WEREWOLF TV series ON DVD?

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

WEREWOLF TV series ON DVD?

Post by lupine »

Does anybody know where and IF I can get this SERIES and the feature length pilot on DVD?? I'm in UK so it would be better in REGION 2. I've looked on ebay but you don't know what your getting (usually copied from a dodgy VHS)

Any help would be VERY gratefully accepted

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

What series are you talking about?
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Well, over here, The Pilot came out as a movie, on rental back in the early 90's It was called 'Werewolf once bitten'

Then it started as a series on satellite tv, so I never got to see it, us being paupers and all. heheh.

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It was originally aired in the U.S. on the then brand new Fox network, back in 1987, around the time I first got into werewolves myself. Alas, in rural Nacogdoches, the new network was unavailable. Thankfully cable station USA ran it a year and a half later, and I saw it then. It ran a full season and a few episodes of a second season before being cancelled.

Videotapes recorded during the original broadcasts have been copied to DVD, and the series has been bootlegged this way. Copies turn up on eBay; though their legality is questionable, the site hasn't yet stopped their sale.

Sony currently owns the rights to the series, but they're squatting, appearantly not convinced it's worth spending the money to release and distribute it. But, they aren't suing the bootleggers, either. Unfortunately, the bootlegs are from multi-generation copies off VCRs, so their quality is poor. But, it's the only way to see the series.

There's a petition to re-release the show. See the closest thing to an official site for the series to find it, as well as to find excerpts, screen shots, and sound clips from the show: http://www.werewolftv.com/
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Thanks for thet. I guess i'll just have to sign the petition then. Or risk getting a dodgy copy. If I squint it might look ok!!! :lol: