NASTY!!! (Discusting, but enjoyable food.)

Cooking recipes, and various other food related stuffs. Hey, a wolf's gotta eat.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

NASTY!!! (Discusting, but enjoyable food.)

Post by Anubis »

What is the most disgusting thing you ate and liked?

Me, i liked fried crickets. They kinda tasted nutty. lck
Last edited by Anubis on Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Either squid or sushi. Not sure which grossed me out the most before eating it.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

thast kinda hard for me considering all the semi exotic foods around here that ive had... i never found them disgusting and i loved them so i really dont know :)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

red meat and brussel sprouts plus a lot more...some things make me want throw up if I think about it! Odd huh.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

One thing that does stand out off the top of my head, ive had and did not like, was actually by Sam Adams Beer co. (this was back when i did drink a little) It was off there seasonal line of beers, I think it came in there holiday pack or winter sampler pack, Called there Cranberry Limerick. That was some of the most God Awefull tasting beer ive ever poured into this muzzle.. i swear the taste litterally made me gag. :)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I think yall are missing the point of this thread. What is something nasty you ate and LIKED. :P
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Kaebora wrote:I think yall are missing the point of this thread. What is something nasty you ate and LIKED. :P
no... i havent missed the point of this thread.... everything ive eaten that others would find gross, i did not :)

Cavier (sp)
Quail Eggs(raw)
Sea Urchin
Squid
squirrell
Sheep Testicles (*waits for the gay jokes to ammount* :P )

etc>.... :)
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

you've ate squirrel, white paw? that's rock n roll!

i dunno if i really have an answer to this thread's question. i don't really find many things "nasty," knamean? an dif i do, i won't eat it. i guess other peeps have found the stuffs i ate nasty, but i never really did. i mean, using Ovaltine as a cake decoration is wonderful, but you'd be surprised at how many peeps are like, "you put CHOCOLATE on a cake?! you're crazy!!"
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm none too sure either - I like eating meat - very (almost) raw meat. Aaaand Sashimi, lots of it. As much of a daredevil as I am to those kinds of foods - I'd have to say that the worst-tasting thing I've ever had the chance to put in my mouth was... (dramatic pause)... pineapple.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

One of the grossest things I've ever tasted was roast goose. It tastes as bad as muttonbirds smell.
Kaebora wrote:I think yall are missing the point of this thread. What is something nasty you ate and LIKED. :P
Probably black pudding.
White Paw wrote:Sheep Testicles (*waits for the gay jokes to ammount* :P )
Never heard any gay jokes about "mountain oysters" actually.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Oops sorry!

Okay red meat. I loved it as a kid. Ate it every day. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. I don't eat white meat either but red meat is more gross to think about I suppose, in a mental sense.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there are others :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Midnight wrote:One of the grossest things I've ever tasted was roast goose. It tastes as bad as muttonbirds smell.
Probably black pudding.
White Paw wrote:Sheep Testicles (*waits for the gay jokes to ammount* :P )
Never heard any gay jokes about "mountain oysters" actually.
lol no i was just messin cause... Im gay and ive eaten sheep balls....hehe.. :D :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I can't really think of anything really bizarre or gross that I've eaten, since I'm not very adventurous in that way. However, I am known for having an "Iron Stomach", and don't hesitate to eat alot of things that don't go well together back to back, since it doesn't bother me much. ...I've never had Heartburn in my life...and I eat ALOT of greasy, spicy food...

Handful of Olives right after a PB&J sandwhich...check

Milk, Orange Juice, SPAM and Cheese...check

Grilled Cheese sandwiches made with lightly moldy cheese and stale bread...check

...thinking of Olives again...I'm hooked on CHEAP generic Olives for some reason. I'll munch on them by the handful as a snack. I'm not even sure why I like them. Every time I eat them, I think , "why am I eating this?...this tastes disgusting!". ...but then I suddenly find myself craving MORE.

