REGISTRATION now restricted due to spam.

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

outwarddoodles wrote:As much as having to wait to be admin confirmed on forums annoys me, I think this was the right choice; I'm very surprised on the high amount of Spam bots that have been finding their way here -- (however they do find us, I have no idea.) I guess all we can do is make what protective measures we can and thank the Admins' diligence.
After the lockdown, I had to change my e-mail and called Fig to see if he was availible to reactivate me. (Thank you for that Fig.) He got on, and AB already did it. That's wicked fast. At a rate of three new people per day (2 out of 3 are probobly spambots), the admins we have can activate a person within 12 hours tops.

In regards to Fig's deactivating mods, I can agree that at the moment that four moderators is more than needed. But after Freeborn is released, no doubt the traffic will grow exponentially. May as well give new moderators some time to warm up for the real challenge ahead. Not everyone has previous forum moderator experiance.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Kaebora wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:As much as having to wait to be admin confirmed on forums annoys me, I think this was the right choice; I'm very surprised on the high amount of Spam bots that have been finding their way here -- (however they do find us, I have no idea.) I guess all we can do is make what protective measures we can and thank the Admins' diligence.
After the lockdown, I had to change my e-mail and called Fig to see if he was availible to reactivate me. (Thank you for that Fig.) He got on, and AB already did it. That's wicked fast. At a rate of three new people per day (2 out of 3 are probobly spambots), the admins we have can activate a person within 12 hours tops.

In regards to Fig's deactivating mods, I can agree that at the moment that four moderators is more than needed. But after Freeborn is released, no doubt the traffic will grow exponentially. May as well give new moderators some time to warm up for the real challenge ahead. Not everyone has previous forum moderator experiance.
And exactly why are you so needed? Joker has been doing her best to keep fights from breaking out. The spam is gone, what is your job?

I am an administrator of my own forum, so yes, I do indeed have experience. I think you need to get over yourself. You are not as important as you seem to believe.
Last edited by PariahPoet on Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

My gripe is that nobody paid me the courtesy of keeping me informed. It's degrading to be kicked down without notice.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

PariahPoet wrote:My gripe is that nobody paid me the courtesy of keeping me informed. It's degrading to be kicked down without notice.
wow thats messed up actually :|
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

well I Im not trying to be rude or get on anyone sides, but Kaebora isnt on as often as a moderator should, he really isnt that active, we need mods that comes to the forum 2 to 3 times a day and checks up on things especialy since Fig is getting a job where he wont always be here.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm on twice a day. Until reciently I have often been in "hidden" status. I have moved numerous threads, and stopped a few disputes in the last month. I read this forum more than post in it. I typically have little to say.

I am not opposed to keeping all 4 moderators as it were. I SAID that we will need more moderators soon, and I made clear my logic in why to keep you both. PariahPoet, you need to stop acting like I'm attacking you, and REALLY need to stop inderectly claiming that I'm an overconfident elitest. I said nothing to provoke such an overtly slanderous response from anyone. You've been acting this way towards me since that needless debate in January. I haven't condoned myself to be in a debate in this forum since.

Seriously, what did I do to suddenly get pelted with stones? I have been nothing but sencere, and get insults in return? I also disagree with Fig over booting out moderators without notice. If I was booted as well, I may have been a bit irritated, but not so worried. For me it would just mean that the purpose was already served. If you wonder why he kept me, ask him yourself. I'd like to know as well. As far as I know I had nothing to do with it. I'm not saying all this to start a debate. I'm just stating what I know.

If either of you want to discuss this further, I can give you my cell number upon request. It seems that typed words do little justice. My voice in this is entirely calm and polite in tone. In any case, I'm not the one to complain to. Lets not discuss this here anymore. At least I wont. Just know that I have nothing against either of you. I just don't like being insulted.

In my opinion, Fig should reinstate both of you back into Mod status. It's not my call though.
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Kaebora wrote:Just know that I have nothing against either of you. I just don't like being insulted.

In my opinion, Fig should reinstate both of you back into Mod status. It's not my call though.
Yeah, guess what. Neither did I in that"needless" debate. You were hateful to many of us for no reason, and I don't hide the fact that I severely dislike you because of those comments.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kaebora wrote:I'm on twice a day. Until reciently I have often been in "hidden" status. I have moved numerous threads, and stopped a few disputes in the last month. I read this forum more than post in it. I typically have little to say.
Ahh well now I see.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

All I can say about that incident is that in my own honest point of view, it was all a heavy case of misunderstanding. I only said that I had reasons not to be cutting. Those reasons were turned around as if I were saying that everyone else didn't have the same reasons. I DO NOT insinuate in forums. I mean everything as it is typed. I don't hide meanings. If you read my posts with a calm tone, you would realize I had no intent to insult anyone. I refuse to comment on this further in public. I'm not going to publicly humiliate you or myself by continueing this feud that I want no part of.
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Nobody accidentally offends several people that badly. Once one person gets mad, a normal person backs off.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Practice what you preach, woman.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Sorry, but when someone offends me the gloves come off. I feel free to be as hateful as I want to people who repeatedly insult me.

