Pregnant werewolf?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

Night Rain wrote:I'm going to maintain that a werewolf eating babies would be no more nonsensical than a werewolf is to begin with.
And I will maintain the opposite. Even thogh werewolves would be unatural to begin with, they would exibit wolf instincts, even in the most primal and blood-raged state. The only creatures that eat their own offspring are insects and other forms of SMALL animals. I do not think werewolves would fall under this category, even if they are pure and utter bullshit.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Night Rain wrote:
Lupin wrote:There's choosing, and then there's 'pulling crazy nonsensical bullshit out of the middle of nowhere.'
Yeah, kinda like transforming into a half-wolf half-human thing.
Caterpillars turn into butterflies.
Water-dwelling tadpoles turn into land-dwelling frogs.

The thought of an animal changing into something that looks different isn't that far-fetched. :P
Night Rain wrote: I'm going to maintain that a werewolf eating babies would be no more nonsensical than a werewolf is to begin with.
Anything that's a product of evolution wouldn't eat their own offspring, as that completely defeats the point of procreation.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

From a totally unbiased point of view(although I AM a horror fan)....IF werewolves were real(they might be) they COULD retain an element of human rationality to their thinking. They COULD also go completely feral and bestial. I understand White Paws thinking over the baby eating thing. If the were is a feral, cursed, monster that feeds on humans, gross as it may seem, a baby is human, so.... DINNER IS SERVED. Its all ifs and buts. My personal mental picture of a werewolf has always been something, wild, and savage, not necessarily evil, but certainly cursed. I have however started thinking of it in a slightly different way after reading the 'Bitten' trilogy of books. The idea of werewolves keeping a sense of rationale and humanity after a change makes for an interesting story. But these books also allow for the fact that they can be overcome by an urge to hunt or even(in the case of Mutts) prey on humans, not just for food but for fun.

As far as I'm concerned, that covers all the bases and with that in mind I'm WELL happy. Horror and an intelligent drama can co-exist.

I think good and evil werewolves COULD exist in the same society, just as we have good, pure, clean living people living alongside the vilest child harming serial murdering scum. We have to be open minded.

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

And I will maintain the opposite. Even thogh werewolves would be unatural to begin with, they would exibit wolf instincts, even in the most primal and blood-raged state. The only creatures that eat their own offspring are insects and other forms of SMALL animals. I do not think werewolves would fall under this category, even if they are pure and utter bullshit.
They are a figment of various imaginations. What they "would" do is centered entirely around personal opinion. Again, stating their behavior as fact makes no sense.

The thought of an animal changing into something that looks different isn't that far-fetched.
Two stages in a life form that has evolved that way is vastly different from taking two serparate creatures and expecting them to merge.
Anything that's a product of evolution wouldn't eat their own offspring, as that completely defeats the point of procreation.
Rabbits will eat their own offspring if they become stressed/nervous after birth, but then rabbits were created by a divine being.
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Night Rain wrote:

The thought of an animal changing into something that looks different isn't that far-fetched.
Two stages in a life form that has evolved that way is vastly different from taking two serparate creatures and expecting them to merge.
You've missed the point.
Night Rain wrote:
Rabbits will eat their own offspring if they become stressed/nervous after birth, but then rabbits were created by a divine being.
Stressed or nervous had nothing to do with it. The poster was saying they'd do it because the offspring was 'human'
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

It all comes down to ones perception of a werewolf.

If you go with the EVIL, BERSERKER kind of werewolf, this thing is OK.

If you go with the Lateral thinking humanesque kind of werewolf, then obviously IT isn't going to wash.

Its a personal thing and no single person is right or wrong.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cavman »

Did it come across that i was ring to put that out as a fact? I'm sorry if it did, I am normaly better in my wording so as not to say something I don't wanna say.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

You've missed the point.
So this elusive point is...
Stressed or nervous had nothing to do with it. The poster was saying they'd do it because the offspring was 'human'
See my previous posts about stating their behavior as fact.

And you said "Anything that's a product of evolution wouldn't eat their own offspring" which is wrong.
Did it come across that i was ring to put that out as a fact?
The instinct part did.
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cavman »

Night Rain wrote:See my previous posts about stating their behavior as fact.
Now your just using thatr ule against us whom Accidently say it like that.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Believe it or not, I can't tell from here what you did/didn't intent to say and in what way you did/didn't intend to say it.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

It's all getting a bit confusing. So. Can we start from the beginning??

Who's for? Who's against and Who thinks it doesn't matter?

lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I'm voting FOR.. It COULD happen.

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Night Rain wrote:
You've missed the point.
Still wrong. That's a seperate point. The point I was making with that, should be fairly obvious since I stated it quite plainly:"The thought of an animal changing into something that looks different isn't that far-fetched."
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Lupin wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
You've missed the point.
Still wrong. That's a seperate point. The point I was making with that, should be fairly obvious since I stated it quite plainly:"The thought of an animal changing into something that looks different isn't that far-fetched."
The thought crossed my mind, but since I never denied metamorphosis I couldn't see why you'd want to prove it's existence.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:|
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Night Rain wrote:
Lupin wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
You've missed the point.
The thought crossed my mind, but since I never denied metamorphosis I couldn't see why you'd want to prove it's existence.
It's not a normal metamorphosis.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

White Paw wrote::|
You seem to have held that expression for some time now. Did the wind change?
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:lol:

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

nope just watching what i started..... :|
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cavman »

Night Rain wrote:Believe it or not, I can't tell from here what you did/didn't intent to say and in what way you did/didn't intend to say it.
Eh... Hmmmm..... What? ?? ??
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Cavman wrote:
Night Rain wrote:Believe it or not, I can't tell from here what you did/didn't intent to say and in what way you did/didn't intend to say it.
Text only conveys what you write in it. I don't know who has said something "accidentally" or not.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Night Rain wrote:
Cavman wrote:
Text only conveys what you write in it. I don't know who has said something "accidentally" or not.
thats why you should try to make the best assumptions, something a lttle more positive.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Bleah. Can't you people just agree to disagree? Chill, yeesh.

I merely wish to know why some people think a werewolf would eat her own young. I want a reason, damn it! Give me a bloody reason!

What's the point in reproducing if you're only going to chomp your offspring?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Set wrote:Bleah. Can't you people just agree to disagree? Chill, yeesh.

I merely wish to know why some people think a werewolf would eat her own young. I want a reason, damn it! Give me a bloody reason!

What's the point in reproducing if you're only going to chomp your offspring?
Maybe because they like babies too much?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I think some believe the whole "Eating their own offspring thing" becuase we have been taught, well some, that werewolves, vampires, anything of the occult, is bad and scary. If it's bad and scary, it must do bad and scary things right? And then some beileve that werewolves eat their young becuase of their "nature". Becuase they are feral and wild. But that is not true. Many feral and wild creatures don't eat their young, they care and protect them. That's just my opinion on this matter.