Crocodile Hunter Was Killed

The place for anything at all...
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

RIP Steve Irwan

Educating everyone for years on end, may your legend continue on for years.

one last howl for this great man

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I was wondering. According to the latest news reports, Steve Irwin took the barb out himself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060906/ap_ ... NlYwM3NjI-

Ok...if he left it in and had the doctors remove it, will he still be alive today?

Did taking out the barb do more damage and caused him to die at the scene?
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

(Well, now some are wondering if the barb fell out itself, but they're still not sure.)

We can assume by him taking the barb out, that it did do more damage.
If your stabbed with something, then that object becomes a part of you and any attempt to pull whatever it is thats in you can damage more organs on the way out, then it did on the way in.

The barb did punture his heart, so I don't know if he would have had a better chance of surviving if he just left it in.

Maybe a slim chance.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

he died, its sad, but we got to remember his work and move on, stop mourning and start doing somthing productive for the animals!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

My friend is his cousin. That shocks me utterly. I didn't know. He's distraught and hidden himself in his house from the outside...since it's all over the media. I feel so damned bad for his family. I really do. The media are vultures. They did this to my mother's friend when her daughter died.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

A feminist critic

Post by Set »

Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14694683/
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I have Set. I actually just read that. In a way he did exploit animals...he did put on shows with them but I think the woman was exagerating. He wasnt that bad. He did way more good then harm.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Figarou wrote:I was wondering. According to the latest news reports, Steve Irwin took the barb out himself.

Ok...if he left it in and had the doctors remove it, will he still be alive today?

well he was probly trying to get it out before poison got to his blood stream(yes, it was poisinous) I would say that no matter what he did he probly would have died from it.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

I heard that the initial puncture was pretty much what killed him. Leaving it in wouldn't have helped much. Poor poor Steve-o. :cry:

Uh, Set.
"In 2003 she criticized J.R.R. Tolkien’s “Lord of the Rings” trilogy for attracting “spaced-out hippies, environmentalists, free-market libertarians, social conservatives, pacifists, new-age theosophists, sexists and racists the world over.”"

Dude. Weird. :|

Though Steve wasn't always the most cautious man, he was an absolutely good person. He was sensitive and hard working. I admired him for doing as much as he did for animals. Like other people here, I grew up watching and learning from Steve's show.

*sigh* I love Jeff Corwin, too...more than Steve, even. But, still. Steve Irwin was incredible. Plus, when I'm older, I fully intend to go into that field of work - wildlife conservation, animal handling, wild animal psychology. Steve dying hasn't put me off my dream at all. If anything, I'm more determined. Someone needs to help carry on his sort of work! :wink:

Rest in peace, Steve! We love you. :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

God I was hope it was a bad joke when I heard about at Dragon Con on Sunday. Wow I want to say this is a bad day indeed. I hope for the best for his Kids and Wife..... :cry:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Figarou wrote:I was wondering. According to the latest news reports, Steve Irwin took the barb out himself.

well he was probly trying to get it out before poison got to his blood stream(yes, it was poisinous) I would say that no matter what he did he probly would have died from it.

Some say he bled to death. Others say it was the shock that stopped his heart. I'm just confused.

I REALLY would like to know WHAT killed him. If there is a report of the cause of death, can someone post it?
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

It was most likley the poison in the barb, he took it to the heart and the poison went througout his body, hiting every organ, he wouldn't have had long and he would have been in alot of pain
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Right through the heart? Thats crazy! Thats gotta be like one in a million shot!

Thats it! The stingray did it on purpose! It was planned! :lol: j/k

Sorry...was that not appropriate?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

I felt bad about the death of the crocodile hunter. I know him not personaly but I talk with him in letters and e-mails. I'm going to work on a website in honor of Steve Irwin. For those who which to add their saying or anything feel free to ask me or talk with me about it. I'll keep you posted on update on the website.
DayStar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: One who stalks the shadows

Post by DayStar »

According to my understanding it was the puncture wound that killed him. The stingray's barb hit his heart and he pulled it out and the next moment he's gone. Stingrays do not generate electricity, but as people have said they are poisionus. The animalplanet site has all sorts of details. I would recomend going there to do research.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It's inconclusive at this point; it could have been either. To date, at least according to Wikipedia, there have been only seventeen known deaths from stingray barbs, and Irwin's was the only one ever caught on camera. It was a freakish accident, a one in a million thing, and it happened to the man who travelled the world to handle all ten of the world's deadliest snakes. I think of it as akin to General Patton's being out there on the front lines in the Allied land invasion of Nazi-occupied Europe, only to get killed in an auto accident.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

MoonKit wrote:Thats it! The stingray did it on purpose! It was planned! :lol: j/k

Sorry...was that not appropriate?
TOO SOON TOO SOON!! :lol:

Just kidding.

I agree with Scott, though. Such an unlucky and ironic thing. He wasn't even messing with the ray.

I think Steven Colbert needs to put stingrays "On Notice."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I heard on the radio that thier was this one wrestler On ECW totaly disrespected Steve Irwin.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Leviathan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Leviathan »

Lupin wrote:This is a stingray barb o_O:

That's hard...
ImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Hmm, crikey...

RIP, Steve.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Is anyone else watching the Steve Irwin Memorial on the Animal Planet at this moment.

It is so beautiful... :cry: Im literaly trying to keep myself from crying.

Even hes daughter gave out a beautiful speech. :cryeyesout:

We love you Steve Irwin!! We miss you!!

I sometimes think "Why couldnt that have been me to get stabbed by the sting ray, instead of Steve? Why god? Of all the people why did it had to be him"

He was like the second Jesus to me.

Such a beautiful memorial. You Austrailians are very lucky to have an actual hero amongst you. :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:cry: I'm listening to it right now, I'm on the verge of tears
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

They even set up a set of flowers saying Crike!!

EDIT: I just realized something....Just now I had a dejavu of this exact event happening.

I once had a dream of steve irwin died, and I was typing to you guys as I was watching the memorial like this one. I remember it, Im not making this up. These kind of thing happens to me.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I know :cry: