Java Chat is UP

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Java Chat is UP

Post by Calypso Blue »

Java Chat is UP.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewerewolf/chat.html

Danke, I'll be back with details on schedule chats with filmmakers.

CB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Java Chat is UP

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:Java Chat is UP.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewerewolf/chat.html

Danke, I'll be back with details on schedule chats with filmmakers.

CB

Make sure you have orderly conduct in there when it comes to having chats with the filmmakers. Have the people take turns asking a question so the filmmaker can easily read the question then answer. For example, have the people type "yo" if they have a question. Then pick which person will go 1st and then say who will be next once the question is answered. If the next person happens to have the same question, have him/her say something to let you know the question has already been asked to keep the chat moving along.

When the chat is over, save the chat and post it so the ones who couldn't make it can read what was going on. Since I have an odd work schedule, I may not be able to make a chat and would like to read the questions that was asked.

:D
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

As nice as the chat room is, I suggest going with an IRC channel. It's much easier to control/maintain and has alot more flexability when connecting. People can choose a web-based java app (like you have setup now) or they can use a standalone client like mIRC or XChat.

Just my thoughts.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Whoa!! I just realized something. A password needs to be created so I can protect my user name. I don't want anyone to pose as me and say bad things in there.

I'm NOT going back in there until I can protect my user name.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Grrrr, okay okay, fine fine.. gimme some time to upgrade it.. right now its a free chat, I have to find one that I can do that with that I don't have to pay for.

CB
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

I've been talking to someone about a MUCK. They could set it up, and folks could log in with password, and it could be totally private. Whadda ya think?

CB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

As long as I can protect my user name. Thats fine by me.

Sorry for the trouble. But I had someone pose as me in the past. He ruined my reputation in that chat room. This was when I had webtv. I'm not making that mistake again.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Pardon my ingorance but aren't MUCK's for RPG players? Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never been onto a MUCK before, only heard of them.

EDIT: You know IRC is totally free and accessable by everyone free of charge, right? No banner ads...no catches or anything. Just good ol' classic internet chat. It's one of the few things left on the internet not plagued by spam of the corporate giant.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Well neither will a muck.. its meant for RPG yes, but in its basic form, its a chat room.... with password protection, and its private enough that I wont have roaming folks that are looking for sex (sorry, but my experience with IRC says it will happen) .. from wandering in and out.

And, its free

CB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:Well neither will a muck.. its meant for RPG yes, but in its basic form, its a chat room.... with password protection, and its private enough that I wont have roaming folks that are looking for sex (sorry, but my experience with IRC says it will happen) .. from wandering in and out.

And, its free

CB
Ah. I see his point. Don't want none of that here.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:x Grr i can't get into it, Its not broken already ?! i just fixed our internet line after 4 days of being messed around by our ISP :P :x
*When you're down... howl*
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Actually It is currently down while we get the muck put together.. should be this weekend, or monday.

Anthony