Members?

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Members?

Post by Silverclaw »

Hey, I was just thinking about our member numbers. On the memberlist, I see that just about 10 pages worth of people have a post count of '0'. And their are many who only posted once then left; things like that. Should we 'clean' out the memberlist?
The one negative thing I can think of though is executives or somebody looking at the lowered member count, and not give ABrownrigg as much freedom with Freeborn.
Dont know. Just an idea :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Members?

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Hey, I was just thinking about our member numbers. On the memberlist, I see that just about 10 pages worth of people have a post count of '0'. And their are many who only posted once then left; things like that. Should we 'clean' out the memberlist?
The one negative thing I can think of though is executives or somebody looking at the lowered member count, and not give ABrownrigg as much freedom with Freeborn.
Dont know. Just an idea :)

I was thinking about cleaning up the member list. But I noticed most of them are just lurkers.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Want to make it a rule that if you havent posted once or signed in in the six months after you join, your account gets deleted?
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Not that im saying its going to happen anytime soon,, but what if say someone happens to go out of town or overseas for an extended period of time, will my accnt get deleated or someone elses. :|
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Maybe give a warning before leaving then.
Hope a trip wouldnt have you internetless for half a year though! :o
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Silverclaw wrote:Maybe give a warning before leaving then.
Hope a trip wouldnt have you internetless for half a year though! :o
There has been an occasion were there was only reg "snail mail"

It really sucked............... very depressing....... but anyways i was just asking in an " just in case " like situation. :D
shawna
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

members?

Post by shawna »

I am one of those lurkers...I don't have a problem with people who are no longer around being deleted, but I check here everyday. I don't really have much to add...especially after reading what everyone else contributes. I enjoy the discussions and am extremely excited about this movie. I just haven't really seen what I can say that hasn't already been said. If the Pack is going to be cleaned up...then give a warning.
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

I would have to agree with what Kzinistzerg said, but then what if someone did go on a trip for half a year and or over the seas, but that would be impossible but then it could be possible. And if the person posted more then 200 posts then they could stay.

But if the person were to not sign in or post anything for more over 9 months I shall say I guess we could or (my opinion) to send them a warning message That there about to have there account Deleted if they do not come back and post in about a month.

But that would sound kinda harsh though, cause its like were forcing them to come back and post and all that. so thats all I got to say.
"lolis"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dont delete anyones account unless they have under 40 or 50 posts and hasnt returned to the forum in a half a year.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Actualy that won't work. I'm LDS(mormon) and in a year i probably be on a mission for two years. So that won't work for me.
THE GAME

My Armory
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Does it really hurt anything to leave them up? I would suggest against cleaning out the member list unless there's a good reason to. I can only see a few small advantages, but many possible disadvantages...

I think it would cause more trouble than it's worth.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:Does it really hurt anything to leave them up? I would suggest against cleaning out the member list unless there's a good reason to. I can only see a few small advantages, but many possible disadvantages...

I think it would cause more trouble than it's worth.

-- Vilkacis

And its a pain in the butt to go through and delete each one. It'll take hours.

I'm to lazy to do it anyways. :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

You should make a thing showing the last time someone logged on. Then delete those that haven't been used/logged on to in over a year
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Then just delete the ones that had zeros. Their are actually accounts that never made a single posts.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Yes but some of those people "lurk" around the forum.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

They can lurk around the forum even without an account. either they atleast put some post into it or participate even just a little, then theirs no point of them having an account.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fine why don't we private message them/send an email saying to private message a moderator, or their account will be deleted.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:They can lurk around the forum even without an account. either they atleast put some post into it or participate even just a little, then theirs no point of them having an account.
Sure there is, there's a whole bunch of data that gets saved by the board, such as display prefrences, and the time you last visited, which is used to display posts.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Additionally, some of these lurkers are active in manners of private messaging, among other things. Besides, in the cases of forums that I've lurked, where my account has been removed due to inactivity, I don't return.

It's kinda like having a door slammed in your face - no matter how polite the goodbye is.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

... NO, I meant if they've NEVER posted and NEVER come back to the site after their original registration. Lurkers come back. This would delete only the people who have obviously forgotten, since they haven't logged in for six months or ever posted.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ya, you moderators with you god like powers could do it in one fall swoop :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Powering Atlantis with Zero Post Energy modules

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd be a bit more careful about deleting accounts of those who actually posted, even only once. But, those who joined over a year ago with zero posts, I have no objection to deleting. I recommend keeping even the smallest posters because they're real people, and they help demonstrate our numbers and the interest generated.

I also oppose the idea of deleting inactive accounts. Suppose someone leaves for ages and wants to come back? Mormons go on two-year-long missions. There's the military. Or a five year mission with Starfleet. There's plenty of reasons for someone to be away for a very long time and want to come back. There's also the archival significance; I don't think we should delete any accounts by anyone who actually posted. Some day, some fifteen years from now, someone who made only two posts may want to look back and remember posting on that board that helped get the first Freeborn Trilogy started. I've gone back and looked at archives of posts I made more than ten years ago on alt.horror.werewolves, where the therianthropy movement first got its name. (Yes, I was there. I was "z_coolidgejs@ccsvax.sfasu.edu." Look me up on Google, and you'll find me stumbling along as a newbie, blundering crackpot science and grammatical errors.)

Accounts that were created by Spam-Bots should get axed.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

If they posted, it most likely should not be deleated. I'm really just thinking about the 10 pages or so of people who never posted even once. For them, you could just send an email asking if they still want their accounts to stay up or whatever. Like shawna for example. Doesnt post, but still lurks.
*shrugs*
Accounts that were created by Spam-Bots should get axed.
Agreed 100% :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Powering Atlantis with Zero Post Energy modules

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote: Accounts that were created by Spam-Bots should get axed.

I've been doing that. But its hard to tell which were created by bots. Not everyone fills out thier profile.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Powering Atlantis with Zero Post Energy modules

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote: Accounts that were created by Spam-Bots should get axed.
I've been doing that. But its hard to tell which were created by bots. Not everyone fills out thier profile.
Easy...if you see a SPAM message, and it is the only message attatched to the account, delete the account along with the Spam Messages.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~