Alter the Pack Ranking

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.

Should we implement this (see post below)?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:30 pm

No -- it's already perfect the way it is.
5%
Yes -- looks good.
53%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
No votes
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
21%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
No votes
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
No votes
II and III.
5%
Other (please specify)
16%

Total votes: 19

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I would agree with Vuldari. I don't like him because he has a higher post count than me, but because of his imput, such as what he has written. More so this comes to our own, whether I deciede to like Vuldari or not, it won't be given in some sort of rank right there, but as though in my mind whether I will note him, or anyone else, or not.

The pack ranking also does not determine ones personality. Vuldari puts in good imput, but doesn't goof as much as Fig. Doesn't mean because omeone has more they goof more or someone has less doesn't.

(Its a wolf! Finally when does the rat come up in the Harry Potter 3? I guess the wolf looks decent, yet weird.)

I'd imagine just keep the scale as it is currently, and not to take it seriously. Quality over Quantity.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote: The pack ranking also does not determine ones personality. Vuldari puts in good imput, but doesn't goof as much as Fig. Doesn't mean because omeone has more they goof more or someone has less doesn't.

Hey...I put good input!!! .....................Sometimes. :oops:
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

*looks at her sad 94 posts* And what about us who have been here from the second day this board came into existence, who come to this board EVERY day, yet only post when we feel we have something to say? The ranking system isn't fair to those of us like me.

Just curious as to where I fit in to all of this.
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Goldenwolf wrote:*looks at her sad 94 posts* And what about us who have been here from the second day this board came into existence, who come to this board EVERY day, yet only post when we feel we have something to say? The ranking system isn't fair to those of us like me.

Don't look at me. I didn't come up with this new ranking system.
Stormdancer
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Stormdancer »

Short and to the point.

I do not like this at all. There should be no pack ranking system...at least not one based on post count. I agree with Goldie...what about us who only post when we have something to say? We've been with the Pack pretty much from the beginning. So we are't important enough because we only speak when something is worth saying?

Anyone can post crap and filler....but people like us only post when we have something worthwhile to say.

There is a big difference between talking and discussing.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Goldenwolf wrote:*looks at her sad 94 posts* And what about us who have been here from the second day this board came into existence, who come to this board EVERY day, yet only post when we feel we have something to say? The ranking system isn't fair to those of us like me.

Exactly.

Compared to GoldenWolf, I'm just another goofball...yet another topic derailer. I have a higher post count and therefore a higher rank...but I don't think anyone would argure that I have contributed MORE to the Pack that Goldenwolf.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Exactly.

Compared to GoldenWolf, I'm just another goofball...yet another topic derailer. I have a higher post count and therefore a higher rank...but I don't think anyone would argure that I have contributed MORE to the Pack that Goldenwolf.

I know I made some contributions.

I'm also helping out with the forum when ABrownrigg is not around.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:I know I made some contributions.

Relax Fig...I don't think anyone here has been taking a stab at you. You contribute to the pack in your own way, and I appreciate everything you have done here.

"The Pack" just would not be the same without Figarou.
:missed: :duckie :fishtoss: :duckbomb: :jester: :cyborg3: :knockedout: :cop: :party: :roflmao:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:I know I made some contributions.

Relax Fig...I don't think anyone here has been taking a stab at you. You contribute to the pack in your own way, and I appreciate everything you have done here.

"The Pack" just would not be the same without Figarou.
:missed: :duckie :fishtoss: :duckbomb: :jester: :cyborg3: :knockedout: :cop: :party: :roflmao:

:behappy:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

(walks in casually to view the mayhem)..
hmmm.. Ranking system huh?

Well, The numbers in the ranking system was set up the way it was originally due to the fact that I could not possibly fathom that anyone would post more than a few times here.

Yeah, uhm, well, aher.. wrong on that one.

So, let's look at this systematically. There are those that could care less about ranking.. Those we can put aside..

Then we have those that are already legendary, and have been for a long time.. No problem with them, the scale could shift upwards of a thousand posts and they would STILL be legendary or whatever the top rank became. So we can put them aside too.

