[The ages event] World and Lore

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

[The ages event] World and Lore

Post by Anubis »

Note from Game Master

Okay i know for some reason people here have a prejudice against my R.A.B.I.D RPs. I get that impression every time i try making an RP about it and nobody signs up to play it. If any one feels that way, i have made some MAJOR renovations to R.A.B.I.D. Like I incorporated a sense of Fantasy and more freedoms for the players, and werewolves isn't the only mythological creature with in the ranks in R.A.B.I.D "were"-dragons is also now in the mix. Please give the new and hopefully improved RABID a chance.

STORY

Earth has been invaded by an unknown enemy. the armies of the planet tried to fend off the invasion, but to no prevail they are being pushed back even RABID is having extremely difficult time fending off the enemy even with their advanced weaponry. While millions of innocent people are dieing at the hands of a vicious enemy.

You are the survivors from a attack on Lunar Mt. one of the most important bases on the planet. With your character's special skills you and the skills of others like you, must find the answer in a forgotten ancient past, rescue a god, and unleash the power that was locked away for over ten thousand years to save the remaining population of a doomed planet.

Are you up to it?

The two races of Eden

Back when the earth's magnetic poles was reversed and the planet was a lush Eden, and the human race just achieved sentient thought. Two great races of purity, intelligence, might, and magic ruled the world. They had an understanding of the universe that humans with science and technology will never understand unless they open their minds to the spiritual plain and the universal balance of good and evil, light and darkness.

They were the Ry'ou (werewolves) rulers of the North, and the Tyren (Dragons) Rulers of the south. the two nations were each ruled by a god and they gave them immortality, enlightenment, and universal knowledge.

They lived in peace until a mysterious event changed all of that. Their gods have perished, the rich lush Eden it once was will never be the same, and the once great races fell. They turned animal-like their once vast knowledge, and enlightenment has changed. they kill each other over food, they fight for dominance, and lived as animals for thousands of years.

Almost nothing survived form that era, except for four tablets that seem to tell they story of their fall, but no one was able to translate it.

History of R.A.B.I.D

Most of the two races still lived in the wild by 1776, and Nations all around the world would start using the the Ry'ou and Tyren for their own needs if the governments keep their races a secret, because of the persecution of them around this time. Dragons were nearly whipped out from existence during the middle ages by knights and other would-be dragons slayers and catholic priests had burned werewolves at the stake if they were found out.

But during the American revolutionary war General George Washington had a run in with a ry'ou pack leader in the south. then they made a treaty with the American government. The humans will keep them safe from the public's eye and they would help them win their battles. the British followed suit then most of the governments had a Ry'ou and Tyren military division.

After Wold War 2, the newly established United Nation ordered the governments to hand over their ry'ou and tyren divisions to form one army RABID to save the planet from hostile supernatural, and extraterrestrials.

Then 1947 rolled by bringing Roswell with it. The UN ordered the American government to hand over the alien space ship and the research base Area 51. Since then RABID will never be the same.

The enemy

They are fast, vicious, and most of all they out number us 100 to 1. They are quite easy to kill. a single round any where is enough to do one in, but what makes them dangerous is there kamikaze-like methods. They keep sending wave and wave of thousands at battalions with no end in sight. there seems to be no shortage of them.

They are described as black skeletons of anthropomorphic Jackals, reptiles, and birds. A thick dark smoky fog seems to follow them where every where they go cutting off visuals.

There doesn't seem to be some kind of leadership in there ranks, it's believed that a single malevolent being controls them telekineticly.

Races

Humans-They don't really fight with the Tyren and the Ry'ou due to their fragile bodies and physical weaknesses. they are usually MPs, Pilots, and Medics.

Ry'ou (werewolves)- They are usually around 7'6" tall but some are known to get tall a 8'3" they weight at an average of 250 pounds. They can run 10 miles non-stop with out breaks and can left a load about 500 pounds, and they have some mild regenerative abilities, but like humans they are still vulnerable to injury.

Tyren (Dragons)- They have about the same height and weight of the Ry'ou, but they are a little weaker in physical strength they can only lift about 300 pounds, but they have the ability to fly (their wings can miraculously wound up tightly inside their bodies. Also they are more durable, it takes a lot to injure a Tyren, their scales are impervious to small arms fire.

Equipment, weapons, and vehicles

Equipment

Every soldier has the following

Combat environment armor
One main weapon
A secondary weapon (pistol)
Extra ammo
Combat knife
grenades (4 maximum)
food and water for 2 days
Radio
Personal Med kit
Anti-silver serum (Ry'ou and medics only)
Lighter
emergency flairs

Combat Environment Armor- this is the space suit on steroids. It's an closed environmental suit designed for toxic, biological, radio active, and negative atmosphere scenarios. It's built with Kevlar and space age materials to keep the wearer safe. It filters air that going into the suit to keep the soldier free from harmful contaminates. and it has a hours worth of air for places that is devoid of any atmosphere. It has special trap doors in the back for the Tyren's wings.

it's Also good for combat, when it's plugged in to a weapon it has a heads up targeting display in the helmet, also it has night vision built in.

Vehicles

The Trevor- (Extreme lack of creativity, i know) It's named after the lead designer. This Vehicle is the hummer of RABID. It looks similar to the warthog on Halo.

XT-231 Exoskeleton-Only humans forms can pilot this machine, because its cockpit is to small for the larger beast forms. It's been described as a walking tank. Numerous different weapons can be mounted on it like DEW cannons, chain guns, and rockets. It looks like a BIG metal werewolf.