I absolutely will not intentionally hurt someone unless they made the first move, but once they have I do not feel the need to restrain myself. Normally I can cool down and put up with someone after such an incident, but the fact that you are still claiming to be completely innocent and that it was all my fault keeps that from happening. You were hateful and insensitive to me, Joker, and Z and still don't seem to think you did anything wrong. At least I admit that I have a tendency to over-react when someone ruffles my feathers.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Ok, Kaebora made the first move in an attempt to resolve this in pm. I am trying to cool down and be a little more rational about this now as well. I am still not happy, but at least I know now he did not intend to come off the way he did in that topic. And I should never have brought that up while I was still upset about something else.

*not to self* One issue at a time!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:My gripe is that nobody paid me the courtesy of keeping me informed. It's degrading to be kicked down without notice.

oh my...sorry. :(

I was thinking that you may not want the mod status since there will be no spam to delete.

But if you want to be one again...let me know. If not...I'm leaving it up to you. I may need help later on down the road. :wink:

Shadow Wulf wrote:Well Im willing to take that responsiblitity.

Ok....you got it.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Yeah. Me and Pariah are cool now. I was also at fault for the ordeal. As a mod I should know better. I apoligize to the entire Pack.

I vouch for both of them to be turned back into mods, but its all up to Fig.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:
I vouch for both of them to be turned back into mods, but its all up to Fig.

It shouldn't be up to me. It needs to be their choice.

The way I see it...its kinda like sending a soldier to war. Maybe that person didn't want to go. In fact...nobody wants to go to war.

A mod has many responsibilities. I wasn't sure if either one want to keep the mod status since there is no spam to delete.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Figarou wrote:
oh my...sorry. :(

I was thinking that you may not want the mod status since there will be no spam to delete.

No worries, I was a bit put out for a bit, but you have plenty of other stuff to worry about right now. And you're right, I don't want to be a mod if there is nothing for me to do. I'd feel useless. :P I appreciate the offer to restore my status, but right now I think I'll stay where I am. It's pointless to be a mod if you don't really have anything to do. And I think I need to take some time to try and reign in this temper and super-sensitivity of mine.

Kaebora wrote:Yeah. Me and Pariah are cool now. I was also at fault for the ordeal. As a mod I should know better. I apoligize to the entire Pack.
Yeah, I think we've gotten things ironed out in pm. The whole thing was just one big dumb mess. I was mis-interpreting his tone, so in turn he couldn't understand why I was so upset. I think we both just caught eachother on the wrong day. :P But he explained what he really intended by his posts and I explained why I was upset, So yes, we've come to an understanding. My apologies to the Pack as well for over-reacting and turning this minor issue into such a mess.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

And now I owe her a restraunt lunch the next time we meet. :| Heh. :D (I want to do it anyways. Everyone's invited.)
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Fried rice and Pocky! :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:Fried rice and Pocky! :lol:

Is Pocky the side dish? Or dessert? :wink:
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

It's the main course! lck :pocky:
Last edited by Kaebora on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Main course of course! :lol:

Fried rice is just a snack!
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

ya'll need cookies and milk, as much as I like to see you "talk" about problems that really have no concern to us lowbies, and as much fun as the drama that should have been talked about it seems long ago when tempers were fresh, letting an egg spoil rotten is no good and quite frankly ruins great appetites for many.....

what ever anger you have for one another I am sure you were friends 'before' what ever happened or else you wouldn't let it stew for so long... so kiss and make up or move on or at least have a 'talk' over a classified section....

None of my business really and i COULD just not read what ever you guys post, but honestly I wish to lock you all in a room and make you all have a swat at each other til the heat dies down, or hell use a scape goat to release your frustrations....

-gives all cookies-
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

A scapegoat is a bad idea, especially if it's a forum member. That person would be quite hurt. But things are resolved, and I hope it stays that way for all of us.

And I wouldn't call you a "lowbie". I like to quote "Full Metal Jacket" in this kind of situation.
"We are ALL equally worthless!"
I mean that playfullly of course. :D It's just such a redundant saying. We're all Pack Members. Some just have work to do like admins and mods. Not much different from you though.
Last edited by Kaebora on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kaebora
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

:) no worries I just hope i didn't come off as offensive rofl and full metal jacket is an awesome movie!! :D
*edit* and yes a scapegoat would probably be a very bad idea -side glance- blame it on the sheep ;)
I'm Crazy Deal With It!