"Sadness" for Wii

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

"Sadness" for Wii

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

“Sadness” is an exclusive title set to debut on the Nintendo Wii in late 2007. Described as “a gothic horror adventure game with survival horror elements,” Sadness forces players to face their fears and use only what their environment provides for their defense.

The game’s environment revolves around the Victorian era prior to World War I and promises players sensations of paranoia as well as schizophrenia. In addition, the game will provide a unique experience as it will be displayed entirely in black and white and will not make use of any HUD or in-game menu system. Players will use the Wii-mote as an interactive tool to utilize their surroundings for weapons and protection against various Slavic-inspired enemies, one of which appears to be a werewolf.

Link: http://wii.ign.com/objects/816/816122.html
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

thats awesome im sooooo buying an wii now :o
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

are there any live action animatics for it yet ??
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

From what I read up, no. The studio that is making the title is reluctant to release any footage or in-depth details. They provided two reasons: they need the permission of their publisher to release any information or videos and they do not want to spoil any of the surprises they have for the players.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

If im asking this correctly.................What corporation, if you will,or label are they releasing this title under :)
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

The developer is NIBRIS, a Poland-based company.

Hope that is what you meant. :)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Ashkin-Tyr wrote:The developer is NIBRIS, a Poland-based company.

Hope that is what you meant. :)
is that like say Vivendi or Rockstar or EA games something like that. :D
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

Game looks cool. i love horror survivals...i think this is another point to the "Me getting a Wii" campaine...although my love for Final fantasy really has me pushing for a PS3. oh what to do! :cry:
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

gladius wrote:is that like say Vivendi or Rockstar or EA games something like that. :D
NIBRIS is a new, up starting team that has only two games thus far, both of which still in development (Sadness and Raid Over the River). So not nearly as big or well known as those you mentioned. Still, what is said about their games seems promising enough.
wolfman1991 wrote:Game looks cool. i love horror survivals...i think this is another point to the "Me getting a Wii" campaine...although my love for Final fantasy really has me pushing for a PS3. oh what to do! :cry:
Rumor has it the Wii will retail at only $175.00, and news from EA Games seems to comply with that rumor. However, depending on your financial wealth, that may or may not be beneficial.

I would love to get a PS3 along with a Wii, but news is the PS3 will be rather costly ($700?)...more than what I would willing to pay. Too bad though, I would love to get one.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm not getting a Wii, period!

Nintendo is the disney of video gaming :roll:
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Anubis wrote:I'm not getting a Wii, period!

Nintendo is the disney of video gaming :roll:
Hunh?

Disney was once a visionary company that produced the highest quality products in thier field, that has since dilluted into a worldwide corperate monster that pumps out a thousand gallons of garbage daily. (Figuratively speaking)

Nintendo is a company that has been making games ("Card Games" first...then videogames) for over 100 years, and since the Introduction of the NES (Famicom in Japan) has steadily produced many of the highest quality products from thier unique franchises year after year to this very day. (With games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 among the most higly anticipated new games on Any platform)

What's not to Love? ??

Don't tell me you are stuck on that immature "Kiddie" BS...

...that's just totally LAME...

I suppose you've just been plugging your ears and tuning out the voices of everyone who has been talking about all the great games on Nintendo systems over the last two decades...many of which are widely considered the "BEST GAMES OF ALL TIME" ...

...and I suppose you've been too busy agreeing with the Trash-Talking 13 year olds on X-Box live about how anything that is not dark, bloody and extremely violent Sucks...

... to enjoy the Awesomeness that has been the Metroid Prime series (with a Highly anticipated sequel comming soon on Wii), or *GASP* even DARE to touch what is "Zelda: WindWaker" with a 10-foot pole...even while wearing a HazMat suit...

...because you are lethally allergic to bright colors, pleasant music and smiling or something.

Zelda: Twilight Princess is going to be aweeesoooome...

...you don't know what you are missing out on.

It's not like Nintendo ONLY has cute, happy games on thier systems either. The subject of this thread in point.

...not to mention RE:4 was originally GameCube exclusive (and Capcom has confirmed a new, unique {Seperate from the PS3, and 360 game} new Resedent Evil game in the works for Wii) and Hideo Kojima (the creator of the "Metal Gear" Series) is a huge Nintendo fan, literally BEGGING Nintendo to put Snake in SSBB...so it can be safe to assume that he has plans to make games for Wii in the not-to distant future.

