Forum Modifications

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Trinity wrote:hmmn Newbie killer? How about Opinonator? *ducks and hides*
And what about you? What are you going to put as a custom title, my precious. :wink:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:My posts are not that knowledgeable because I didn't study up on werewolves. I only post my opinion and what I like to see in a werewolf.
See I pretty much read every piece of werewolf folklore I could get my hands on. But I never bring these things up because anyone else can do the same footwork I did. Discussing opinions is much more interesting.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:But know this.....curiosity about what others think of you can lead to good things or maybe bad.
True...very true...

Some things I may be much happier NOT knowing. Image Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:But know this.....curiosity about what others think of you can lead to good things or maybe bad.
True...very true...

Some things I may be much happier NOT knowing. Image Image

There are times where I'm not sure what people thinks of me. I thought I was going to get kicked out of this forum for posting so much and acting silly. It turned out to be a good thing. :jester:

There is a reason why I'm tossing duckies so much. It was to keep the spirit of the duckie alive!! Some threads or discussions die and falls to the bottom of the pile. I couldn't let that happen to the duckie!! :duckie

I also enjoy doing wolf edits that make people laugh. If you only knew how much that means to me. For the 1st time in my life, I was able to accomplish something. :cry:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:My posts are not that knowledgeable because I didn't study up on werewolves. I only post my opinion and what I like to see in a werewolf.
See I pretty much read every piece of werewolf folklore I could get my hands on. But I never bring these things up because anyone else can do the same footwork I did. Discussing opinions is much more interesting.
Oddly enough, despite my enthusiasm for the genre...

* #of Werewolf Books read: 0

* #of Werewolf Films seen from beginning to end: 2 (Teen Wolf- Teen Wolf 2)

* Overall knowlage about the origin of the Werewolf Mythology: ...very little before finding this website. (Early on, I actually had alot of false facts in my head.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note: I noticed in the Profile section, it says "Leave blank" after the Birthdate section. Is there a reason why I would want to leave part of that blank, or is that just a mistake?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Heh got me title, though I don't like it going to two lines. *pouts* I tried to keep it short.

:P

If I could stick my wolfie icon in there I'd be happy. ^.^ *chuckles*

I've been a werewolf Lore "eater" since Highschool. Gawds some people think I'm obesseed.., maybe I am. ;) *chuckles*

What I like to see is other authors and artist take whats out there now and make something more or different from it. Using a little bit of locgi and a lot of imagination makes for good werewolf bits! :)

I do like seeing other people's opinions, even if they don't jive with my own.

Its actually quite refreshing to be able to swap Lores, and ideas with other people both educated in the Lores or not. ;)

*grins*

:wolfpaint:
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:Oddly enough, despite my enthusiasm for the genre...

* #of Werewolf Books read: 0

* #of Werewolf Films seen from beginning to end: 2 (Teen Wolf- Teen Wolf 2)

* Overall knowlage about the origin of the Werewolf Mythology: ...very little before finding this website. (Early on, I actually had alot of false facts in my head.)
Yeah, I don't really consider it very important. It's nice to know, but not necessary.
On a side note: I noticed in the Profile section, it says "Leave blank" after the Birthdate section. Is there a reason why I would want to leave part of that blank, or is that just a mistake?
If you leave the year blank, it won't display your age in the new birthday section on the index page. Perhaps I should fix the template to omit the "Leave Blank" completely.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote: For the 1st time in my life, I was able to accomplish something. :cry:
damn thats sad!! i know you were j/k but dude i'm not luaghing
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:
If you leave the year blank, it won't display your age in the new birthday section on the index page. Perhaps I should fix the template to omit the "Leave Blank" completely.
Ahh...I see. Thanks. Image

Does anyone know how to implememt the Alternate Profile Image that Shadow Wulf suggested?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Today, in retrospect, I realized just how concieted it was for me call attention specifically to myself like I did, and now feel quite embarrased about it. No more responses about my personality please. It was egotistical of me to derail this topic to put myself in the spotlight. )

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

ask the person incharge of www.rpgchat.com
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote:damn thats sad!! i know you were j/k but dude i'm not luaghing

What I meant is........for the 1st time in my life, I became creative at something. I never sat down and tried to make something for others to use. Being creative is my accomplishment in life.

:badminton: :wolfclock: :badminton2:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:Does anyone know how to implememt the Alternate Profile Image that Shadow Wulf suggested?
I'm sure there's a modification for it somewhere. But if you want to code it yourself:

Add a column called 'user_picture' or something in the users table for the database.

In 'includes/usercp_viewprofile.php' add a section that pulls the info for user_picture from the $profiledata array, and puts it into the info for the template.

In 'includes/usercp_register.php' add the code to obtain and validate the url for the user picture, and modify the INSERT and UPDATE statments to update the database.

In 'templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl' add a section for the user picture.

