New rank or old.

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.

Which one?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:05 pm

The new one.
18%
The old one.
No votes
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
55%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
27%

Total votes: 11

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm a legend tonight! Gonna make you feel right!... (Obscure KISS song.)

The almost-main problem with a ranking based on useful contributions, aside from the risks of politicking and making people feel bad--which would be the main problem--is that doing so would be just plain time-consuming.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

i think the ranking thing is alright, especially with this new ranking, because i think it kind of unfair that me with about 60 post is equal to some of these people with like 250 or 300. i think the new one is more fair. and i think that give or take a few stupid posts, the number really shows that you are a contributer.
PETER:are you going to eat that stapler?

GUY:you can't eat a stapl....

PETER:wanna split it?
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I really don't care, but if people fuss then maybe it should go.

Ranking people on contribution is not a good choice. People can do that on their own, after being here and knowing people I can think 'Oh this guys good', or 'He's Funny' or 'Shes a meany head', but its not polite to go to that person I think is a meany head and tell them that. You don't rank all your friends do you? Its not something a moderater or Admin should do for everyoe else, its my choice to like, dislike, kick dust on, or hold in high regard, to anyone. I etheir like their posts or not.

I do think post count can stay for those curious, and individual titles could be made from that own individual person. I don't want someone naming me 'big meany llama whos spits on everyone' for all to see, especially that would be quite ignorant.

Also, the fact that mine are mixed around. I've made many a post of just one sentence, but also one drawn out or say some like this. Lenth also doesn't mean quality etheir.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:I really don't care, but if people fuss then maybe it should go.

Ranking people on contribution is not a good choice. People can do that on their own, after being here and knowing people I can think 'Oh this guys good', or 'He's Funny' or 'Shes a meany head', but its not polite to go to that person I think is a meany head and tell them that. You don't rank all your friends do you? Its not something a moderater or Admin should do for everyoe else, its my choice to like, dislike, kick dust on, or hold in high regard, to anyone. I etheir like their posts or not.

I do think post count can stay for those curious, and individual titles could be made from that own individual person. I don't want someone naming me 'big meany llama whos spits on everyone' for all to see, especially that would be quite ignorant.

Also, the fact that mine are mixed around. I've made many a post of just one sentence, but also one drawn out or say some like this. Lenth also doesn't mean quality etheir.

I out rank you by 3 duckies

:Duckietoss:

Ummmm.....make that 2 duckies. :jester2:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

What? I'm confused on your last post there. And seriously, when I put down my opinions don't throw duckies at me unless you can tell me something in there that is very stupid. I love the art of duckie throwing but keep it at a necessary level. I can't tell why I had a duckie thrown at me right now.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:What? I'm confused on your last post there. And seriously, when I put down my opinions don't throw duckies at me unless you can tell me something in there that is very stupid. I love the art of duckie throwing but keep it at a necessary level. I can't tell why I had a duckie thrown at me right now.

I didn't throw the duckie at you.

I had 3 duckies. I ended up tossing one away at a werewolf. Now I have 2 duckies.

Get the picture? :D
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Whats with the out ranking by 3 duckies? I could have millions of duckies in my room for all you know. Apparently thats a weird way to show your opinion on what I have written down, how do I tell if you have liked my post or disaproved by throwing a random duckie and a random werewolf?
:?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:Whats with the out ranking by 3 duckies? I could have millions of duckies in my room for all you know. Apparently thats a weird way to show your opinion on what I have written down, how do I tell if you have liked my post or disaproved by throwing a random duckie and a random werewolf?
:?

Ummmmm...I wasn't against your opinion. If I was, I would've have quoted it and made a responce to it.

Do you realize what you are doing? Attacking me thinking I was against your opinion. I was not. I was only kidding around.

it's things like these that makes posting a problem. Some people don't understand the intention of that post.

Now I'm sorry for goofing off like that.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

'Tis Ok. I just would appreciate saying your intentions than just throwing duckies, unless the duckies hold some sort of morse code.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:'Tis Ok. I just would appreciate saying your intentions than just throwing duckies, unless the duckies hold some sort of morse code.

Hmmm....

*looks at duckie and finds morse code*

*deciphers code*

Beware the holder of this duckie. Crazy things can happen once its tossed.

Well, that explains it!! :jester2:
wolf lady
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Lady

Post by wolf lady »

he ??
\/^^^^^^\/
werewolves
/\^^^/\