And Ubisoft has confirmed they will publish a Wii version of the "Far Cry" series on Wii as well. ...along with Red Steel.

...and a Nintendo Wii console is going to cost $199.99, Or Less. (recent reports suggest the possibility of $174.99 even)
(Compared to $699.99 for PS3)

What have you got to loose?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I'm still an Xbox guy, and all i've seen in nintendo is cudly characters, and bright colors. Dispite they have games like Resident evil, and kill zone. they make up of a minority of the Nintendo tittles. Also most of those few "M" rated games don't apeal to me.

I like Blood, gore, explosions, and a whole slue of cuss words to boot. In other words i don't like games unless you can blow up an enemy's skull resulting in a rain of brain matter and blood. Games i'm talking about is Halo, Doom3, Half life2, Prey, Gears of war, Full auto, ETC.

I'm getting a 360.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

While I'm not into as much gore as Anubis, I must agree, Oh hell who am I kidding I love gore! I love blowing rotting flesh hungry corpses To bits, I love playing unreal tournament and finding the heart of an enemy I just dismembered, GIVE ME BLOOD VIOLENCE AND LOTS OF SWEARING!!
IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY FU*K!

PS3! PS3! PS3!
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:While I'm not into as much gore as Anubis, I must agree, Oh hell who am I kidding I love gore! I love blowing rotting flesh hungry corpses To bits, I love playing unreal tournament and finding the heart of an enemy I just dismembered, GIVE ME BLOOD VIOLENCE AND LOTS OF SWEARING!!
IT FEELS GOOD TO SAY FU*K!

PS3! PS3! PS3!

DAMN RIGHT :o
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Yeah let's go for it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

In that case, you and your 360 will be very happy together...because that is about all you are going to get on that system.

Personally...I like a little more variety. ...and I hate Gore. (I don't understand why anyone WANT'S to look at something that gross.)

...but I do enjoy destroying things, blowing stuff up and generally letting out my agression...which is why games like SSBB are so fun.

Besides...as far as Iconic Armored Soldiers go...Samus Kicks MasterChiefs @**...

To each thier own though. I played through the PC version of Halo, and I don't think it's really that great. Bloody Soldier games are a Dime a Dozen these days. They have little interest for me. ...the multiplayer is fun though...

You really ARE alergic to happiness, aren't you? Sucks to be you. Choosing to live a life surrounded by symbols of misery and pain is a derpressing existance.

I prefer a balance. RE:4 one day...Pikmin the next...

I gave Resedent Evil a chance (despite it being of my least favorite genre)...

...pity you won't do the same for the Mario and Zelda Series'.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i did when i had a N64 :| i felt empty when i played it.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Yeah I never played video games till I got my ps2, Super Smash Bros. was missing somthing, oh yes Blood -_-
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Anubis wrote:i did when i had a N64 :| i felt empty when i played it.
GoldenEye... PerfectDark... Zelda: Ocarina of Time... SanFrancisco Rush... Super Smash Bros... Mario 64... PilotWings 64... Zelda: Majora's Mask... Rush 2049... MarioKart 64... Blast Corps... 1080 Snowboarding... WaveRace 64... Conkers Bad Fur Day... PaperMario... Star Wars: Rogue Squadron... WWF No Mercy...
(I really don't care about that last one, but many people still say it's the best Wrestling game to date.)

These games left you feeling empty?

This is not just a case of narrow minded taste...I think the fun sensing part of your brian is broken.

Play two Nintendo Classics and call me in the moring. :fever:

=^.^'= ~
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

This topic has turned into a console war.

I must say for you Nintendo non-believers... please do some research on upcoming games for the Wii. You can easily find game lists for the console on IGN, and you will find there are indeed many games in development that are not "kiddy".

Do not rely solely on the misconceptions of prior console generations without first seeing things for yourselves.
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

I must say if the Wii is considerably cheaper than the PS3 i might get both. I mean i got enough for PS3 already and above...i can just continue saving for a Wii as well. Im not too hot on the XBOX 360 tho...im not realy into XBOX
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I don't like it cause of the Penis joke name. It's desgusting and if they want their name to be a joke, I don't want something that doesn't take itself seriously. Iam not calling it a lesser system I just think they shouldn't have named it the wii just gone with the revolution.
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

Wii me...........