Audioterror

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Audioterror

Post by Morkulv »

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/Prickrott

Listen to the complete Cyberworm album: https://soundcloud.com/zwaertgevegt-lab ... -cyberworm

Listen to misc. tracks by the band: https://soundcloud.com/prickrott
Last edited by Morkulv on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Virtousity I liked, it has a creepy atmosphere that can easily fit for a horror movie or game. I liked how Killsquare started off but then the whole staticky scream that sounds like someone just set off a constant EMP on your mic. I'm not a fan of black metal since I like to be either pumped up or be soothed so I cant really tell how good is the quality of your music. But I wish you the best of luck to your band.
:D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Thanks for the opinion, appreciate it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Do I wanna know where the idea for the name of the band came from? Or is it just exactly what it says...and theres no story behind it?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

There is as much story behind the name as you would like there to be.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Re: My band's audioterror (Prickrott)

Post by Morkulv »

Edit: link is dead now.
Last edited by Morkulv on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

So THAT'S what you look like under all that corpse paint. Just teasing.

It's definitely not my type of music but it definitely does sound like it belongs in a horror movie. Actually, there's a scene in one of the Kelly Armstrong books with a bunch of people in a club and a crazy werewolf ripping one guy apart with intestines all over the place. It's very bloody. That's what I thought of when I heard your music.

One question: "Fenrir's Revenge"...about wolves, yes?

Oh, and good luck with your band.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

I'm not a big fan of black grind. I can't say that I liked it.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

MoonKit wrote:So THAT'S what you look like under all that corpse paint. Just teasing.

It's definitely not my type of music but it definitely does sound like it belongs in a horror movie. Actually, there's a scene in one of the Kelly Armstrong books with a bunch of people in a club and a crazy werewolf ripping one guy apart with intestines all over the place. It's very bloody. That's what I thought of when I heard your music.

One question: "Fenrir's Revenge"...about wolves, yes?

Oh, and good luck with your band.
The song Fenrir's Revenge is about the Norse mythology.

Thanks!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Berserker wrote:I'm not a big fan of black grind. I can't say that I liked it.
People often seem to classify us as black grindcore somehow... Why this exactly is is beyond me, but ok. To each their own.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Morkulv wrote:
Berserker wrote:I'm not a big fan of black grind. I can't say that I liked it.
People often seem to classify us as black grindcore somehow... Why this exactly is is beyond me
Noise/industrial influence, de-emphasis on melody, highly abrasive tone, extreme machine drumming/blasting.

These things within the general ideological framework of black metal result in such a classification, whether that was your intent or not.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

This is completely new for me. I guess its true that you learn something new every day.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm not a part of this band anymore since my ex fellow bandmate and ex friend chooses drugs and lies over our friendship and band. I believe it is very sad that it came to this, but for this reason I want nothing to do with him nor Prickrott anymore.

I decided to continue with my own project, that I named Blodskoldet (Danish for "Bloodburned"). I am going to make ambient/black metal music with it that I want to distribute in full-length episodic releases. More info on that in the future.

www.myspace.com/blodskoldet
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hmm... well that certainly sucks. I've lost a few musicians due to drugs, some more permanently than others. Both of the ones that come to most are drummers. One who went on a Capitol Records tour, opening for Ozzy Osborne and Quiet Riot back in the 80s, the other who used to play as a stand-in for Motley Crue.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Well, I actually mentioned alot of times within the band that as soon as drugs (he's been smoking weed for years now), money, or anything else gets a priority above the band, I'm leaving. So thats what I did. I've got nothing more then meaningless and agressive e-mails and responses from him ever since I tried reasoning over e-mail, so that goes to show how unpredictable weed can make somebody.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Update: I just pulled the plug from the Prickrott MySpace.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Happened to my black metal band as well. Main mind behind the musicianship got addicted to weed (anyone who says this can't happen is deluded,) and just got crazy and blew up. Years later he's in a reggae/jam fusion band and is a total stoner. Go figure.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Oh well... Luckily I still have some connections with the Dutch black metal scene.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Re: My band's audioterror

Post by Morkulv »

Okay, I'm reviving this old topic again to post a small newsflash regarding this little music project of mine. Me and the old vocalist got together for a last time to record a bonus-track for a re-release on tape of our last demo entitled "Total F*cking Meltdown". After that, communication between us got out of hand again and I broke all contact between us.

The good news is that before we did, we came to the agreement that I can use the Prickrott name to release material with by myself, and I have a potentially complete full-length CD resting on my harddisk right now that I can complete. All I can say about the music is that, like the bonus-song on the tape re-release, its going to be mostly industrial (black) metal. The emphasis is less on black metal and more on experimenting with lots of industrial sounds and synthesizers.
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot
Mood: Relief

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Good Luck.
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

For your information, you can order the tape here:

http://zwaertgevegt.blogspot.nl/

Just look for Prickrott under 'Releases'. Its somewhere near the bottom.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Good news: Prickrott has released another outing titled Cyberworm. You can order it exclusively at Zwaertgevegt (see my other post for the link). It is released through Zwaertgevegt on tape (yes, old school :P ) but you can listen to the entire release for free on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/zwaertgevegt-lab ... -cyberworm

It is very industrial sounding. :) Oh and while you're at it, please leave us a like on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/prickrott
I promise I'm not just spamming this. We don't have a lot of likes on FaceBook and it's about time we created a wider audience for our music I think. Your support is appreciated!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

60 likes on Facebook already! :D Again, please show your support by liking our page.

https://www.facebook.com/Prickrott
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Audioterror

Post by Morkulv »

Have a short live registration of Prickrott's recent (first!) gig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6H3V3cMJY