). I mainly drink this when I am either bored, or need to relax before I scratch some one a brand new face, or upload them something I know I shall regret later (like my shoe)

Green or white tea - not flower, not fruity - just well made and never ever ever bottled or Bigelow (They make horrible green tea- I shudder to think of what weird chemicals they put in it)
Doubly so if you come with a nice cup of well brewed "Silver Needle" - yes I know, I have expensive taste.

Soy milk - Eden soy, just because (it's yummy)

Eden Soy (fortified) Milk and Living Harvest Vanilla Hemp milk (Yes, the brand matters, just like in soy milk, hemp milk and all milk substitutes - the brand determines how it is made, which determines quality). I drink these partially b/c I like them, and partially b/c I need to for nutrients in them.

That's it - really - other then that, not much I drink...
Do not fear the things that go bump in the night, they probably only came to raid your 'fridge ^_^
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

When we're out I usually order Raspberry Iced Tea. Or Root Beer.

At Starbucks, I usally get an Iced Green Tea, and Iced Chai Tea or a White Hot Chocolate.

But at home I love Apple Juice/Cider or 1% Milk. Yummm...especially the organic stuff from Whole Foods. I cant buy milk from anywhere else now...Whole foods spoiled me!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I love white hot chocolate too. I'm careful to say it that way because sometimes the barista hears "white mocha" if you say "white cocoa." Mocha is good but sometimes I don't need the buzz.

I get organic milk by preference. Horizon's a little spendy at $3.69 a half gallon, so I usually watch my local Fred Meyers for when they offer their Naturally Preferred half-gallons at $2.99. I used to take a whole case of the Horizon chocolate milk steri-paks out to Burning Man with me; Costco has 'em and it's a treat to give them to someone who very reluctantly gave up milk for their week on the Playa, not knowing that Horizon comes in shelf-stable steri-paks. And even though they're expensive, Horizon milk is sooooooo good lck :D
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Cerry vanilla icecream with wild cherry pepsi is one of my favorties, but i usually drink what every's around the house... Water, tea {instant usually}, lemonade, whatever... Usually pop though...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Real Lemonade, not the canned stuff and not out of the freezer, either.

You first juice the lemons and strain out the seeds. Then you zest the lemons (remove the yellow part of the skins only: the white under- skin is bitter. Soak the zest with the lemon oil and citrus flavoring that's in it in hot water for about half an hour: it's ready when it's cool.
Then strain the lemon elixer from the skins, add the juice, add water so it's just cloudy...then carefully add in sugar, not corn sweetner, until it's just this side of too tart.
Serve over ice. Better than beer on a hot day (and you're underage). The reason for the tartness is so you don't have a sugar burn in your throat (as in you're still thirsty after a quart of whatever you drink). That's what happens with sodas, sugar burn. You drink a glass of water to get the sweet out of your mouth. Since lemons are "in" right now, it's cheap to make and a pleasure to drink. lck
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...