Book review:The Tattooed Wolf by K. Bannerman

The place for anything at all...
captdecoy
Pack Member
Pack Member

Book review:The Tattooed Wolf by K. Bannerman

Post by captdecoy »

I Just finished rereading The Tattooed Wolf by K. Bannerman. I forget how good it really is. The basic story is a modern day retelling of the Bisclavet legend where a werewolf becomes trapped in wolf form due to his treacherous wife. Now this is not really an action or horror story, it’s more of a drama, but it keeps you riveted none the less. The best thing about it is the writing style. Here’s a section:

“What kind of revenge could I hope to do? I was stuck here. The city was a fantastic barrier; there was no way for me to return without risking my freedom and my life. Somewhere in the urban sprawl they were spending my money and living in my house and driving my car, and for the simple fact that I walked on four legs instead of two, I couldn’t get near them by fifty miles. I had the brief impulse to phone them, but that was laughable. Prank calls. Huffing and puffing on the other end of the line, threatening to blow the receiver down.”

Pure. Genius

There is an unnecessary scene in it, but you can see it coming and can skip if you want. Overall, this book ranks in the top three werewolf books I have ever read, along with The Wolf’s Hour by Robert McCammon and Wolf Moon by Charles de Lint, and it’s a requirement of any werewolf fan

Unfortunately, it seems to be out of print, but you can order the ebook version here

http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/sin ... 5404-173-2

The sequel is also due to come out in the fall and is called The Wolf of Gilsbury Cross,
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sounds interesting. Unfortunatly I hate ebooks. But thanks for sharing. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

sounds interesting im going to have to check that one out :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

The sequel is also due to come out in the fall and is called The Wolf of Gilsbury Cross,
Cool. That should mean that The Tattooed Wolf should be republished and easy to find by that time as well 8)
This has been on my 'Books-to-read list for a while know (yes, I really do have a list, lol ) Gotta get ahold of it. :)
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Silverclaw wrote:
Cool. That should mean that The Tattooed Wolf should be republished and easy to find by that time as well 8)
This has been on my 'Books-to-read list for a while know (yes, I really do have a list, lol ) Gotta get ahold of it. :)
Don't worry I also have a list.
Eat more tobasco.
WordWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ad bestiae Christi

Post by WordWolf »

I'm confident the sequel will be better than the original. :howl:  :oo