Stills from the first Experiment.

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stills from the first Experiment.

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay, had a shoot day before yesterday, and I think it went very well, its in post now, but there are now some stills of the shoot online at the main website, under the devoured section. There are some mockups for FX tests in this as well. Again, this scene is titled experiment #1... it might not even be in the film, so when it goes up, just remember that. The post on the scene should be done soon so you can see the movie version.

Anthony Brownrigg :shift:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

So far, I like the look of the actor and actress from the stills.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Lookin good! :D Can you tell us whats going on in the scene though? And what is that shiny metel thing at the top? Thanks :howl:  :oo
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

I can tell you in this test scene.. it can be one of two things.

She is a werewolf, He is a Jerk who has been treating his girlfriend lousy, (his girlfriend being one of the heroines in this thing)... THIS girl, even though she is technically a bad guy, still doesnt like him treating women, (even her own enemy, and a human no less ) like that.. So, he got chased down, knocked out, tied to a tree, and taught a lesson.

OR

This poor guy.. walked in on her and her boyfriend while transformed.. she LIKES the guy, and tells her alpha, oooo, I like him... can I have him? Maybe make him a pack member?

Alpha says, who him?

She says, "yeah>.'

Alpha...' oh, well, okay then.. CHASE CHASE CHASE,, BONK!!!!)

Then hes tied to a tree, and she attempts to indoctrinate him to want to be a member of their pack..

(scratches his head)... since its a test mainly for fx to start working on stuff, It's not decided yet. Either way, its creepy. ooooo..

CB
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Schweet!! I'm surprised you guys have done as much as you have so far! :o

I did spot one thing that I'm have a question about. In the second still, the one where the woman is wolfing out a bit (kickass, BTW) I see that her claws are coming out. However, instead of growing out from her actual nails they are popping out from behind her nails and growing over her human nails? Why? Why wouldn' t her human nails darken, thicken, and start to become claws? Because human nails and canine claws are the same things. It reminds me a bit of the "claws" in Full Eclipse, the ones that made me writhe with the wrongness of them when I saw that movie.

Other than that, it looks great :)
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Oh yeah, the shiny metal thing.. In the reflection is HIM tied to the tree with her in front of him. What it IS is a silver bracelet.

Now before anyone goes biting anyones heads off.. it wasnt really told to the actress to bring things that werent' silver.. just jewelry.... so ignore that its silver..

During the scene, while she's talking to this poor sap, shes taking off herr jewelry/boots/ etc. and setting them down.. he looks down at them, and his point of view sees the reflection of them in the bracelet on the ground.

Artsy shot, but it works in the scene.

CB
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Good thought... I have a counter thought on that, which if you can come up with a solution it would be neat.

Why don't her claws just thicken and lenthen from her nails? Because, nails are dead tissue.. fingernails on humans are thin flimsy things, and even if they lengthen, they're still gonna be thin flimsy things, just longer.. claws are much thicker, and much more sturdy.. I don't feel comfy with having long thin flimsy claws that are just extensions of human fingernails, and I really can't see how to make them just thicken magically.. not to mention they have to get sharp, and really if they just extend, the only thing thats gonna make claws sharp, is to file them...

Heheh, a werewolf with a nailfile.. just a great image.

CB
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

*nods in approval* Alrighty, sounds good! 8) This movie is going to kick tail :D
Just make sure all of the actors can act. If their is one thing I cant stand, its bad acting. A great movie with great special effects, camera work, music, direction, ect can go down the drain if you dont believe the characters.

Imagins a werewolf with a nail file.
"You really piss me off!"
Starts sharpinging nails with a file
"err...hold on a sec."
:lol:
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Yeah, casting wont even begin for at least a month or two.. The actors in this scene are Jamie Amaral, and Drew Waters from the "they slither' flick.. they were nice enough to do the scene.. Great people both of them. Just went out into the woods on an afternoon, with three person crew, and just said, uhm, okay.. so, I'll sit here, and you walk there, and blah blah blah.. real simple, but its gonna be effective I think.

CB
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

The nails/claws things, to me, looks more like the claws are pushing out the nails, as they grow in their place.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Like that.. will try to shift the fx to show the claws pushing out the human nails to grow into their place.

CB
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I love her eyes are they contacts or were they added in some other way? Awesome i can't believe you are doing it yay!!!! Wow i am really excited about this movie!
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

All the FX in those stills are digital. The two that have FX in them are just mockups for the FX team to start working on the best way's to achieve the desired effect in motion.

CB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:Like that.. will try to shift the fx to show the claws pushing out the human nails to grow into their place.

CB

Very cool. I've seen something like this in another movie.

