Forum rules suggestions

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: Forum rules suggestions

Post by Kaebora »

Sig size is enforced on a case by case basis here. If a moderator or admin thinks someone's signature is making their monitor bleed, it is removed and the member is notified.

Nudity and such related content here is rated simply by the NSFW factor. If you can get in trouble for viewing it at school or work, don't post it. Nothing makes me more aggitated than running across a suggestive picture in a post when I'm at a slow moment at work, when my boss could be looking over my shoulder at any moment.

Necroposting isn't bad as long as the person that's ressurecting the thread is adding something constructive. Simply putting "I agree" or "that's awesome" will get on the nerves of a lot of members here. Making new posts when old topics hold the key to salvation is nothing new to see. It happens, and often we end up posting the link to the thread that answered the question, or mergeing topics together. Certainly it isn't in the rules saying you can't, since its everyone's right to make their own topics.

We've got the system down pritty well.

Just remember that the rules that we posted are merely "Guidelines". It's like a code of conduct for the members. Some points can be broken without consequence (due to a member's ignorance) some are enforced strictly (due to a member's intolerance).
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I generally try to keep my nose out of the voodoo that is rules and guidelines, but I guess I should try to contribute. I've found these to be rather useful during my internet travels.
Dicefreaks Code of Conduct wrote:Do not respond to moderation on the boards. If the moderators (mods) tell you to keep it friendly, do not apologize on the boards. Do not acknowledge the moderation on the boards. Do not explain yourself on the boards. Do not laugh at or make snide comments to another person who has been warned by the mods. With the exception of laughing at others, handle all of the previous issues through a PM to the mod who moderated you. Or just change your behavior to be in compliance. If a mod doesn't PM you, a response to moderation is not required.
It's all sorts of wonderful, in my opinion.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Furthermore, there should be something against posting PM's in a public forum.

The obvious exception being when the sender has given permission, or other instances when the PM is malicious....but even then it's iffy, since this can be dealt with by forwarding via ANOTHER PM to a mod/admin. So a case-by-case basis would be a good way to deal with in my opinion.

PM's should not be used as ammunition at someone, or as a means to instigate further arguments....especially in a public setting. It's a private message, and with private messages come some level of trust. Manipulating that trust isn't against the rules, but it sure as heck should be, as recent events have made obvious.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I'd say that is covered by the last 'don't be a jerk' rule.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image