Vegetarians

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes
13%
No
85%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
3%

Total votes: 40

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Vegetarians

Post by Set »

I'm just curious as to how many vegetarians we have here.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Nope, not me. I can't live without my meat :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i eat veggies but i prefer Meat thanks :wink: :evil: :lol:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Heh my post here vanished too!

All it said was yes I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons and that it's funny because I'm a wolf therianthrope.

So many of our posts all gone :(
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I'm not a vegetarian, don't have any problem with people who are, though.

Kirk... I think there was some sort of problem with the forum yesterday and they had to revert to their most recent backup which would have been Friday evening, my time... probably Friday afternoon, yours... and everything posted between them and Sunday morning is (unfortunately) lost. It's a nuisance to me as well, I got into a couple of really interesting discussions, but it seems one of those things that can't be helped. Annoying though.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

nah way am i vegetarian, yo. i mean, i totally respect peeps what is vegetarian. i'm jus not able to do it, knamean? i have enough trouble being Catholic on Fridays during Lent! how expect me to not eat meat at all?!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Vege wah? haha nah I am a meat eater!! I love meh meat!! If I don't have some meat intake daily I lose myself!! It happened one time, we had no meat in the house at all an I started freakin out literally!! I started having all these muscles spasms an it felt like I got punched in the gut!! This really happened!! One I did get some I felt like new :wagtail: :Jester3:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm glad to see some others.

I'm not actually technically vegitarian. I just am effectively so, because the meat I'll eat is not generally available in restaurants or most social venues. Whole Foods sells meat raised on independent farms that are held to strict standards regarding how the animals are treated.

As paradoxic as it might seem at first, vegitarianism and therianthropy, even carnivorous phenotypical therianthropy, makes sense. You're more likely to take animal welfare seriously when you think of yourself as one. (Humans are animals as well, but most people routinely seperate our species from the rest of the animal kingdom.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'm glad to see some others.

I'm not actually technically vegitarian. I just am effectively so, because the meat I'll eat is not generally available in restaurants or most social venues. Whole Foods sells meat raised on independent farms that are held to strict standards regarding how the animals are treated.

As paradoxic as it might seem at first, vegitarianism and therianthropy, even carnivorous phenotypical therianthropy, makes sense. You're more likely to take animal welfare seriously when you think of yourself as one. (Humans are animals as well, but most people routinely seperate our species from the rest of the animal kingdom.)
Guess so Scott, that makes sense :D And I am partial to fish if I myself or my family have killd it humanely. Generally I can't stand killing anything though. I am occasionally pure vegetarian, occasionally a partial pesceterian (they eat all seafood I think, but I only eat fish I or my family have caught, and that is once in a blue moon) under strict guidelines also. I didn't know you could get farms like that though, what you described above!!

Yeah I just hear a lot of therianthropes who are carnivore souls claim to crave meat more than the average human. Most humans crave meat anyway. This is a part of therianthropy I don't believe in...that it makes you a carnivorous human, just because you have a carnivore animal soul. (But, since it is pseudoscience, this is merely my opinion, and therefore nobody has to agree).

I always liked the idea of a vegetarian werewolf...but someone else already bloody got my idea!! Independently of course, but I was growling. It was a published book. Might have been Bitten, I can't remember.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I am not a militant vegitarian; there's plenty of other causes that also need support. And I also acknowledge a need to live in the world. One cannot-not be a burden to something somewhere. But, animal rights is my preferred platform, and I consider it one of the more under-addressed issues, when I consider proportionate degree of atrocities committed versus what is taken for granted. Once one considers that other animals are conscious beings with the same capabilities for emotion as our own kind, it is not hard with a little reading and education to be horrified at what our civilization does every day without a second thought.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Scott Gardener wrote:I am not a militant vegitarian; there's plenty of other causes that also need support. And I also acknowledge a need to live in the world. One cannot-not be a burden to something somewhere. But, animal rights is my preferred platform, and I consider it one of the more under-addressed issues, when I consider proportionate degree of atrocities committed versus what is taken for granted. Once one considers that other animals are conscious beings with the same capabilities for emotion as our own kind, it is not hard with a little reading and education to be horrified at what our civilization does every day without a second thought.
Agreed :D .

The Body Shop just sold out to Loreal :cry: and they now test on animals and probably are no longer organic. Im sending these postcards on over to protest, from an animal organisation.

