Things here that wish would change or improve.

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Things here that wish would change or improve.

Post by Silent Hunter »

NOTE: This is not a chance to bash other members. Please refrain from doing so.

With all the furry cufuffle recently here i thought it would be nice to have a thread where people can wish hopes for change or improvement.

So, what do you wish would change or improve on this site. :howl:  :oo
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

I think people sometimes takes things too seriously and, that can generate problems, I'd like people to relax, after all it's holiday season.

Happy New Year btw.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I'm hoping werewolves become real! :P
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

Kzinistzerg wrote:I'm hoping werewolves become real! :P
Werewolves to become real? *does a toothly little grin* But what if werewolves already exist and you didn't notice? :wink:
Or um, *cough*, it's not like I am one or anything >.> <.<
Silent Hunter wrote:So, what do you wish would change or improve on this site.
If you mean in the aspects of the people on here, then I would like to see people not using the harsher swear words in their posts when it's entirely unnecessary. It's all I ask. I personally don't mind swearing, but when someone stupidly throws in several in one sentence or says things that causes disturbing images, them I'm against it.

Otherwise if anyone has ideas for improvements for the website, then by all means suggest them (in a different thread would be best). Ask and you shall most likely receive.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I wish the threads could be minimized ( as i've said before. there are too many sub-categories, thus, i miss certain posts because I just don'thave time to go diving through 20-30 different categories
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Problem with Minimizing threads is that any member can start one. That makes minimizing rather hard to do. Try looking at the post date, over the name of the most recent poster to the particular forum. That's what I do, since the light-ups on the left side of the scren don't always work.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I'm just saying. ANY and all art topics can go in ONE ART section. FREEBORN topics can go in ONE freeborn section. You could really minimize and reduce the need to search soooo many threads.
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

MattSullivan wrote:I'm just saying. ANY and all art topics can go in ONE ART section. FREEBORN topics can go in ONE freeborn section. You could really minimize and reduce the need to search soooo many threads.
That's one of the features with phpBB 3 that's going to stop that.

Basically we can have main categories, then subcategories. You can either view all the posts from one specific subcategory, or you can look at all the posts in one main categories and in all it's subcategories at the same time. So then you'll only have to look through about 4-6 main categories rather than looking through 42 seperate categories one-by-one like it's currently set up.

And you can set it to send you emails when new topics/replies are made in a specific category/subcategory as well, so you won't even need to check the forum to see if anythings new in your favorite categories/boards.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I find it easiest to click on " View posts since last visit" to make sure nothing is missed.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Xiroteus wrote:I find it easiest to click on " View posts since last visit" to make sure nothing is missed.
That's doing things the right way: that's cheating! :P :lol:
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

takyoji wrote:That's one of the features with phpBB 3 that's going to stop that.

Basically we can have main categories, then subcategories. You can either view all the posts from one specific subcategory, or you can look at all the posts in one main categories and in all it's subcategories at the same time. So then you'll only have to look through about 4-6 main categories rather than looking through 42 seperate categories one-by-one like it's currently set up.

And you can set it to send you emails when new topics/replies are made in a specific category/subcategory as well, so you won't even need to check the forum to see if anythings new in your favorite categories/boards.
Whoops, I guess I should choke back on that statement. I just tested it on the sample forum and I guess it just lists the subcategories, not all the posts that are in the subcategories. Thus it's pretty much the same, I guess. :P
So yea, just use "View posts since last visit" as Xiroteus suggested. Stupid me. :lol:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

MattSullivan wrote:I'm just saying. ANY and all art topics can go in ONE ART section. FREEBORN topics can go in ONE freeborn section. You could really minimize and reduce the need to search soooo many threads.
Exactly. There are too many forum sections. Minimizing is a big chore sometimes since Admins have to sort through hundreds of threads and move each one to the appropriate place.

As things are now, the Non-Werewolf art is hardly ever getting responses in comparision to the Werewolf art section. Some members have resorted to posting all their stuff in the Werewolf section to get noticed. In regards to Art threads as an example, yes that doesnt need more than maybe one or two sections. For the individual films being worked on here, those deserve their own sections.

What would be a good idea is to eliminate the sections that have fewer than 25 threads in them, or havent been posted in for months.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Sounds like a plan: I nominate Kaebora for the task! :lol:

(I know-he's too busy right now. We could take turns consolidating things, using Kae's basic rule of: Under 25 threads or no posts in 6 months.)

That's something everybody can do. AND...let's roll in the old ART threads as well.