Elect the Dead

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Were Dono
Legendary
Legendary

Elect the Dead

Post by Were Dono »

Well, let's just say I've been looking forward to this CD for a long time.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Serj, the lead singer of the band System of a Down, decided to try out the solo gig, while the band was on hiatus (NOT PERMANENT! I'm tired of people whining about how they think the band broke up. They didn't.)

Anywho, I got the CD, and I must say, I really like it, though it wasn't really what I expected.
Serj adds in a lot of classical instruments, while still keeping in a sort of rock feel.

If you've heard the new CD, what do you all think of it?
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Re: Elect the Dead

Post by wolfward »

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!! :love: I've always loved Serj's feel he gets into his songs. He keeps them emotional and yet still manages to keep the messages and the actual music still sound god-like. I bought this album the second I saw it, and have heard so many times I think I can listen to Serj thinking.... :reflect: Or maybe not. But I love his album. I think he should forget "System" and go on doing more of this! And sorry to tell you, but they aren't getting back together. The "Scars on Broadway" part of SOAD said that they were done. Here's the link, try not to cry. :cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ACIj7z_ ... re=related
and another one...: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-syste ... k-together sorry!
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Lewis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lets mosh like a werewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Lewis »

O yes Serj is very very very very good ! and me Love system of a down ! i also have Elect the dead he also seems to be very busy he doing alot of things Apparently making a documentary about how the word is a mess
and some other musical things XD
Don't blame it on sunshine
Don't blame it on moonlight
Don't blame it on good times

well actually do blame it on the moonlight :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

wolfward wrote:Here's the link, try not to cry. :cry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ACIj7z_ ... re=related
*clicks*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHHHHH!!!

*frantically searches for X-button*

That man has the most annoying voice on the planet. Aside from that, its basic pop-rock, nothing more. People who see SOAD or anything as metal have no clue what metal is.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.