Might sound wussy, but Im very behind the scenes with my charity work. Im a vegetarian for a start. I don't go to rallies, Im afraid of speaking out, Im afraid of debating. But I definately get stuff done behind the scenes!! Without seeming too full on or rude to people. Occasionally Ill explain to people if they ask, why. But in a friendly tone.

And nope. Eating fruit is almost as bad. How many animals and plants and fungi were killed for agriculture? We can't do everything. Something small is better than nothing. ;)

I think everyone here has a soft spot for wolf and wildlife charities. It's a very, very good thing to know that a board can donate so much and send many petitions off and get something done.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I just can't turn down a big mouth-watering cheeseburger, or a stake with A1 sauce. Mmmmm. :panting: Or how about roast duck? :tongue:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:I just can't turn down a big mouth-watering cheeseburger, or a stake with A1 sauce. Mmmmm. :panting: Or how about roast duck? :tongue:
OHHH how true that statement is lck :evil:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

And I wonder why I'm accused of being a vampire...

Post by Set »

Who needs sauce when it's dripping in blood? lck

I'm a carnivore, very much so. I don't think I could live off of vegetables. I need some sort of meat or else I go ballistic. If you think I'm bitchy now, try being in the same room with me when I haven't eaten in a while and get a craving for blood. It's not pretty.
White Paw

Re: And I wonder why I'm accused of being a vampire...

Post by White Paw »

Set wrote:Who needs sauce when it's dripping in blood? lck

I'm a carnivore, very much so. I don't think I could live off of vegetables. I need some sort of meat or else I go ballistic. If you think I'm bitchy now, try being in the same room with me when I haven't eaten in a while and get a craving for blood. It's not pretty.
Person after my own heart.. lck :D :lol: :evil:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

HERE HERE! I gotta have meat! I feel like my meal is incomplete without it lck :meat:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

i went without meat last march as a dare to myself(i do these dares often) and it was sorta easy but i won't go vegetarian or even vegan :shudder: meat please :meat:
and i do have vegettarian freinds who are dating meat eaters( i love bringing deer meat to school it makes them scream in disgust :lol: {im not that mean but i did do it once})
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

OHHH! A fitting picture...

Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

wolfsangel wrote:i went without meat last march as a dare to myself(i do these dares often) and it was sorta easy but i won't go vegetarian or even vegan :shudder: meat please :meat:
and i do have vegettarian freinds who are dating meat eaters( i love bringing deer meat to school it makes them scream in disgust :lol: {im not that mean but i did do it once})
Not all of us are immature enough to squeal like a pig when someone shoves meat in our faces. Luckily I am a very tolerant vegetarian. Then again, I'm not in highschool. Not all of you are immature, but the majority of highschool kids I meet are hideous. I didn't have a good time in school. Not always, just some of the time.

---------------
OHHH! A fitting picture...

:lol: :lol: Even though it's probably dissing vegetarians, I still find that very funny. Besides, when I wasnt a vegetarian, all I heard was (yes, this was in highschool too) some stupid girl complain everytime she saw meat. I find it extremely annoying to hear people with a certain diet (Whether vegetarian, vegan, meat eater/omnivore, or an allergy) whinge and complain and degrade others with a different life style.

Each to his or her own. And frankly, the girl deserved the biggest slap, but Im not a violent person. I'd have laughed if she'd been told where to go, though. She insulted my mother's cooking. How dare she??
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I thought the comic was pretty funny myself.

Vegitarians often times early on go through an aggressive phase, but we get past it. We learn that vegitarianism looks better when we just quietly act civilized and let the militant, condescending opponents make obnoxious fools of themselves. By this, I don't mean collectively everyone else; vegitarianism isn't about "us against them." (Indeed, the whole point of it is to advocate getting OUT of that philosophy.) Rather, I'm referring specifically to those individuals who adamantly insist that I should eat meat, too.

