Your favorite werewolf or wolf-related songs

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Your favorite werewolf or wolf-related songs

Post by Morkulv »

I sometimes relate atmosphere to certain subjects, but other then that I don't care that much for lyrics, even though there are bands that have really good lyrics like Rammstein for example. Whenever I hear a song I primarely listen for melody and atmosphere.

Whenever I think of werewolves, I think of dark and atmospheric music, like the song At the Dawning of Chaos from Forest Silence (listenable at http://www.myspace.com/forestsilence).

Even if you don't like stuff like black metal, just take a listen to it and then try and tell me its NOT atmospheric and incredibly moody...

I DARE YOU! :)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

Fear Of The Dark by Iron Maiden makes me think of werewolves,i don't know why though.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

No one's mentioned The Cage by Sonata Arctica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzwF3j4Gg4
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Not were-related at all, but it fits...

Pat Benatar's "Shadows Of The Night".
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.

Post by silver1 »

Averice by Disturbed
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Totally related to werewolves (or at least this group):
http://www.divshare.com/download/7803338-3ad :lol:
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: SilverSkater
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.
Mood: Disappointed

Re:

Post by Cain »

Black Claw wrote:Listen to Skillet "Savior" and "Rebirth", RED "Breathe into Me"
Invincible works too, for werewolves and bloodsuckers. ((no offense to vamps))
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

That is a great song.

Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

A local folk rock band (Don Chambers and Goat) played a song called "Werewolf Moon Rising (over the pine)" and it was pretty solid. I wish I could find the lyrics online. Somehow I have a feeling the song was more about drinking whiskey then werewolves.
Pufihead
Custom Title: Cpt.Cmdr.Dude.

Post by Pufihead »

Has nobody even heard of Sonata Arctica????

Thier songs Fullmoon, It Won't Fade, and then there was another I forgot about, but just look em up. Finish power metal band, and you might hafta look up lyrics to find out what the song is about, the sig fast.
If that wasn't FRUITACIOUSE enough for you, then you don't know the meaning of the word.
Cain
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I'm a polymorphic writer and model. I'm interested in Lycanthropy, Therianthropy, and any other mythology related to shapeshifting.

Post by Cain »

I gots more songs^^

1. All About Us by tATu_ Great song from a werewolf's POV against humans discrimination for their race

2. Sweet Dreams by Beyonce_ maybe for a lycan's first nite after being bitten

3. Bodies by Drowning Pool_ More of a lost control type song

4. Closer by Nine Inch Nails_ Song for darker or really ticked off lycans

5. I hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace_ Good song for a lycan resenting his 'Wolf'

6. Use Somebody by Kings of Leon_ Could be for like, a werewolf looking for a mate or pack

7. Figure 0.9 by Linkin Park_ Perfect for another werewolf resenting his 'Wolf'

8. Prelude 12/21 by AFI_ Good for a lonely werewolf who's fallen in love but the person mite be either a friend or someone the aren't supposed to love.

9.Running Up That Hill by Placebo_ Great song for a lycan going through a tough time.

10. She-Wolf by Shakira_ Talks about Lycanthropy, and is pretty amazing.

I don't want to go overboard, but these are really good songs and my reasonings for them.^^
To live the life I live, as a polymorphic old soul trapped within a teenage body, is very hectic. I am not normal, nor will I ever be. Don't try to control me, seeing as I will be defiant and do things my own way. I am passionate about roller skating and wakeboarding, those are my outlets. I try to stay out of trouble, most of the time it works.(;
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Songs that are wolf themed or makes me think of wolves... Hum...

Planets - Adema...
Breath - Breaking Benjamins
Animal I've Become - 3 Days Grace
Monster - Skillet
Howling - Within Temptation
Forsaken - Within Temptation
Stranger - Stars of Track and Field
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

alphanubilus wrote:Songs that are wolf themed or makes me think of wolves... Hum...

Planets - Adema...
Monster - Skillet
Just because a song is called 'Howling' doesn't mean its about wolves. It could just as well be about the howling of the wind or anything. And 'monster' because werewolves are monsters? Uhm... Ok, sure.

By the way: that song "animal I've become" is the most overplayed and overrated pop-song I have ever heard, together with Drowning Pool - Bodies (let the bodies hit the floor).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Windigo
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Windigo »

Aint your fariytale-Sonata Arctica
Das tier in mir-Enomine
Wolf like me-TV on radio
Bark at the moon-Ozzy
Of wolf and man-Metallica
The howling-Motorjesus
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Smasher Wolf

Post by Smasher Wolf »

Morkulv wrote:
alphanubilus wrote:Songs that are wolf themed or makes me think of wolves... Hum...

Planets - Adema...
Monster - Skillet
Just because a song is called 'Howling' doesn't mean its about wolves. It could just as well be about the howling of the wind or anything. And 'monster' because werewolves are monsters? Uhm... Ok, sure.