Even I don't understand it.
Image Image Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

P'rhaps there's something IN the olives your body needs. Have you had your MDAR of preservatives? Potassium? (lots in Olives)

Who knows, but if you crave it and hate it: your body must need it. :pizza:

Now, as to the Grossest things I've eaten and liked; there's Menudo (after making it; Cow's stomach lining and all); then there's the Haggis (made out of really disgusting sheep parts and cooked in a sheep's stomach--(again it tastes pretty darn good-especially the scotch that is drunk with it)
:drunx:
Hands down though, is Possum etouffe'. First, there's this really ugly looking dead animal that is made up out of spare parts nobody else wanted, and smells like old socks and underwear. Then you skin it and it's even uglier inside: you butcher off the meat, and prepare it in proper Cajun style; and after cooking--the dammit is still ugly! It tastes, though like heaven. Wonderful...and you don't even need scotch to wash it down with. :lol:
That's the winner: Possum etouffe'. Just don't look at it... lck
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

At first, I didn't think I could have much boasting rights here, until it dawned on me what most peoples' pallates are like. My taste for exotics combined with my dietary ethics makes me a bit of a cullinary pariah--that is, I'll eat things most people are afraid of, but I'm very disturbed by many ordinary foods. You'll never see me eat a hamburger from McDonald's or Burger King, but I love sushi and raw oysters. Most people today want food to be disguised; I want it to look like what it is, so that I know I'm eating something that came from Earth.

As for most unusual, I did once try raw lamb. The fat portions were tough and took forever to chew, but the muscle tissue was great. By raw, I mean raw, flavored with blood. I picked it up at Whole Foods to minimize chances of getting trichinosis or other nasty infections, since their farms are good about ensuring the health and well being of their animals.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Ketchup & Mayo Sandwiches...

Try them with milk. Nummynumnums. lck
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I didn't know someone else had come up with those! I used to eat them all the time when I was a kid!
XIV
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Hmmm.... I like mayo plane, on a spoon. always have, always will. I like to eat salt plane, lot's of people tell me that's gross. I love Mushrooms! lck

but something..really gross... nope, I don't think I eat anything that you guys would find gross. :)
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

*nagowteena* wrote:Hmmm.... I like mayo plane, on a spoon. always have, always will. I like to eat salt plane, lot's of people tell me that's gross. I love Mushrooms! lck

but something..really gross... nope, I don't think I eat anything that you guys would find gross. :)
oh me too lck I like them in things, but not so much by themselves
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Well, I like to eat things like Parmesan Cheese raw, and 'tht's considered kinda gross. And also, emberassingly to me, I like to eat things off the ground.
XIV
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Dreamer wrote:Well, I like to eat things like Parmesan Cheese raw, and 'tht's considered kinda gross. And also, emberassingly to me, I like to eat things off the ground.

:lol: same here, and I pay no atention to the ten second rule. lck

and I LOVE Parmesan Cheese raw :P
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

*nagowteena* wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Well, I like to eat things like Parmesan Cheese raw, and 'tht's considered kinda gross. And also, emberassingly to me, I like to eat things off the ground.

:lol: same here, and I pay no atention to the ten second rule. lck

and I LOVE Parmesan Cheese raw :P
Ten second rule?? no way! for me it's the the-five-second-rule-begins-when-I-see-it rule :lol:
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

It would have to be a chocolate dipped scorpion. It had an almost sweet taste on top of the chocolate.
Lavadragon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Squirrel, Fish eyes, VERY raw meat

Post by Lavadragon »

I like red meat so rare a good vet would be able to get it back on it's feet. I had squirrel on a survival course and i LOVE fish eyes :D I have to say I also have a habit of eating a lot of stuff off the ground on the basis of the If-I-see-it-it-will-be-eaten-by-me rule.
If you can imagine a vast room, walls covered by shelf after shelf of books and ancient artifacts, with a lone person sitting quietly on a chair reading by candle light. Yup thats me
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

I like eating pan fried shrimp with the shells on. Oh yeah, call me a rebel, baby. I think it has to do with my calcium deficiency and that's why I have that craving now and then. Other times I eat shellfish without the shell, but mostly I like it with the shell.

I've also eaten monkey brains when I was in Thailand. I liked it, but ever since my beliefs have changed I don't eat intelligent animals. I leave delicacies like shark fin soup and turtle to "those people". I will however eat buffalo burgers and alligator meat from the tail. Hey, they're not endangered so why not?!