PC-190 Kamikaze personnel carrier- This machine can plow through defenses, and take a beating, and keep all 23 occupants inside safe.

HC-12 Dragon wing drop ship- This thing takes troops into battle, and the wounded out quick and safely. The Cabin can be removed so it can transport cargo, tanks, supplies in and out of a battle zone.

It doesnt work like a helicopter it uses a very powerful fusion thrust engine to make lift and it has two stubby wings to stabilise it, and another advantage it can escape the atmosphere and fly in space.

M-1 HellFire tank- This thing is impervious to most if not none rockets, and larger caliber bullets. it can go 120 MPH for 500 miles with out a pit stop. It fires both a very powerful plasma bolt and it fires the standard tank round. It only needs three people to operate it. The gunner, driver and navigator.

Weapons

T-40 Sub-machine gun- This weapon looks similar to the P-90 but it's much larger and holds 60 rounds per magazine. it has a High def. LCD screen for targeting and displaying the amount of ammunition in the magazine. It has Night vision and infrared to get hiding targets. Not like the P-90 it rarely jams and very accurate.

ET-2 Magnum- It's a large handgun made for the hands of Dragon and werewolf soldiers. It fires a .50AE caliber bullet. The magazine can hold up to 12 rounds. it has a flash light and a lazer mounted on it for easier targeting.

Hell Hammer M-22 Sniper rifle- This has a range of 4 miles, It fires a huge unheard of 55 caliber round and it's deadly accurate. The magazine holds up to 6 rounds. The scope has night vision, Infrared like the T-40 SMG. It got its name the Hell hammer from its reputation of making body parts explode from impact.

M67 FRAGMENTATION HAND GRENADE- Nothing new here the united states military uses this kind of grenade. it has a casualty radius of 15 meters.

LPG-14 Gatling gun- Its a three barreled Gatling gun that uses 50 caliber rounds. It's mainly for clearing out large groups of hostiles. It's supported by a robotic arm that is attached to a special belt that puts the weight evenly on the legs of the user and supplied by an ammo pack that supplies 500 round ammo belt to the gun. the only down side is that it's hard to reload in the heat of battle.

R-23 Rocket launcher- It has a range of 5 miles and can go mock 4 while in flight. It has launch and forget technology where you can lock on target, fire, and run for knowing it'll hit it.

DEW Gun- It fires a beam of plasma at the enemy, and is known to incinerate the flesh off a skeleton at point blank, but it has major flaws the coolant system can only fire two shots in a row before over heating and it takes about a good 5 minutes to cool down, but the advantage is it's ammo is infinite as long it hooked up to a suit

Magic, sorcery, alchemy- Give me a PM telling me about what ever it is to get my approval for use in the game.

DONE!! but if i missed some thing tell me please. :)
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Am I allowed to point out grammatical errors? They take away from the immersion.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I tried to a couple of time he almost bit my hand off. :cry:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Fine, I'll wear diamond-plated glvoes.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

It's like my mommy says...

If you can't say anything nice then don't say any thing at all.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Yes but my mother always said tell the truth :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:It's like my mommy says...

If you can't say anything nice then don't say any thing at all.
Yes but this is the real world we're living in Anubis. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I just wanted to say, you've made a lot of progress in a lot of areas in the time I've known you, Anubis. Keep it up, you're doing great ^_^

-- Vilkacis
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Thanks you Vilkacis :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

hey. just wondering. can we expand on the weapons list and bring in our own designs?.. approved by you of course.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Vilkacis wrote:I just wanted to say, you've made a lot of progress in a lot of areas in the time I've known you, Anubis. Keep it up, you're doing great ^_^

-- Vilkacis
He's right Anubis you know we're just messing with you right?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, you only have a few common errors. But yes, you really have improved. :duckie
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

DONE!
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I knew it! I shouldn't have done this. People just don't like RABID. :cry: This was a wiast of time and effort. :cry:
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Don't say that, I think it's a cool lookin game, and I feel like joining.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Mate. it's nothing wrong with your game concepts, in fact they are really food for thought, but most people lack the motivaton to see an online text RPG through from beginning to end.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Leighlia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stalking the Shadows

Post by Leighlia »

Patience...I'm getting there.... *Reading....reading....thinking....brain working.*

EDIT:
Later: Ok, characters done, first post up introducing both characters. Hope it's up to par and expectations. Made a slight adjustment to Randy's bio, briefly outlining his extra sensory talents and limitations.

FINALLY, I'm writing for R.A.B.I.D! Sorry I'd missed the other ones.

I didn't want to clutter up the Game Thread with OOC chatter, so I just tacked this on here and hoped it was ok.
Snay Fell
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Location: Locked in my mind, 1 I cant find the way out, 2 I might hurt others if I do get out.

Post by Snay Fell »

This is really intresting, then i notice that the last person to write was in 2006..... Does that mean i might not beable to join :cry: i hope i can....... Where would the game thread be :?
Thanks

Snay Fell
Part of me is now fire, i'm burning inside. I still ach to be what you want as you increase the flames and listen to my screams. Your voice still rings in my mind as blood flows from my mangled body and falls onto the dead ground around me mixing with my tears of failure.
blackwolfhell
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Black Wolf Hell
Mood: RAR!

Re: [The ages event] World and Lore

Post by blackwolfhell »

You know what...I like this I do a lot of RPG'ing and would like to join. Because I am the evil genius! :evil: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! (Cough)
Release all that you hold dear, and become the night.
Werewolves don't get high on drugs, they run

Pet's name: Heyoka
Adopt your own!