FIRST THING OUT

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
Calypso Blue
Site Admin
Site Admin

FIRST THING OUT

Post by Calypso Blue »

Update on the main page, and video clips of progress from Brownrigg, including a glimpse of some preliminary sculpting.

CB

http://www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewerewolf

Post by Guest »

Woot!!

I'm saving a copy of this!!

http://www.calypso-blue.com/ultimatewer ... eintro.mov

I heard him mention my nickname!!! COOL!!! 8)

Oh please PLEASE!!! I hope they can go to Project A-kon!!! I want to meet them and get an autograph!!! That will be awesome!!!!! :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Anonymous wrote:Woot!!

Oh please PLEASE!!! I hope they can go to Project A-kon!!! I want to meet them and get an autograph!!! That will be awesome!!!!! :P
Darn, did it again. I was so excited, I forgot to log in again!!!

Above quote is mine.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

First off, thanks for mentioning my name. That was kinda neat and I didn't really expect it. :)

Anyhow, that paw is, pretty darn cool, though the thumb looked a little small for an opposable thumb. Though I'm not sure I can say that conclusivly, on the top down view it looks fine but when you're looking at it from undernieth it seems smaller. Maybe that's my eyes playing tricks on me though.

Pads are neat, though with everything being one color I couldn't get a good feel for what size they were. Too large, too small, I suppose it doesn't matter much though as this is the paw for the quadrapedal stance and I doubt we'll be seeing the bottem of it much during the film.

The claws may or may not be as blunt as a real wolves claws but it's difficult to say, as the only cannine paws I've ever examined closely are dog paws, and typically dog paws are trimmed reletivly often. If anybody out there is familier with wolf's claws first hand, let me know if I'm completly off base or not.

It is a little glovy as you said, but thin little fingers probably wouldn't be well suited for running anyway on all fours. So I don't see that as a real problem.

Anyhow, I'll reiterate, that paw looks REALLY good from what I've seen of it. Plus without getting a real close up shot, it's hard to say if there's any major flaws or not.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I just saw the "PAW" video.

Looks good. I like it. Just make sure the paws are not to big. It'll look kind of odd if it has big paws and small arms.

Er...Um....can I have it when you're done with it? :P
He he! Just kidding!! :lol:

Oh, I like what you did at the end of the PAWS video. "Howls" "Arrrooo!" Ha! Humor!!! I love it!!

You mentioned tails...cool. I'm glad they will have tails. I just hope you make good use of it in the movie. You know...when a dog is happy to see you...he wags his tail. :P
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

So you know, we have been invited to A-con and Anthro-Con so you whenever the conventions happen stop in and I'm sure we'll be there. BTW I'll be the kid who looks like he doesn't belong and looks like he's just trying to look important.... so uh..... yeah lmao. That's hilarious, autographs. Definately a new experience...
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:

So you know, we have been invited to A-con and Anthro-Con so you whenever the conventions happen stop in and I'm sure we'll be there. BTW I'll be the kid who looks like he doesn't belong and looks like he's just trying to look important.... so uh..... yeah lmao. That's hilarious, autographs. Definately a new experience...

YES!!!

I am so there!!! Project A-kon, here I come!!! WOOT!!!
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

lol. Yeah stop by and make sure to tell us your username so we'll know who you are. :wink: You know I just recently heard that we were invited from the Director so I don't know for a fact if we'll be there or not. A matter of timing, of course, but I'm sure we can probably open a booth or something. Just takes a little planning.
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:lol. Yeah stop by and make sure to tell us your username so we'll know who you are. :wink: You know I just recently heard that we were invited from the Director so I don't know for a fact if we'll be there or not. A matter of timing, of course, but I'm sure we can probably open a booth or something. Just takes a little planning.

Oh, I'll be easy to spot. Just look for the wagging tail!! (_/_) (_|_) (_\_)

:lol:

Its a good thing I have vacation coming up. Sure can't wait to use it. Man, this will be fun. I'm bringing my video camera for this!!! Woot!!

i just hope things don't change down the road. Can you please let me know if Re-quest entertainment doesn't make it to Project A-kon. Thanks
Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Darksong17 »

That was so cool! I'm not upset that my name wasn't mentioned seeing as there are SO many users on this forum now! I'm glad that my polls on tails and a few other things (along with other peoples posts on those subjects) seem to have made a real difference. Yay for tails! The paw was gorgeous I honestly didn't see any flaws that really stood out to me enough for me to pinpoint them. I'd have to examine the actual paw to really shout something out which means it's a pretty damn good model!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Oppsie, somehow I got it in my head that, that paw was for the quadrapedal stance.

Again, thing looks good, it is a little glove-ish but that's alright. still not too sure about the thumb though, sometimes it looks about right, and othertimes it seems a little short.

I would probably need to examine the thing to get an idea on whether or not it's really a problem or not.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Hot damn! I LOVE that paw! It's perfect! The pads and everything! Excellently and very professionally done! I'm really impressed even though its just a rough concept of just one paw. Very inspiring for aspiring artists like myself. =)

The more you guys reveal about this movie, the more excited I get.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I'm pretty sure my name is one of those that he can't figure out how to pronounce. So I got named indirectly. :)

The paw looks great. If the opposable thumb is "too small" it can be excused. It is supposed to be part wolf, after all. And the hand isn't too large; I suspect that the carving is oversized.

(Feedback from the director on whether I'm right or blowing it out my piehole would be welcome. :)
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I'm so planning on AnthroCon this year, it would be very awesome to see people from this project there...

(Other feedback in other video feedback thread. :D)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

TakeWalker wrote:I'm so planning on AnthroCon this year, it would be very awesome to see people from this project there...

(Other feedback in other video feedback thread. :D)

Its good that these guys are willing to go to a convention. They can show everybody whats being planned on what they are working on. This way people will know a different type of werewolf movie is in the works. You have to let the public know one way or another. Us die-hard werewolf fanatics are spreading the news throughout the other newsgroups and forums. There are those who likes werewolves, but are not die-hard fans. If they get the info from a convention, it'll spread like wildfire!!
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I cant get any of it to work! :cry: Grrr I REALLY want to watch those videos. Maybe its just my computer :(

Oh, and you have to go to Anthrocon! I was already planning on going, but if you all are their, that just seals the deal :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Whooohooo! It works now! Just watched the intro :D And I'm sure it will be the greatest werewolf film ever made! 8)
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

(chuckle) Yeah, no pressure.

Honestly, I don't know if it will be the greatest ever made, but certainly a step in the right direction so far. Bringing a main stream audience into a subject like this is not going to be easy. You have to gently slide them into it. To many the idea of a werewolf romance or something like that would just seem too cheezy to a non-werefan. .. They have to be introduced to the idea, slowly.

My original plan is to introduce this by way of the original script, it was intended as a creature horror flick.. I like the structure, so I'm thinking about keeping that, but using the characters, dialogue, and plot to give the story depth.

Anthony Brownrigg
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:(chuckle) Yeah, no pressure.

Honestly, I don't know if it will be the greatest ever made, but certainly a step in the right direction so far. Bringing a main stream audience into a subject like this is not going to be easy. You have to gently slide them into it. To many the idea of a werewolf romance or something like that would just seem too cheezy to a non-werefan. .. They have to be introduced to the idea, slowly.

My original plan is to introduce this by way of the original script, it was intended as a creature horror flick.. I like the structure, so I'm thinking about keeping that, but using the characters, dialogue, and plot to give the story depth.

Anthony Brownrigg
I'm glad you are dedicating yourself into making this movie. Its a big risk doing a werewolf movie in the U.S. "Ginger Snaps" was on the big screen in Canada. It went straight to video here in the U.S. If the film came out on the big screen in October, it would've generated some revenue in the U.S. The people would know about the film being out. A non-werewolf fan would be walking in the video rental store and pick up the DVD of "Ginger Snaps" wondering what it is.

The movie may not do well in theaters, but there is always home video. Van Helsing had mixed reviews. I liked it allot. Lots of action going on. I heard it did poorly in the theaters. But it was the #1 top selling video before Halloween. It fell quickly when other titles came out.

Other werewolf films has ruined the werewolf mythology. I hate hollywood for that. I'm sick of the werewolf changing back when the full moon is covered by clouds. What if the werewolf goes indoors with no windows? Will he change back? I'm hope none of that ends up in your film.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Other werewolf films has ruined the werewolf mythology. I hate hollywood for that. I'm sick of the werewolf changing back when the full moon is covered by clouds. What if the werewolf goes indoors with no windows? Will he change back? I'm hope none of that ends up in your film.
I never liked that either. That almost suggests that they are "powered" by moonlight, which doesn't even make sense to the creative side of my brain.

I must say, I like where this all is going.

(ps. Just in case anyone was not sure, I pronounce my "name": Vul-[like "pull"], dar-[like"car"], ...eeeeeeee. :wink: )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

akujiwolf wrote:lol. Yeah stop by and make sure to tell us your username so we'll know who you are. :wink: You know I just recently heard that we were invited from the Director so I don't know for a fact if we'll be there or not. A matter of timing, of course, but I'm sure we can probably open a booth or something. Just takes a little planning.
I quoted this just so everyone knows WE DON'T KNOW YET! I kinda overstepped boundries by mentioning this (please don't kill me). And by this I mean the invitation to A-Kon. All I know is that we have been invited. But as I said in aforementioned post, it's all a matter of timing.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

akujiwolf wrote:
I quoted this just so everyone knows WE DON'T KNOW YET! I kinda overstepped boundries by mentioning this (please don't kill me). And by this I mean the invitation to A-Kon. All I know is that we have been invited. But as I said in aforementioned post, it's all a matter of timing.
Well, I'm not going to cry if you guys don't end up being there. It was just a suggestion to begin with. A-Kon is 6 months away. There is plenty of time for planning and what not. I'll keep an eye on this theread to see if you're going to end up there or not. The last time I was there was back in 1997. It'll sure be nice to have a reason to go.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

ABrownrigg wrote:(chuckle) Yeah, no pressure.

Anthony Brownrigg
here's how you can "gently" slide the audience completely into it, and I am certain you can accomplish it in the first ten minutes.....

If you take the idea that I had in the first post of "cubs or no cubs" thread, and BEFORE that show the girl escaping from her mother, which we don't know yet is her mother, and her father stops the mother, gets in a fight, and when the girl gets away, the mother snarls at the father, but instead of slashing him and killing him, she would SLAP him in the face. The next scene would be the girl resisting the change to get to the birthday party of the boy she likes but who she told she couldn't go to because she was grounded, but because of her age and inexperience, she fails. She could say, with a tearful face, as she holds her legs down, sobbing....."I don't want to, I don't want to...." Then have her legs crack and reform and show her head arch up and cry, while little fangs grow in her teeth, as she gives a sorrowfull filled howl.

If you introduce these scenes in some way as I have described them, by making the audience believe that the little girl is escaping a monster, and show the slap, then we find out the little girl is a werewolf, then the rest, THEN the audience's misconceptions of the werewolves will be changed, at least for this movie. It's just a suggestion, take it as you will.

If you introduce a child changing into a cub, preferably a girl, then it would certainly break that misconception in most peoples minds, especially if she did things that were not vicious or feral, such as picking fruit off a tree and eating it. Everyone associates a child with innocense, so they would make the association that a werewolf cub is not neccessarily a vicious creature, but innocent. AND if you show the mother transformed caring for the cub after she has been "rejected" by the boy, then it shows compassion.

You will have worked on an existing conception in the first few minutes, and for shock value the transformation of the little girl will reveal to us the truth, that they can be innocent, and gentle.

Where you would want to take the story after that is completely up to you. But if you were to use something similar, the boy she meets that full moon would eventually put two and two together after a couple of years, especially if she was angry and saddened by what he desribes a few days later at school about her.
Starfury
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Starfury »

First of all I want to say that what you are doing with this message board and listening to our suggestions and taking the time to shoot videos for us to watch and just everything that you are doing is absolutely amazing. To see someone so devoted to a movie and its fans right from the very beginning is so awe inspiring that it's just unheard of. Thank you for making our dreams come true. And as for that paw . . . *drool* This is gonna be good.
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

Ok...I'm going to have to hold him to his word. After seeing the teaser, the pictures and tidbits of him talking about it I can't wait. A whole year has to go by for production and then we got to wonder if the movie will be shown in select cities. OMG! I can't wait! :panting:

Ok...calm....calm...Ok, this IS good stuff. Can't get too excited....Weeeee! :party:
:duckie s for everyone!