Pregnant werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

White Paw, What you said utterly horrifies and disgusts me. To talk about baby eating in that way is somthing that seems wrong to me on so many level. Most animals do not eat their own young, escpecialy the more inteligent ones. And werewolves ae inteligent.

Personaly, I don't classify werewolves as a different species, but as humans with the lycanthropy "disease". But thats my personal opinion.

On the subject of pregnancy: I'm sorry to tellyou all, but one of those ones that say lycanthropy dosn't "manifest" it's self till puberty. And so I saythata female werewolf would not change for in the later stages of said pregnancy. In my stories and other were realted fiction I work on, the change is painful, and take a bit of strength. Of course, most of my"therories" on the life cycle of a werwolf can only be properly explained if I go into detail on all parts, not just one. And this thread is about pregnancies.

So, my opinion, in short: Female Werewolves change during the earlie stages, but stop during the late stages and don't change again until some time after the birth.

Sue me for saying somthing different.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

The Possbilities...

Post by RedEye »

Okee-Dokee: If Were-ness is inheritable (and I don't see why not), then the baby would be Were' not SmoothHuman. The mother would most likely be in gestalt form, simply because giving birth wouldn't hurt as much and would be easier (look at how a Dog's reproductive tract is built, then compare it to a Human's). A Were' female would probably be surrounded by other Were' Females, again, Wolf behaviour...There might even be a chance that the baby would be abducted and raised by another female who has lost her own (can we say primal?).
If however, Were'-ness isn't inherited (and I don't know how that would work) The baby would likely be cared for just as tenderly (as in kindly) by it's Werewolf mother: We're looking at specise survival here. Perhaps it would get Were'd by nursing.
The baby would likely be hairy, but not furred (that happens now...) and lose its hair in the next few days of life.
I suspect that the child would be indistinguishable from a human as a baby, a child, and not get "Fuzzy" until Puberty. All the Were' fixtures would be growing up with the child and when the child became an adult, then the Were' would turn on...and the kid would become a Juvenile (not Teen!) wolf. Things would go normally from that point.. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Re: The Possbilities...

Post by Lupin »

RedEye wrote:Okee-Dokee: If Were-ness is inheritable (and I don't see why not), then the baby would be Were' not SmoothHuman. The mother would most likely be in gestalt form, simply because giving birth wouldn't hurt as much and would be easier (look at how a Dog's reproductive tract is built, then compare it to a Human's).
I was reading some magazine at the store the other day, (I want to say National Geographic, but it could have been something else) and evidently the fact that the human birth canal is shaped the way it is is due to our upright posture. I'd say that anything else that stands upright would be similar.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

ok
but here's the question:
Are werewolves bipedal, quadrupeds or even both?
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

o.k. so apparently i have offended a few of you........ for that i am sorry, and what was said wasnt intended to offend anybody. I will make sure to take better care of what i want to say before i post something in the future.... :(
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Because expressing opinions is bad if people don't like them...

Anyway, I find it funny how people talk about the reactions of werewolves to this as if there is any fact involved. People can't turn into wolves. Choosing traits from the two for these critters is just that: choosing. There is no "they would do this" or "they would do that," just stories and popular opinions.

If you don't like someone else's version of a make-believe creature, TS.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Night Rain wrote:If you don't like someone else's version of a make-believe creature, TS.
*Stares at Vuldari* >:I
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Night Rain wrote:Anyway, I find it funny how people talk about the reactions of werewolves to this as if there is any fact involved. People can't turn into wolves. Choosing traits from the two for these critters is just that: choosing. There is no "they would do this" or "they would do that," just stories and popular opinions.
There's choosing, and then there's 'pulling crazy nonsensical bullshit out of the middle of nowhere.'
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Night Rain wrote:Because expressing opinions is bad if people don't like them...

Anyway, I find it funny how people talk about the reactions of werewolves to this as if there is any fact involved. People can't turn into wolves. Choosing traits from the two for these critters is just that: choosing. There is no "they would do this" or "they would do that," just stories and popular opinions.

If you don't like someone else's version of a make-believe creature, TS.
I am not discouraging anyone from expressing thier opinions. I am just reactng to them honestly.

White Paw said what he thinks...and I said what I thought about it. The concept repulses me, and does not feel valid to me. (Exept for Evil-Evil Demon Werewolves).

Anyone and everyone is free to disagree with me.

White Paw...don't feel bad. All you did is share your opinion. The only one who said anything personally offensive was ME, when I put down people who like "HORROR".

I'm sorry again. :(
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Oops.

Sorry, I posted the same thread.

I mean, I looked to see if anyone had already posted a topic about this, but there are so many threads, that I guess I just missed it..

I'm sorry.

I know its gets aggravating seeing the same topic over and over again.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Lupin wrote:
Night Rain wrote:Anyway, I find it funny how people talk about the reactions of werewolves to this as if there is any fact involved. People can't turn into wolves. Choosing traits from the two for these critters is just that: choosing. There is no "they would do this" or "they would do that," just stories and popular opinions.
There's choosing, and then there's 'pulling crazy nonsensical bullshit out of the middle of nowhere.'
Yeah, kinda like transforming into a half-wolf half-human thing.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

It could happen. These legends and myths must come from somewhere. :howl:  :oo
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

It could happen.
This is one of those "smile and nod" moments.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:lol: :headbanger: You mean to tell me that Dog Soldiers WASN'T a real life drama?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

I know, sad but true.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:|
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

But I remember seeing the Sarge in that Surfing Documentary 'Blue Juice'

Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Well, if you never see him again, maybe he blew up in a house full of werewolves...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

SEE!!! I knew it was real!!!!! :lol:

Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

...That was a very short time to wait.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Well if wolves are like dogs, they don't really have a sense of time. :read:

Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

I mean for you.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Night Rain wrote:
Lupin wrote:There's choosing, and then there's 'pulling crazy nonsensical bullshit out of the middle of nowhere.'
I think he meant that we already got all the bullshit and now we are just tring to put it together so its not so nonsensical.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

We have all the time in the world, (in a gravelly voice) :scream:

Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Cavman wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
Lupin wrote:There's choosing, and then there's 'pulling crazy nonsensical bullshit out of the middle of nowhere.'
I think he meant that we already got all the bullshit and now we are just tring to put it together so its not so nonsensical.
I'm going to maintain that a werewolf eating babies would be no more nonsensical than a werewolf is to begin with.