"Cat People" I think the claws came out of the nuckles, if i remember.
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Silverclaw wrote:And what is that shiny metel thing at the top? Thanks :howl:  :oo
I was going to say.... ohhh that's just one of the werewolves big prized drinking bowls.... but it's a bracelet. :lol: << >>... *runs*
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Wow! You have my attention! I love how the claws worked out! So natural, so real. Very beliveable. I agree that human nails are used for next to nothing. They are soft and frail and they break really easilly. Werewolves would need completely new nails from them and fallen off when they revert back. (the tissue dies off, not an entire limb like a tail).

I was really digging that wolfing-out nose shot there! Keep it up the excellent work!
Starfury
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Starfury »

So on the nails thing. First of all, yes it was Cat People where the claw came out of the knuckles, but that was more of a "the cat is growing out of the skin" kind of TF, so it worked pretty good. And my second thought is that the whole idea behind the nails being "pushed" out by the claws is very realistic and quite commendable. But I was kinda wondering if it was a TF like Howling 6 style or more AWIL or something similar since there's really not any way to tell. Just my insatiable curiousity running wild. And in a side note, in the second frame is that blood on her teeth from her canines growing out? It looks so awesome. Excellent job guys!!!
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I'm very happy that folks like what they see from just the stills.. (chuckle) Wait til you see the scene, this poor guy is in SO much trouble!

I agree on the nails, actually, I'm thinking the claws should push up from under the human nails, not on top of them.. splitting them and casting them aside as opposed to just pushing them strait out. (personal feeling)

As far as the teeth, yes, blood, we talked earlier on this board about how the infection might be more potent after a transform since the gums bleed while the teeth are changing.. so thats what we're trying to accomplish.

The scene give me the willies.. I can't wait myself.

Anthony Brownrigg :howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:I'm very happy that folks like what they see from just the stills.. (chuckle) Wait til you see the scene, this poor guy is in SO much trouble!

I agree on the nails, actually, I'm thinking the claws should push up from under the human nails, not on top of them.. splitting them and casting them aside as opposed to just pushing them strait out. (personal feeling)

As far as the teeth, yes, blood, we talked earlier on this board about how the infection might be more potent after a transform since the gums bleed while the teeth are changing.. so thats what we're trying to accomplish.

The scene give me the willies.. I can't wait myself.

Anthony Brownrigg :howl:  :oo

I like the claws coming out from under the nails idea. But what about transforming back? Do the claws revert/retract and the human nail grows over them? Or do the claws fall off? I hope it doesn't fall off.

Silver mentioned...

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =2923#2923
I envision the ww tail falling off; it just returns to human proportions like the rest of the body.

Does this mean the werewolf will have to clean up after itself? Picks up the tail and everything else that falls off? It'll be kinda weird if it comes to that.

I can't wait to see the rest of the transformation. Especially the tail on a female werewolf.

Rrrrraawrrrr!!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Calypso Blue wrote:Yeah, casting wont even begin for at least a month or two.. The actors in this scene are Jamie Amaral, and Drew Waters from the "they slither' flick.. they were nice enough to do the scene.. Great people both of them. Just went out into the woods on an afternoon, with three person crew, and just said, uhm, okay.. so, I'll sit here, and you walk there, and blah blah blah.. real simple, but its gonna be effective I think.

CB
So Jamie And Drew might be in the film, but they might not?
Interesting...

I see only two things that bother me about these early "test" stills.

First...(as has allrealy been addressed)...the claws comming over instead of under the fingernails just does not look right. I'm glad that you see that as well.

Second, though this is probobly irrelivant at this stage in the film process, I noticed that the camera you used does not create the classic "Film" look that I hope to see in the final product. It is almost too sharp...like an HD soap opera or a made for TV special filmed digital.

Otherwise, I like what I see. Good work.
8)

Edit: The odd look of the pictures, (on my screen), might just be a result of my PC monitors settings and not your camera, now that I think about it. I have been messing around with it alot lately.
:oops:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Calypso Blue »

Don't worry, it will look great.

Should I post the edit without the fx? to show the scene?

CB
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

That guy looks like he 's bitten off more than he can chew :P

Anyway its look better and better with each update 8) :D Keep the excellent work up!
*When you're down... howl*
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Calypso Blue wrote:Don't worry, it will look great.

Should I post the edit without the fx? to show the scene?

CB
Hmmm..I bet some may want to check out the FX.

Ask what The Pack wants to see.

Mmmmm...spoilers. Image
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Yum :wink: can't wait to sink my teeth into them 8)
*When you're down... howl*
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Heh heh, nail file *chuckles* I can see what you mean now. I DO like the idea of them growing up under the human nail, splitting them and having them fall off and then growing out from there. It seems more natural that way.

*wiggles* I can't wait to see more! :D