Website content

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Website content

Post by takyoji »

Some suggested pages of information to have are:
  • Site News
  • Introduction
  • Links
  • Chat
  • About Freeborn
  • Updates
  • Events
  • News
As usual, feel free to suggest any other types of pages that could be added. This will be for the actual website aspect (which will be developed) of The Packs Den rather than the forum. Things like information (such as reviews) on movies, games, books, and so on will have their own little section, with the appropriate handy functionality and organization.

Also, should we choose specific individuals to work on the content; or have it similar to a wiki, where anyone can contribute content (but changes would require prior review before going public)?
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Sevena

Re: Website content

Post by Sevena »

i think it would be nice for the community to be able to contribute to the content with prior review.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Website content

Post by outwarddoodles »

Posted in this topic: http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... =58&t=6890

I still stand behind everything I said then, sans all the babble about the re-direction and what not.

:D
outwarddoodles wrote:This is definitely a topic worth while.

I always enter the forums through the front page, and I've felt rather disapointed by the unfinished state the website has remained in ever since it's first conception.

I totally support:

A New layout. Yes. Yes.

News. Admins/Moderators should have access to post on the news section on the front page. This section section should include information about updates and events in the forum. It should also inform about new werewolf related books, movies, documentaries, games, Pack meets, etc. (Looking for the information for the news section would not be required -- all news would come from here, of course, from our informed posters.) I also support the idea of posting interesting finds, such as sculptures and posters, regardless if they're new or not.

Pack Gallery: What happened to it?! I believe the gallery is a great feature to our site, and very appealing to visiting werewolf enthusiasts.

Multimedia: Book and movie reviews. Links to werewolf related art and music. Quotes and/or historical data. Also: Poems and Stories from our pack members.

Links: Obligatory.

Chat: Obligatory.

Another idea I've been fiddling around with is an 'articles section.' This would include muses preferably from our own pack members about the history, nature, and science about werewolves. These would preferably be informative and interesting reads for visiting werewolf fans.

I realize my idealistic plans for a perfect werewolf forum would include a lot of work -- and preferably cutting off close ties with Freeborn past an "about page" with The Packs history and so forth. If this is too much work or seemingly imposible, then I personally MUCH prefer the option of having the domain directly linking to the forum -- or a simple news page for website/forum news, and an easily accessible link to the forum and chat below.

Thoughts anyone?
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."