DOMAIN NAME CHANGE COMING SOON!!

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:How about we just leave it the way it is. I like the domain name. Their can be nothing better.
I just think it would be nice if we had our own Domain, signifying us as our own entity, rather than forever being a hidden sub-set of Anthony's main page. ( Calypso Blue ).

www.longlivethepack.com allready belongs to Anthony, as it links to the concept header page.

We should really be " forums.longlivethepack.com " allready, rather than " www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf "

...but, whatever... :|
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

For some reason www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf seems catchier rather than forums.longlivethepack.com But I can deal with that change if its that URL.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:For some reason www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf seems catchier rather than forums.longlivethepack.com But I can deal with that change if its that URL.
But we are not PART of "Calypso Blue".

...we are just piggybacking on it's server space untill we get our own.

"Calypso Blue" is more or less Anthony's virtual Resume and plug for his visual arts and SFX services. It really does not make a whole lot of sense for our forum to be dirrectly connected to it like that.

Honestly, I had almost completely forgotten that was part of the pages url. I never, ever, ever type the url. I've had this forum page bookmarked since early 2005. I never even see the main splash page, and would never notice if it changed unless someone told me.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I know we are not part of Calypso Blue. I guess I'm just simply the kind of person that doesn't accept change that well. But like I said before, I wouldn't mind if we were forums.longlivethepack.com.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I know we are not part of Calypso Blue. I guess I'm just simply the kind of person that doesn't accept change that well. But like I said before, I wouldn't mind if we were forums.longlivethepack.com.
From the standpoint of Internet promotion and availability, keeping an older domain name tends to work best. For one thing, there will be tons of older links pointing to the original site, and we might miss new visitors/members that way.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Jamie wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I know we are not part of Calypso Blue. I guess I'm just simply the kind of person that doesn't accept change that well. But like I said before, I wouldn't mind if we were forums.longlivethepack.com.
From the standpoint of Internet promotion and availability, keeping an older domain name tends to work best. For one thing, there will be tons of older links pointing to the original site, and we might miss new visitors/members that way.
Very true, There are a few closed domains sites I tried to get into but couldnt cause the name was changed. But what we can do is add a link to the new domain name if someone tries to access the original domain name.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

This topic about teenwolf's car reminded me of this issue that remains unresolved.

Teenwolf had the foresight to put the url "www.longlivethepack.com" in his window instead of our current address "www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/" knowing that it will be changed eventually.

www.longlivethepack.com actually leads to this URL:

http://www.anthonybrownrigg.com/ThePack/

...which has a 'Message Boards' link that doesn't work, and most of the other links don't go anywhere either.

Now, I know Anthony doesn't have the free time to work on finalizing the NEW MainPage and features right now, but in the meantime, may I suggest that either:

A: - The "Forums" link be fixed so it, at least, works to lead curious browsers to the right place. ...or...

B: - Change it so instead of forwarding to the test page on anthonybrownrigg.com,
www.longlivethepack.com leads dirrectly to HERE, at www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/.

...it would at least be a small step in the right dirrection.

Plus, it would just look alot cooler if we were able to promote the site, and film, by sharing a more 'Legitimate' looking URL with our group name in it.
Hey! If you love werewolves, and want to hear all the latest news on this Awesome new Werewolf Movie called "Freeborn", you should come check it out, and join 'THE PACK' over here at:

www.longlivethepack.com
...can we fix this please?

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I dont mind changing the name to long live the pack. In fact i recomend that we do, its alot catchier.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I dont mind changing the name to long live the pack. In fact i recomend that we do, its alot catchier.
Right.

I have no idea how much trouble it would take to actually change the url's of the entire website, but I think it should not be too hard to at least change it so when you enter www.longlivethepack.com into the search bar, it automatically forwards you to either HERE or the MAIN PAGE.

Either Works.

As a bonus, by merely making it a forwarding address (for now), all old links would still work.

=^.^'= ~
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Vuldari wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I dont mind changing the name to long live the pack. In fact i recomend that we do, its alot catchier.
Right.

I have no idea how much trouble it would take to actually change the url's of the entire website, but I think it should not be too hard to at least change it so when you enter www.longlivethepack.com into the search bar, it automatically forwards you to either HERE or the MAIN PAGE.

Either Works.

As a bonus, by merely making it a forwarding address (for now), all old links would still work.
Strongly agreed. A defunct URL really causes outsiders to lose confidence in the project. At the very least, the forum link at longlivethepack.com ought to lead here and the other defunct links should lead to dummy pages that say "information will be coming soon."
Leaving it in its defunct state just makes the whole project seem unprofessional.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!