It seem those left are the ones that have a moderate to large amount of posts who care about ranking and stand to lose ranking if the scale shifts upwards.

So, if those are the people that stand to lose, and no one really stands to gain. Is there really a necessity to change the ranking system?

Ranks as far as this board are concerned really have no relevance other than to be cute, from a logistical standpoint. You dont' get bonuses, moderator privilages, or cash prizes, just the ability to say my rank is higher.

Goldie has a point, there are those that have been here forever, and don't post a whole lot, but are just as important as those that post ten thousand posts of 'I agree', or 'cooooll', as the message.

I have never wanted to put a lot of focus on rank for this reason. The system itself is flawed, I only put graphic and stuff in there because the PHP had it set up anway, and I didn't know how to turn it off..

But it's on now, and I think things are fine.. As long as we all realize that one post can change the course of eternity, just as much as 20 posts can. People is people, wolves is wolves, and ducks are ducks, and I'm getting a headache, time for my nap.

So in other words, if you're legendary, and want to come up with some kind of neato new numbers game. Go for it, we'll post a link. And let everyone start from zero. Keep your dedication to the pack, which means all members are equally important.

Except me of coruse, I'm alpha, I rule.... BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!!!!! (evil music, and dancing midget werewolves enter)
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Hahaha, midget werewolves... :o

Umm, I guess I missed the chance to actually weigh in on this. :( Oh well. I am glad someone decided to revamp the system, though.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote: Goldie has a point, there are those that have been here forever, and don't post a whole lot, but are just as important as those that post ten thousand posts of 'I agree', or 'cooooll', as the message.
I agree. :D

ABrownrigg wrote: I have never wanted to put a lot of focus on rank for this reason. The system itself is flawed, I only put graphic and stuff in there because the PHP had it set up anway, and I didn't know how to turn it off..
Well, not putting any info in the ranking system won't show up when people post.

ABrownrigg wrote:Except me of coruse, I'm alpha, I rule.... BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!!!!! (evil music, and dancing midget werewolves enter)

Dancing miget werewolves?

Oh look, they're green!!!

Ooompa loompas with lycanthropy!! :o
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Oh I don't mind loosing my legendary status too much. I've been kicking myself for being so absent for a long time anyway, so it's my own fault I haven't kept up my posts, and this does give me some incentive to at least check to see if there are some interesting conversations going on daily.

Besides, I very much want to get at least back in the top 10 posters group. I'd say, "i WILL be number 1 AGAIN!" but with how some people post *looks at Fig* it ain't gonna happen. :wink:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote: I'd say, "i WILL be number 1 AGAIN!" but with how some people post *looks at Fig* it ain't gonna happen. :wink:

Heh, sorry...I can't get enough of this place. :howl:  :oo
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

*dangles a steak on a string in front of Fig*

Yes, well, you are getting hungry, very very hungry, you will go to the nearest Denny's and eat eggs until you're sent to the hospital with somanella poisening.... yes... very very hungry.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:*dangles a steak on a string in front of Fig*

Yes, well, you are getting hungry, very very hungry, you will go to the nearest Denny's and eat eggs until you're sent to the hospital with somanella poisening.... yes... very very hungry.
*walks into a Denny's*

Human--"Oh no!!! Werewolf!! And he has duckies!!"

*people starts running out of Denny's*

Figarou-- "Hey, where is everybody going?" :?
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

and once again my plan is foiled by prejudicial fear, comedy and duckies.

DARN YOU DUCKIES! I WILL GET YOU!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Quite apparently as Goldie has said, post numbers do not make you any better. In the therianthropy forum we have Uath, has around 90 posts. Been there since the begining, and only posts on certain discussions. Yet we love 'em, Uath always puts in great imput.
Except me of coruse, I'm alpha, I rule.... BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH!!!!!!! (evil music, and dancing midget werewolves enter)
Yep, you really need the fore mentioned nap right now.

Edit*
I'd also like to add Sidian, who made a long introductory post but had left after the second one.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."