By the way: that song "animal I've become" is the most overplayed and overrated pop-song I have ever heard, together with Drowning Pool - Bodies (let the bodies hit the floor).
Animal I Have Become, a Pop Song? WTF :?
it is rock, i think, or alternative... but Pop!? >.>
3DG are really good.

anyone knows Sonata Arctica? They have a lot of wolf-ish Songs >.>
like:
Black Sheep
It Wont Fade
Full Moon
Wolf and Raven (not sure about this one)
And Many More XP

Other songs... mmm
Little red riding hood - Bowling For Soup
In The Year Of the Wolf - Motorhead
Panic Attack - Dream theater (well.... not exactly about WW)
The Dark Eternal Night - Dream Theater

wahh, im lazy to write more

PD: im from Chile, sorry about any errors :roll:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Smasher Wolf wrote:
Morkulv wrote:

Planets - Adema...
Monster - Skillet

Animal I Have Become, a Pop Song? WTF :?
it is rock, i think, or alternative... but Pop!? >.>
Ok then: pop-rock.
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

Morkulv wrote:

Planets - Adema...
Monster - Skillet

Okay, just one question to Morkulv, why are you so negative? If they feel like it's a song that reminds them of werewolves it is their opinion, you have a right to your own, but don't be so negative about it. And Animal Ive Become and Bodies are good songs so it's kind of a given that they're gonna be played and used alot.

Just sayin.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Cain wrote:
Morkulv wrote:

Planets - Adema...
Monster - Skillet

Okay, just one question to Morkulv, why are you so negative? If they feel like it's a song that reminds them of werewolves it is their opinion, you have a right to your own, but don't be so negative about it. And Animal Ive Become and Bodies are good songs so it's kind of a given that they're gonna be played and used alot.

Just sayin.
I'm always negative. I'm so negative, that in fact I view the board like this all the time:

Oh and by the way, just because a song is played a lot doesn't mean its good. Both Animal I've Become and Bodies are classic examples of overplayed, angsty POP-music masked as alternative music.
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

The sarcasm wasn't necessary. I'm not an idiot so don't talk to me like I am. You have a right to your own opinions, but don't sit there and say that's what this is and that's what that is because not everyones gonna see it the same as you. I'm not tryin to start anythin but if you gonna state your own opinions, do so. Don't say it like everybody thinks your right. Because not everybody agrees.

Oh an by the way, Animal Ive Become and Bodies are greats overplayed songs in MY opinion.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silver1 »

Curse Of the Werewolf by Timeless Miracle
Return Of The Werewolf by Timeless Miracle
The Howling by Within Temptation
Full Moon by Sonata Artica
Wolf Moon(including zoanthropic paranoia) by Type O Negative
Lycanthropy by Six Feet Under
Wolf by Iced Earth
Of Wolf And Man by Metallica
Wolf Shade (A Werewolf Masquerade) by Moonspell

Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I could have sworn I posted on this thread before, but I quick skim through didn't show any of my posts. My submission is "You took the words right out of my mouth(hot summer night)" by Meatloaf
Meatloaf wrote: Now my body is shaking like a wave on the water
And I guess that I'm beginning to grin
Oooh, we're finally alone and we can do what we want to
The night is young
And ain't no one gonna know where you
No one gonna know where you
No one's gonna know where you've been
You were licking your lips and your lipstick shining
I was dying just to ask for a taste
We were lying together in a silver lining
By the light of the moon
You know there's not another moment to waste
Also, All Revved Up With No Place To Go, by Meatloaf as well
Meatloaf wrote: "Every Saturday night
I felt the fever grow
Do ya know what it's like
All revved up with no place to go
I was out on the prowl down by the edge of the track
And like a son of a jackal I'm a leader of the pack-but-
Every Saturday night
I felt the fever grow
Oh, Baby, I'm a hunter in the dark of the forest
I've been stalking you and tracking you down
Cruising up and down the main drag all night long
Granted, they can easily apply to just about anything else, but to me they always bring werewolves to mind. I'm pretty sure that's not the intent behind the songs, but they work for me.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

silver1 wrote: Wolf Moon(including zoanthropic paranoia) by Type O Negative
RIP Peter Steele.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Cain wrote:The sarcasm wasn't necessary. I'm not an idiot so don't talk to me like I am. You have a right to your own opinions, but don't sit there and say that's what this is and that's what that is because not everyones gonna see it the same as you. I'm not tryin to start anythin but if you gonna state your own opinions, do so. Don't say it like everybody thinks your right. Because not everybody agrees.

Oh an by the way, Animal Ive Become and Bodies are greats overplayed songs in MY opinion.
If you don't want me to talk to you like an 'idiot', then stop making silly arguments.

You don't have to agree, but saying its not an overplayed song is like denying that water is wet.
You can deny it all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it is.
Cain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cain »

Uhm, I didn't say that they weren't overplayed, I said they were great songs in my own opinion. Don't say I'm an idiot either because you don't know who I am or what I am about. I don't know who you or nor what you are about and that's all I'm gonna say so Ive said my piece and I'm done. Don't need the drama nor sarcastic remarks.
Chris
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chris »

This one doesn't seem to be that bad:

Wolf and the Moon by Leverage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpI9uYXB9s