What is it with...

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

What is it with...

Post by Morkulv »

... that godawfull annoying 'Figarou'-wolf everywere? It seems to be infecting the site everywere, and now it even appears in the header! I don't have any problems with characters and all, but I feel if like I've entered Figarou's personal fecking homepage or something... Can you please edit this? Or perhaps give the choise to not view it in the layout?

If you think I'm bitching too much, then just ignore this post.

:D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well, I understand the post, and its certainly not something to ignore, as I've heard this before.. but I'll remind everyone now.. that the figarou art that is ALL over the site.. is only there beause many folks did not mail me any art to put in the web site.. some did.. and some wil be incorporated.. but Fig was there.. easy to put in, and I had to put in something at the time..

So.. Im working on making things in the forum header that will rotate various artwords instead of just having one pic..

now, that being said.. Fig has done a lot for all of us over time.. So.. while he is 'temporarily' highlighted on this as a placeholder pic.. lets let him have his fifteen minutes.. Everyone else will also get their shot too.. :) And fig has worked hard enough on this forum to deserve even some 'temp' recognition in my personal opinion.. :)

And I will remind everyone that while all this is going on.. if you really really liked the last layout of the site, you can go into your profile now and select it.. brsf style.. and the boards will display like they used to.. :)

AB
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Heh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Nothing against Figarou though, just to say that. I'm just a little bit crazed with all these Fig-characters around here. :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I didnt know we had to email the pictures to AB.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes, there is a topic about that somewhere, if I remember correctly.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I didnt know we had to email the pictures to AB.
Morkulv wrote:Yes, there is a topic about that somewhere, if I remember correctly.
Hunh? What Pictures...what are you guys talking about?

Anyway, yeah...

I mentioned the same thing very early on when the new look was first introduced. I have nothing against Figarou, and acknowledge the contributions he has made to this community and website, but this is not his personal web-forum...he is still but one of it's members...and yet, he (or rather, his avatar) is on the header, and displayed in the "Explanation of the Duckies" section on the main page, and it certainly is making it look like that is exactly what this place is.

I made a suggestion before that perhaps we should create an Official Pack Mascot of some kind to fill in those spaces. An image or a character that represents all of us that is appropriately anonymous.

Figarou already has www.figarou.com and his own personal sub-forum on Werewolf Cafe.

Again...The Pack just wouldn't be the same without him...but at the same time, there IS such a thing as 'too much Figarou'.
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: What is it with...

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:... that godawfull annoying 'Figarou'-wolf everywere? It seems to be infecting the site everywere, and now it even appears in the header! I don't have any problems with characters and all, but I feel if like I've entered Figarou's personal fecking homepage or something... Can you please edit this? Or perhaps give the choise to not view it in the layout?

Gee whiz...now I feel like an annoyance. :(

From the beginning, I was chosen to be administrator. I didn't show any credentials. All I had was the highest post count, edited those wolf smilies, and started a tossing rubber duckies craze. Heh..I bet it was the tossing of rubber duckies that got me the job. *grins* Other Pack members even suggested I should be an admin.

I woke up the next morning and found this thread.
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... .php?t=512

Sooooo....it begins.

I did my best to keep everyone happy. I provided more wolf smilies and kept everyone entertained while we wait on Freeborn's progress. ABrownrigg told me I "represent the Pack" Hmmm....maybe I should be called the "Pack Representative" instead. Did ABrownrigg make the right choice in picking me? From what he said in the post above.....it looks like he DID make the right choice.

I'm not looking for fame. To be "Mr. popular." I'm here to help. There are other things I did that I like to take credit for. But I want that to stay hidden. Why? Well....I don't want others to be jealous at me. I wasn't expecting my character to be up in the corner of this forum. I KNEW others wouldn't like it. 15 minutes of fame can either "make you" or "break you."

When it comes to the forum itself, Lupin has been a BIG help. He helped with the modifications. Sure wish he had the time to bring mods from the old board to the new one.

