USERGROUPS

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

USERGROUPS

Post by Vuldari »

:?

...last option on the right at the top of the page...

What is it, is it cool, and if it is not something we are going to use, why is it there?

...it has been there since...Forever, but has remained about as useful as a Humans appendix.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

:?

I have no earthly idea what its for.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Remember back when we were talking about possibly setting up a Sanctuary for older members? We might have used the Usergroups to set that up. Here's how it probably would have worked:

First, a new usergroup would have been created (say, "The Sanctuary Group"). Then a few Pack members (who are active on at least a daily basis) would have been set up as moderators of that group.

The moderators' job would be to manage membership to the group. That is, if a Pack member requested membership, they would grant or deny the request based on whatever criteria was agreed upon for the group.

Finally, the Sanctuary section would be created and only made visible to members of that usergroup.

Essentially, it's just a way to group users (hence the name), but it can also be useful if certain groups are to have different attributes than normal (such as access to special sections of the forum).

-- Vilkacis
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

It would be so cool to have a like a special group of members that get like special ranks or something like that. Anybody agree :?
Proud member of The Pack
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Okami wrote:It would be so cool to have a like a special group of members that get like special ranks or something like that. Anybody agree :?
Most everyone wants to avoid special ranks to keep everyone in equal status.
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

Xiroteus wrote:
Okami wrote:It would be so cool to have a like a special group of members that get like special ranks or something like that. Anybody agree :?
Most everyone wants to avoid special ranks to keep everyone in equal status.
dang I always do better at something when I have a goal to strive for
Proud member of The Pack
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

If some of you want to start some usergroups, we could debate over it. Otherwise with usergroups, there isn't really a feature to give you a special rank if you are a part of a usergroup as it has to be done manually anyway (and no, we're not going to consider custom ranks). But really, I don't see anything wrong in creating more usergroups. I'll just wait for everyone else's further input...
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I think we should avoid usergroups, like Xiroteus said, I'd prefer it if everyone could be as equal as possible.
(Maybe someone could make a poll out of this?)
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

spongypants23 wrote:I think we should avoid usergroups, like Xiroteus said, I'd prefer it if everyone could be as equal as possible.
(Maybe someone could make a poll out of this?)
I can understand that but if its just usergroups no special things just groups i dont see how that would make people un equal. I think of it more as a way to find people that have similar interest faster like a group for people who truely believe in WWs for example
Proud member of The Pack
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

There's three different types of usergroups:
  • Open, which means anyone can join at their desire, thus it's never someone's choice on who can be in it and who can't.
  • Moderated, which means a group admin has to accept them into the group.
  • Hidden, which is completely not viewable by those who are not in the group
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Okami
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Okami »

takyoji wrote:There's three different types of usergroups:
  • Open, which means anyone can join at their desire, thus it's never someone's choice on who can be in it and who can't.
  • Moderated, which means a group admin has to accept them into the group.
  • Hidden, which is completely not viewable by those who are not in the group
I know I read the FAQs about usergroups before I would post here.
Proud member of The Pack