New layout

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.

Make a new design, or use the current one?

New design!
41%
Use the one we currently have (the "old" one)!
59%

Total votes: 17

takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

New layout

Post by takyoji »

Since the forum is being upgraded, the layout needs to be redone. Either we could remake the one we currently have for the new forum, or make a new and better layout.

So, what are somethings you'd like to see in the new layout? And what are some of your critiques of the current one?
Or should we just remake the one we currently use?

Hint: Areas of suggestions/critiques would be: colors, images, layout(where links are and such), fonts, etc.
Last edited by takyoji on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

we need to send out a small message to the few who know about this forum and ask them to forword it to anyone they know that would feel at home here. :| but thats just me. :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Personally, i think it would be nice to keep something similar to this one.
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

NOO, let's give it a new look, we can keep the symbol and that stuff
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

The "old" design is rather unique to us- I'd prefer we keep it; plus the white on black lettering is very easy to read.

Let's keep what we got.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I like the way it looks now personally.

Though it would be kind of cool to have a picture on the top right or something. Different pic/drawing when refreshed maybe. When this message board was new AB sort of started that, but some didn't like how it was just one picture all the time. Would need a diverse amount of werewolfy pictures...
Meh, just an idea
:D
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Keep in mind that transferring the current design to the new forum isn't just copy/paste. It has to be recoded since it's read in a different format and plus additional things will have to be added for the new features.

And when I meant "New layout", I don't mean something that has to be completely different in color, layout, and such. It can still closely resemble the current one. I just figured I'd remake it from scratch and make it look very similar to this template with a few changes. Don't worry as I will post images or post a link to a sample forum with the future layout. The forum isn't going to be transferred to the newer version until the layout is agreed on as well as the functionality.

Otherwise in the aspects of having a changing image in the top, first off we'd need the desired picures. After that it might have to be made in Flash or something (I know it sounds stupid to have it operated by Flash, otherwise might use a Javascript).

And as of the completion of the template, I'm going to post images of it's progress and listen to some critique about it so that it's made the way that everyone would like it as (instead of working on it once and using something that not everyone likes). Also keep in mind that I won't be able to get the template done for a bit(maybe more than 5 days, not sure) since I'm still working on a bot for anti-username-theft for the IRC, and it does take a while to properly (and cleanly) code a layout. And also in the fact that I've spent most of my winter break on stuff for The Pack, and I return from winter break on January 3, which means less time for me to do all of this.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

This current design is actually only a year old (from when we moved from the old URL to this one). Since it's still very new, I think it would be fine to keep it.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I know that phpBB lets a user choose the forum design/layout. How about keeping the old layout, as well as creating a new one for those who want some change?
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't give a poop, so you can make a new one for all I care. Then there would be at least one thing keeping this forum from going in a downward spiral again.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Don't change... (looks up at full moon) Don't change! Argh!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I like the look we have now. If we change the look, it should be because of improvements rather than just for the sake of diddling with things.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I really would like for us to transfer the layout (both of them) to the new forum, or atleast make it look similar, if we cant then the new forum is a no go for me.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I like this look, but a changing werewolfy picture would be nice.