Morkulv wrote:Heh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Nothing against Figarou though, just to say that. I'm just a little bit crazed with all these Fig-characters around here. :lol:

That character is the 1st I ever created. And I'm very proud of him. I made sure he was easily recognizable no matter who draws him. Since werewolves are known to attack people for no reason, (according to Hollywood ) why not have fun by having my character attack by tossing rubber duckies instead. :D

I'm glad most of you like my presence here. I know there are some that hates what I've done here. I'm just trying to have a good time. To keep everyone happy. I achieved that in many ways.

I'm happy if ya'll are happy. :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I do somewhat feel like Im in Figarou's message boards instead of The packs message boards.
But there is no other person I rather be as the adminastrator than Figarou, he did so much for the pack. Im really proud of him. Im glad I joined here and met him before he became an Admin.

Persoanly I would like it if the banner were to change every time you refresh the screen. Is that possible?
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I didnt know we had to email the pictures to AB.
Morkulv wrote:Yes, there is a topic about that somewhere, if I remember correctly.
Hunh? What Pictures...what are you guys talking about?
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=3708
Vuldari wrote: Anyway, yeah...

I mentioned the same thing very early on when the new look was first introduced. I have nothing against Figarou, and acknowledge the contributions he has made to this community and website, but this is not his personal web-forum...he is still but one of it's members...and yet, he (or rather, his avatar) is on the header, and displayed in the "Explanation of the Duckies" section on the main page, and it certainly is making it look like that is exactly what this place is.

I made a suggestion before that perhaps we should create an Official Pack Mascot of some kind to fill in those spaces. An image or a character that represents all of us that is appropriately anonymous.

When it comes to having a wolf/werewolf as a "mascot," there is still a strong chance it'll look like someone else's character.

Changes will soon be made where a different character will appear when you reload/refresh the page.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Gee whiz...now I feel like an annoyance. :(
Aw jeez...don't feel like that Figarou...Image

It's not YOU that is bothering me here. ...it is just that the website is feeling oversaturated with the visage of your avatar, and I can't help but feel that this creates a belittling mood for the rest of us, and puts you up on a high-and-mighty pedestal for all to see that I get the impression that you don't necessarily want to be standing on either.

...plus...your character becomes gradually less and less fun to look at after staring at it for hours on end, day after day every time I log on.

It's much more fun when the sudden appearance of your character is something special.

"...Hey...IT'S FIGAROU!!!..." Image

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I completely forgot that!! Argh! Im so mad!!I bet its too late.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote: Hunh? What Pictures...what are you guys talking about?
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=3708
Oh...okay. Image
Figarou wrote:When it comes to having a wolf/werewolf as a "mascot," there is still a strong chance it'll look like someone else's character.
...Like everyone and like no-one...

A semi-generic Werewolf Character with a color scheme that matches the basic grays of the default 'Lil-Wuffers' Wolf Smilies I think might be Perfect. So common that it looks like Everyones Werewolf characters, but none specifically...

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah I agree. Plus you have no idea how many werewolf characters that peopel create that looks like someone eleses.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg plans on having on the character change to another when you reload the page. I like that idea better.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

That was my idea. I pm him about that because I remeber Lupin did that with hes avatar.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:That was my idea. I pm him about that because I remeber Lupin did that with hes avatar.

All what Lupin needs to do is give him the code for that to happen. Unless ABrownrigg already knows what to do. All he needs is more werewolf pics from you guys.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I got a couple, I just wish another one can be colored.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I think that since the bar is supposed to represent the pack that it should randomly select a pack member's avitar to appear up there.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:
Morkulv wrote:... that godawfull annoying 'Figarou'-wolf everywere? It seems to be infecting the site everywere, and now it even appears in the header! I don't have any problems with characters and all, but I feel if like I've entered Figarou's personal fecking homepage or something... Can you please edit this? Or perhaps give the choise to not view it in the layout?