One trend that I'm noticing in popular culture in general is what I'm starting to call the macho-homophobia complex. That is, there's a convention among men here in the United States--I don't know how bad it is for those of you overseas or elsewhere--that pressures men to go out of their way not to appear gay. It's not even necessarily about sexual preference per se, but about putting forth an appearance. One is pressured to look and act a certain way, lest one appear to be gay. Advertisers capitalize on this a lot. I bring it up here, because I see a lot of advertisements making fun of men who eat healthy; commercials that push for foods loaded with meat, insisting I "eat like a man," as if eating a salad somehow affected my gender biology, or implying that eating healthy is effeminate, and further implying that being effeminate is wrong. Women, who make up half the human population, should be bothered by the idea of being effeminate being wrong, by the way. But, they're certainly not left out by the advertisers; they get bombarded constantly with ads about how few calories their foods should have, thus ultimately defeating the entire biological purpose of eating in the first place.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

That's true I guess for some vegetarians, but I never really did. I certainly felt annoyed at people who insulted me though. I get insulted all the time and I just shrug and say it is my choice not yours. People have upset me quite a lot, made me feel kind of tearful at times with their cruelty but in the end I am doing what I feel is right for me. When I first stopped eating meat, I just shrugged jokes off. Now, I can sense which ones are cruel and which are just friendly teasing. I still ignore them, but I feel quite angry, or upset and just want to leave the room.

I agree about the male vegetarian/health thing. I knew a guy who told me that some of his mates locked a male vegetarian (He wasn't gay either, not that that should have ever been an issue) in a cupboard and sprayed deodorant under the door to suffocate him and they laughed at him. Just because he was a male who cared for nature. That's despicable!! They feel that in order to appear manly, they must single out those who do not conform to the manly rules you stated above.

And it's rampant here. Absolutely rampant. On television, 'A Current Despair' as we call the show here, (instead of A Current Affair), and on another few shows, it is 'Lose weight today" "Doctors find a new way to lose weight" "Is this healthy for you" "What is in YOUR food?" "How much are you REALLY getting for your money in supermarkets?" "Why you are being lied to about trans-fatty acids" "Why drinking from your water bottle could kill you!" "We bring you a report on obese children" "No more candy rewards for children. Give them toothbrushes for giving a good assignment, says the parental committee" ... the list continues!!

The worst is the children I think. They are becoming nazi's with this... dare I sound horrible with my pun ... 'childish' scheme to rid canteens and schools of junk food. Yes, sell some healthy stuff. No, don't continuously give kids unhealthy rewards. But, no, don't substitute a tiny freddo frog for a toothbrush! Going too far. There are plenty of alternatives.

Phew this should be in the rant section. Getting tired of it. I don't bother with the news or the newspaper much anymore, I skip almost everything. They had crap about a football player for pages and weeks...who the hell cares if Ben {censored} Cousins is on drugs?!?!

Scott Gardener wrote:I thought the comic was pretty funny myself.

Vegitarians often times early on go through an aggressive phase, but we get past it. We learn that vegitarianism looks better when we just quietly act civilized and let the militant, condescending opponents make obnoxious fools of themselves. By this, I don't mean collectively everyone else; vegitarianism isn't about "us against them." (Indeed, the whole point of it is to advocate getting OUT of that philosophy.) Rather, I'm referring specifically to those individuals who adamantly insist that I should eat meat, too.

One trend that I'm noticing in popular culture in general is what I'm starting to call the macho-homophobia complex. That is, there's a convention among men here in the United States--I don't know how bad it is for those of you overseas or elsewhere--that pressures men to go out of their way not to appear gay. It's not even necessarily about sexual preference per se, but about putting forth an appearance. One is pressured to look and act a certain way, lest one appear to be gay. Advertisers capitalize on this a lot. I bring it up here, because I see a lot of advertisements making fun of men who eat healthy; commercials that push for foods loaded with meat, insisting I "eat like a man," as if eating a salad somehow affected my gender biology, or implying that eating healthy is effeminate, and further implying that being effeminate is wrong. Women, who make up half the human population, should be bothered by the idea of being effeminate being wrong, by the way. But, they're certainly not left out by the advertisers; they get bombarded constantly with ads about how few calories their foods should have, thus ultimately defeating the entire biological purpose of eating in the first place.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'm not a vegetarian, but I do like certain brands of Vegeburgers, as well as any number of meatless dishes as the main course.

Of course, I do balance that by eating raw beef, warmed till the blood flows... lck
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Food is food; I don't give it names or faces or feelings or really much more than a fork and fondling before it hits the one-way track towards the water works.

No vegetarianism or vegan here.
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

I'm a vegan i have never eaten meat for religious reasons......
but it's funny when my friend try to convert me or make me eat meat :lol:
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves