Mood: Meh...

Save the Wolves!

Post by Silverclaw »

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... z00m=99090
A petition, to stop the slaughter of wolves in Idaho
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

my name is on the list. :D

like i said before.........it makes me absoutly sick to my stomach to see people doing that to wolves and other wildlife. :x
Kamara
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kamara »

Ive signed most of these that I could find. It amazes me how much ignorance and predjudice exists against wolves even today.

More of ranchers stock die from exposure, disease, starvation and predation by other animals than die from wolves.

Its just a matter of the good ole boys thinking they have the right to kill anything that moves. :x

Kamara
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfu*ker upside the head...."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

I wish I could sign, but I don't think my Mom would be too happy of me giving out all that information.
You know, thinking of how many wolves die a day from hunters who just kill them for trophies, turns my stomach to rot.
I don't believe you should kill animals for pleasure. In my opinion, you should only kill for food. (Only if you live out in the wild)

I mean, if a wolf attacked a child, then I think it should be killed or released somewhere to protect the kid and any further chances of other kids or adults from being attacked, but it would still be human beings who caused the wolf to do that.
Tourists feed wolves, bears, mountain lions and so on, and by doing that, the animal begins to associate us with food. If the animals aren't able to hunt successfully, then they begin going to camp grounds as a last minute restort.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

My name is one on the list....i cannot belive that they would even try and do something like that. It makes me sick to my stomach and makes me hate our goverment even more :evil:
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Signed that one. We've had similar prejudice here in Finland too, and it doesn't look too good for wolves anywhere. *le sigh*
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

OK I signed it, but you all are hypocrites, the houses we live in the comfort we live in, Do you expect that to come without a price?! Human expansion has caused this, Iam not against it Iam not for it. BUT YOU ALL, YOU SAY HOW COULD ANYONE DO THIS, BUT YOU ALL ARE GUILTY OF IT!!!!!!!!! Everytime you buy anything at all, you increase the need for the product. IE you get fries from McDonalds, making McDonalds need more potatos, causing farmers to need more land! With each mile they take, goes that much territory from the wildlife. You all say why or how, well it's greed, yours, mine, the worlds. Iam not angry, Iam just showing you that your not getting all the information. Just remember next time you want a large fry, what you are causing.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

I signed it, but I agree with Fenrir. We're all part of it in one way or another. NOwcan go say "It's becasue of humans, we need to get rid of them." Butif you did that then you would be get rid of your self and all know sentience onthe planet. But if for some odd reason you survived on because you 'not human', then you be a animal, meaningno sentience and no imagination... Didn't mean to sound ranty, and if I offended anyone, I'm sorry.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

When you exhale air, you produce carbon dioxide. Trees use carbon dioxide to grow. More trees means it's more likely that one will fall and kill a wolf,

so remember everyone, if you dare exhale, you're helping to kill wolves!

*waits a few minutes*

Anyone breathing out there? Shame on you.

It's always a good idea to think of the likely consequences of our actions, but no one can hold the weight of the whole world on their shoulders. When it comes down to it, there's always a point of definite responsibility.

You: Get some yummy fries... OK
McD: Buy more potatoes... OK
farmers: Buy more land... maybe still OK. There has to be room for us, too.

Wantonly clearing out forests and destroying habitat... NOT OK
Killing creatures rather than building fences... NOT OK
Polluting the world's atmosphere... NOT OK

And so on.

There were some silly ads that came out a while back that said buying drugs supports terrorism. Well, guess what? So does buying fries at McDonalds. So does breathing. When it comes down to it, it's the guy with the gun (or box-cutter) who's to blame. Anything else is an excuse or a guilt-trip.

Be aware. Go out and do the best you can. Maybe that means not eating at McDonalds. If it makes bad things less likely to happen, do it. But don't accept responsibility for everyone else's actions. That's like trying not to breathe--you just simply can't do it for long.

-- Vilkacis
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, I'm guilty of being a human being and living in the world, but I take a stand and draw a few lines in the sand, saying that certain things go too far, and I will not be a part of it.

I own a Chevy Avalanche. But, most of the time, I drive a more fuel-efficient Celica, and my next car hopefully in a few years will be a hybrid.

I love meat more than most people realize, because they don't see me eating it. For each 100 square acres of land used to raise meat animals, one square acre could produce the same amount of food as vegitables, and it would probably be healthier to eat. Earth in theory could sustain maybe 30 or 40 billion people on a sensible diet, but current practices that rely too much on society and politics are causing serious worldwide famine. Whole nations are starving. I won't go into how meat animals are often treated, as that's another rant entirely, and you've probably already heard it.

My house is as big as the next, and most people don't realize it, but powering homes, particularly air conditioning, is the chief cause of fossil fuel consumption. Thankfully, I've been able to buy power from Green Mountain Energy, a company that produces power using renewable energy, such as through solar and wind power. Though my own power is produced locally, it's reimbursed kilowatt per kilowatt, meaning that in essence I'm buying clean energy.

There's subtle ways we can improve our own behavior and thus offset the damage humanity is doing. It's our part in coaxing the course of evolution back towards something more harmonious with long-term thinking and a stable future respectful of the rest of Earth life. A killing spree won't fix the world's problems, and praying for a mass human extinction is certainly not a practical solution. So, I choose to live in the world, leave my mark on humanity, and convince at least a few people that it's worth it to preserve the future.

As for wolves, I was really startled to see that this is STILL an issue today. We JUST got wolf populations back from the brink. Now we're killing them off again? Will you humans make up your fricking mind!?!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I just added my name to the list...

Those damn beurocrats don't know what they are doing!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I signed it. I wonder how did they explain their need to exterminate wolves? Probably not well.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

They need more chicken nuggets, so they get more chickens, well the wolved eat the chickens so get rid of the wolves
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Anook- Maybe you could be Anonymous, so you dont have to fill out personal info :)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Just signed it.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:They need more chicken nuggets, so they get more chickens, well the wolved eat the chickens so get rid of the wolves
Yes, and we the people here in america need some of the jobs that the companies gave to china, we hate how everything is made in china. But we also want cheap products. How do you propose fixing that problem, Fenrir?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

If we just all become a werewolf, the wolf-DNA survives through ours! :D

Brilliant! :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Morkulv wrote:If we just all become a werewolf, the wolf-DNA survives through ours! :D

Brilliant! :lol:
sounds good to me........... :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Fenrir wrote:They need more chicken nuggets, so they get more chickens, well the wolved eat the chickens so get rid of the wolves
Yes, and we the people here in america need some of the jobs that the companies gave to china, we hate how everything is made in china. But we also want cheap products. How do you propose fixing that problem, Fenrir?
The whole job thing is being exagerated, and it's India their sending them too. They're sending jobs like telemarketers, and factory workers. The job markett is not really that bad off we only have about 4.5 % unemployed and most of those are house wives. It shouldn't get any bigger, but it's not such a bad thing. SW would your really want to be a telemarketer? watch 30 days on FX there's an episode about outsourcing.
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

I signed the petition as well.
Eat more tobasco.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Re: Save the Wolves!

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Silverclaw wrote:http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... z00m=99090
A petition, to stop the slaughter of wolves in Idaho
First off SilverClaw..Thank you for posting this here*uberhugs* I am glad someone else thought to put this up.

So many people need to see this.. I tried to post this on another forum I joined and people basically said the wolves should died which I find strange since that forum is based off people who rp with wolves on there so I don't think I am going back there..

Any who I signed this petition a good while back so hopefully more will sign this an try to help out the wolves. Our four legged friend that can not speak for themselves..
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

*is uberhugged* :wink:
I tried to post this on another forum I joined and people basically said the wolves should died which I find strange since that forum is based off people who rp with wolves on there so I don't think I am going back there..
:o That is surprising, coming from people who even like to rp as wolves. Sad really. What site did that happen on btw?
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Silverclaw wrote:*is uberhugged* :wink:
I tried to post this on another forum I joined and people basically said the wolves should died which I find strange since that forum is based off people who rp with wolves on there so I don't think I am going back there..
:o That is surprising, coming from people who even like to rp as wolves. Sad really. What site did that happen on btw?
http://swiftkill.proboards38.com/index.cgi <--Right there..

It's funny I haven't been there since those people said that and now going back there just now, the forum has completely changed.. All the old threads are gone and erased..go figure :P I'm not going back there anymore..

It's a sad shame too.. The girl who started the forum has a wonderful comic going on DA too..

http://kayfedewa.deviantart.com/

But I don't blame her for the others comments :|
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
The whole job thing is being exagerated, and it's India their sending them too. They're sending jobs like telemarketers, and factory workers. The job markett is not really that bad off we only have about 4.5 % unemployed and most of those are house wives. It shouldn't get any bigger, but it's not such a bad thing. SW would your really want to be a telemarketer? watch 30 days on FX there's an episode about outsourcing.
Oh god yeah, theres plenty of jobs for those who have education, but for those who dont then thier screwed cause its either, working at warehouse, fast food, construction or grocary store, them kind of people got a little screwed cause that a few jobs that went bye bye. And which is why adults stress their kids to get an education!!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

um you make it sound like were sending all our grocery stores to India