Gee whiz...now I feel like an annoyance. :(

believe me your not Fig. :|
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Fenrir wrote:I think that since the bar is supposed to represent the pack that it should randomly select a pack member's avitar to appear up there.
But then again that would mean that a random 1983 Audi Quattro would appear every now and then :)
<---------------------------------------------------------------l
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

So, it's a face of the pack :D
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Ooo I like the whole avatar thing.. hmmm.. I'll see how I can make that work.

AB
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

geekboy1500 wrote:
Fenrir wrote:I think that since the bar is supposed to represent the pack that it should randomly select a pack member's avitar to appear up there.
But then again that would mean that a random 1983 Audi Quattro would appear every now and then :)
<---------------------------------------------------------------l
That's not so bad... half the places I visit at the moment, my current avatar is a Dalek with a Santa Claus hat on.

I don't mind seeing Fig's character up there for the time being... better than anything I could think up anyway (which is probably why I'm not a web designer...)

The only problem I see with the site at the moment is a few typos in various places, but I'm not being picky about them because as far as I know the place is still being built... time enough for fixing typos later.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: Aw jeez...don't feel like that Figarou...Image

It's not YOU that is bothering me here. ...it is just that the website is feeling oversaturated with the visage of your avatar, and I can't help but feel that this creates a belittling mood for the rest of us, and puts you up on a high-and-mighty pedestal for all to see that I get the impression that you don't necessarily want to be standing on either.

My werewolf character is in a corner of a forum of all places. Am I going to be rich and famous because of it? Hmmm? Why must people show jealousy because of it? My werewolf character up in the corner, and my position here doesn't mean I own this forum. I'm not sitting on a high-and-mighty pedestal. "The Pack" is its own entity. We are ALL part of it!!

Vuldari wrote: ...plus...your character becomes gradually less and less fun to look at after staring at it for hours on end, day after day every time I log on.

It's much more fun when the sudden appearance of your character is something special.

"...Hey...IT'S FIGAROU!!!..." Image

If you compare MY werewolf character to one of Goldenwolf's werewolf characters, you'll notice that hers is all over the internet. People use hers as avatars in other forums. In "Myspace." And in those questions you answer to find out what type of werewolf character you are. "You are a such and such werewolf" (Insert Goldenwolf's werewolf here) Her werewolves is on T-shirts. Its everywhere!! Am I jealous? No. I'm a full grown adult that appreciates fine art.

How come mine is less fun to look at? Its not ALL over the internet. :(

My werewolf character means SO much to me. Why? Because its something "I" created. Now people are thinking he is an eye sore because he is up in the corner of this forum.
Last edited by Figarou on Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

(smiles softly)

Well, it would seem that this post is going nowhere fast. :) I would like to make a public statement, that any concerns, or criticisms on the website should be directed solely at myself. I listen. :) Figarou was kind enough to give me lots of art to work with for design styles, and I used them. I think everyone makes valid points, as to why they would like some variance as to the characters represented here. Which ultimately isnt a slight at figarou, but the continued attempts to 'explain' why the figarou images are an issue, is somehow 'turning it into an issue', and therefore making it non-productive.

So, heres the deal. The images of figarou are here because he was pro-active in giving me art to work with. Not because I am in love with figarou. (sorry fig) ;) And not because I feel that figarou is the most important pack member. The art was made available to me with all permissions granted. That will change when I get the time, and the other images up.

And figarou. I also understand vuldari's comments. When I first saw X-Men, I was like 'WHOA.. AWESOME".. Now that I've seen it about three dozen times.. Im like. 'eh.. yeah.. xmen, okay.. been there done that".. Nothing personal to you, I can assure you that. Everyone here respects and cares about what you've done.. and sometime I think trying to 'explain' that again and again can come off in the opposite way.

But things on the site are evolving, so thank you all for your comments, and anything else, lets send design 'concerns' that 'might' lead to this kind of thread.. directly to me instead. :) Being as im in charge of all that stuff at the moment. mmmmkay?

And Figarou, look at it this way, at least you're not one of the leads in the movie. Folks will see me in the film and eventally get sick of my face too.. :) It's the price of fame!! :D

AB