U2: No Line on the Horizon

From bands to orchestral to pop music! Shoobie doobie doo wop!! Talk about...... pop pop pop music!!!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

U2: No Line on the Horizon

Post by Scott Gardener »

Completely unrelated to werewolves, and it's not even the genre of choice for a lot of you, but I have got to mention it, as it's absolutely brilliant, a work of art that lives up to the high expectations one might have from the band that gave us The Joshua Tree. The deluxe version of the album comes with a link to a music video art film of the songs, and there are several super-deluxe versions that also include a coffee table softback or hardback magazine-sized book.

The album is one of the most cohesive and unified of U2's works in a long time; they definitely worked hard to polish this one up, putting time and their hearts into it. The music is very solid, at once evolved and quentissentially U2ish. Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen, Jr. deliver powerful, primal rhythms, while Bono and the Edge paradoxically deliver at the same moment an enlightened, metaphysical transcendence. If you splurge enough for a version with the art film "Linear," you are treated with a right-brained, dreamlike journey across France and Spain by motorcycle, interspersed with a fair share of both Jung and Freud. And, yet, as esoteric as all this may sound, it's still catchy tunes that are every bit as fun as pop radio.

It's top notch U2, and that is pretty darned hard to top. If by now they still haven't found what they're looking for, it's probably not there anymore.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Re: U2: No Line on the Horizon

Post by wolfward »

U2 are old, and they suck. Nuf' said.
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Even I should do that as I have never heard much by U2, no judgment until I listen to an entire album.
wolfward
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Therian and you'll never stop me.
Mood: Angry

Post by wolfward »

Ok,er......Make me. And I believe I have a right to think they aren't good musicians as this is a free country.(At least I think it is, is Europe really free? Come on....)Ok, I take back what I said about them sucking, but I still think that their music style is very mainstream. If it sounds like every other song played on the radio, then why listen to it in the first place?
Therian(The Animal Inside)
Why do people say they care?
And never ask of your despair?
Why do people say they know?
Then off the cliff and down they go.
Why do people think they're glad?
When deep down inside they're truely sad?
Why am I the only one who sees?
I guess that no one else believes. :(

by Me