In 'templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl' (For templates the middle part will vary with the theme you use. For this forum it would be 'bsrf') to add a field for the URL of the user picture.

I think that's it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: (Today, in retrospect, I realized just how concieted it was for me call attention specifically to myself like I did, and now feel quite embarrased about it. No more responses about my personality please. It was egotistical of me to derail this topic to put myself in the spotlight. )

spotlight? How about under the duckie. :wetwolf4:

:jester2:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Vuldari wrote:I was trying to come up with a Custom Title for myself that appropriately (and perhaps amusingly) represents what I am to the pack, either in contribution or personality quirk. ... I couldn't come up with anything.

...but that got me thinking. Who am I to the rest of you?

When you see Figarou's avatar, you may think of his sense of humor, numerous sight gags (in the form of Emoticon Edits :jester2: ), and consistant presence here.

GoldenWolf, LoboLeo, etc. are instantly recognised for their artistic talents.

Shadow Wulf is gaining recognition for his obnoxiously frequent references to May Payne...

...but what about me? When you are surfing through a topic and see that I posted a reply, what comes to mind about me?

( "Oh, Vuldari. He's that guy who allways...[fill in the blank]" -or- "Vuldari usually posts stuff like [fill in the blank]"-or-"Vuldari is such a [fill in the blank]" )

...maybe I don't stand out at all in any way you can think of. That's usually the way that I am off the net. Aside from my having Long hair, I don't think most people take much significant notice of me.

I suppose I don't really NEED a custom title. ...but it would be a shame to just let the possibilities go unrealized.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW...I like the new additions...even the "QUICK REPLY" box. I have my profile set so it does not actually appear unless I click the button. That works for me.
barbatus quinus= Latin for the bearded one :)

And by the way Shadow Wulf the Max Payne refrenses are getting weird. :P
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

"Drumroll Please"...

Post by Vuldari »

[size=0].[/size]

I am..."The Complainer" *

It may not be self flattering, but you have to admit... it's true... Image

(*...at least untill I can come up with something I like.)

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: "Drumroll Please"...

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:[size=0].[/size]

I am..."The Complainer" *

It may not be self flattering, but you have to admit... it's true... Image

(*...at least untill I can come up with something I like.)

The complainer? ??

Did a search and found this.

http://healing.about.com/od/painmanagem ... pain_6.htm
We have all been in the company of complainers. Their demeanor comes across as WOE IS ME. They feel as if they are suffering more than others. They are self-absorbed in themselves and give their power over to their sufferings. They often become very dependent on their sympathizers

I hope you find a good title for yourself. Tomorrow is your birthday and I want you to be feeling great!! Not feeling down and lonely.

You're among friends here. We all share something in common even though we have our differences.

:badminton2:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Re: "Drumroll Please"...

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:The complainer? ??

I hope you find a good title for yourself. Tomorrow is your birthday and I want you to be feeling great!! Not feeling down and lonely.

You're among friends here. We all share something in common even though we have our differences.
I actually think it may be healthy for me to leave that there for a little while. Seeing that there every time I post a message will help remind me to choose my words more carfully and check mysef whenever I begin to complain unnecesarily. ...the indended effect of which would be to encourage me to be far more polite and accepting, thus making me NOT be "The Complainer" anymore.
Then I will be able to feel really good about taking that down. Image

=^.^'= ~
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I thought of something I'd like to see. I don't have any of the mods or whatever for it :( and if this is already a function, could someone be kind enough to point it out to me and tell me where it is? Anyways, I'd like a new replies button so I don't have scroll down to get to a new message, I can click the button and I'm there :) I'm sorry if I'm too blind to notice if it's already here :oops: Thanks guys! :D
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

That's what Image that icon is for on the thread display page. Click on that.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:That's what Image that icon is for on the thread display page. Click on that.
Indeed...

When you are looking at the list of threads, look under "Last Post". After the name of the person who last posted, there is THIS tiny icon. Image Click it and it will take you dirrectly to the bottom, right at the last/most recent post.

Easy. Image

=^.^'= ~
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

Cool! Thanks very much! :D
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I like it, though these confused the hell out of me when i first looked...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

I just thought of something that might be useful later [spoiler] tags. It's a bit of nifty CSS that blacks out the text until you hover over it with your mouse, then it displays the blacked out text.

Here's an example: http://fenrir.nonexiste.net/~lupin/spoiler.html
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:I just thought of something that might be useful later [spoiler] tags. It's a bit of nifty CSS that blacks out the text until you hover over it with your mouse, then it displays the blacked out text.

Here's an example: http://fenrir.nonexiste.net/~lupin/spoiler.html
Yes!! Thats something we can use when someone talks about a movie. Not all of us whats to be spoiled.

Is there a code for that?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Instead of going through the whole mod install system I could probably whip something up real quick and send you the changed files. I have most of the code already, I just need to fix it for phpBB.

The tags would be [spoiler] and [/spoiler]