What would be some good music to go along with a werewolf TF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hmms.. time to instill some confidence in the pack regarding my artistic selections..

First transformation sequence in the script.
Music: dueling banjos.. by roy clark and buck owen

second transformation sequence in the script.
Music: Theme from gilligans island

third and most intense transformation sequence in the script.
Music: The star wars theme.

Yes, yes YES.... I'm tellin ya.. its gonna rock.. sweet awesomness.. not to mention replacing the cracks and pops in the sound fx track with slide whistles and a tambourine. :D

Have confidence in the director, he knows what he's doing.. E Landers is currently working on the sock puppet version of the script as well.

AB
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

LOL, I think you better lay of the wine before posting man J/K :lol:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

ABrownrigg wrote:Hmms.. time to instill some confidence in the pack regarding my artistic selections..

First transformation sequence in the script.
Music: dueling banjos.. by roy clark and buck owen

second transformation sequence in the script.
Music: Theme from gilligans island

third and most intense transformation sequence in the script.
Music: The star wars theme.

Yes, yes YES.... I'm tellin ya.. its gonna rock.. sweet awesomness.. not to mention replacing the cracks and pops in the sound fx track with slide whistles and a tambourine. :D

Have confidence in the director, he knows what he's doing.. E Landers is currently working on the sock puppet version of the script as well.

AB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:D Good for you man! I can't wait for it to come out :D I just hope it isn't a limited release, cause I would really like it to come out to atlantic Canada. :D
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I just visualized that, a slide whistle accompanying the extension of the snout/muzzle! Sounds like the videotape dub hacks my brother and I used to do when we were teenagers! :lol:

Then again I have a fondness for the absurd...I used to pop my cheek when Eddie Quist yanked the bullet out of his head!
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

:shift: Like most people on this string I think the music is relative to the scene. Some nice crunchy dark speed metal for a TF before or during a battle, (Slayer, Sabbat or summat like). Something mellower in the background if its a situation like Davids first TF An American Werewolf in London. Even playing in the background on the Radio or CD player. I'd love 'Doing the Unstuck' by the cure personally, but thats just me. shhowl hwlwnk
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

SLAYER :headbanger:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:headbanger: WELCOME TO THE MOSH PIT!! :headbanger: :wings:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

tHE NEW SLAYER C.D. FREKIN KICKS BUTT ...............Definately a T.F. c.d. :VERYcaf: :headbanger: :VERYcaf: :headbanger: :VERYcaf:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I gotta be honest. I haven't listend to them for years but I got Reign in Blood and South of Heaven. :headbanger: They're purfick. You should check out Sabbat tho. History Of A Time To Come is an AWESOME album and thier second album Dreamweaver (concept album based on a book called Way of the Wyrd) not far behind. They both have tracks that would suit a TF scene bang on. :wings:

Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Like the music from the teaser would work, Classical, Builds slowly and sets a nice mood.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Yeah I know what your both saying. Orchestral is good, but in some situations like I said above, for instance just before or during a battle/fight, the urgency and darkness of a thrash track can fit the bill.

That said, the mellow version of Blue Moon that was used for the 1st TF in American Werewolf worked spot on just in the background between scenes. :wolfsheepclothing:

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Aborym - Ruinrama Kolossal S.P.Q.R.

One of the best songs I've ever heard! And I think that the modern agressive sound of this song really fits for a TF-scene! The title-track of they'r latest album Generator is also cool (and listenable on http://www.myspace.com/aborym666 !).

Check it!
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

O Fortuna would be pretty interesting... :D Maybe not quite fitting, though.
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Syzygy wrote:On the other side of the coin the right music does wonders. i.e. Gladiator's score was done by Hans Zimmerman and I think it was brilliant and suited the scenes perfectly. It was subtle when it needed to be and epical at other times.
I totally agree. Hans Zimmer does really nice orchestral scores. When I'm writing stuff for my Werewolf: The Apocalypse group, I always listen to the Black Hawk Down soundtrack. Even though it has a strong Middle Eastern feel to it, which isn't exactly what I would qualify as my ideal music, my stories ideally have a certain suspensful mystery. Would something along the lines of the Black Hawk Down soundtrack work for Freeborn? That... depends.

All of the ideas suggested would probably be really good... depending upon the kind of movie Freeborn is going to be. What is the emotional "flavor" of the movie? If the movie is going to be about an ordinary human-being being turned into a werewolf, and it's all mysterious with wolves darting from one shadow to the next just out of the character's peripheral vision... signs and hints of what's happening, but the characters are really in the dark (either figuratively or literally), then an eerie Hans Zimmer(esque) score would be perfect. If on the other hand, it's going to be an Underworld/Matrix knock-off gothic action kind of flick, then the whole Nine Inch Nails Techno crowd are on the right track. If it's going to be a more traditional horror flick, then another approach could be used (on a side note, if they wanted to stay with the whole low-budget idea, remember Blair Witch. No music worked great because it was a "reality" kind of look. Freeborn as a personal video diary of a character who gets infected with lycanthropy might be cool.) Without knowing what the atmosphere of the movie will be (mysterious, suspensful, angry/angsty/action, or something else entirely) it's sort of an irrelevant question (what should the music be like, that is). I'm tempted to start asking questions along these lines, but I want to be surprised (same reason I haven't requested to preview the script... even though I'm dying to know). Ican'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twaitIcan'twait! :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Soundtracks: I would love to hear songs like the ones used in Ravenous (in that style, I mean)! I've got the complete soundtrack from that movie on my computer, and I must say that its one of the best movie-soundtracks I've heard. A somehow freaky, but melancholic music. Especially the end-song from Ravenous almost moved me to tears.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Huntress
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: I am the one that chose my fate, i feel the anger changing me...

Post by Huntress »

"Animal i have become" by Three Days Grace it's the perfect song for a shifting scene, but if it's a short shift there is no point. This song should be played either when it's the first shift or the second one.
There's a soul howling for freedom...can u hear it?

Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

Huntress wrote:"Animal i have become" by Three Days Grace it's the perfect song for a shifting scene, but if it's a short shift there is no point. This song should be played either when it's the first shift or the second one.
This, I agree with, Read the Lyrics and listen to the song, heck, this would be a good theme song for a Werewolf PERIOD.

that, and if it's Real long, maybe... ((incoming FFVII geekness))

"One Winged Angel", The FFVII Advent Children Rock Version!
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Scott Gardener wrote:Celtic stuff can also work; Loreena McKennitt, the bagpipy part of The Church's "Under the Milky Way,"
Completely off topic, but much respect to Scott for knowing that song. Great listening.

Trying to think of something actually relevant... I've got a bit of a scenario running through my mind after reading this (and in fact I can almost visualise it, which in my case generally means I've seen it in a movie and mostly forgotten it): someone's at a party, there's the usual party sort of music going thump thump etc.; they start feeling ill, go off to a bedroom or a bathroom or a spare room of some sort, you just hear muffled music, and then the character starts going through the usual transformation type scene and the sounds are what the werewolf would be hearing - the muffled music would seque into the werewolf hearing his/her own heartbeat and the sort of "omigod I'm turning into something hairy!" sort of noises.

Yeah, sounds sort of garbled I suppose... I can see it but not describe it... wouldn't actually mind knowing which movie my subconscious pinched it from...
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

It would truly depend on what you want the person watching the movie to feel. Or rather, what kind of emotional element you want in it.
If you the heart-rushing, drama-building type of emotion, you would want the orchestral, probably the cello and bass. Possibly drums. Violas and Violins help contribute to a sad feeling, a feeling of loss. Brass instruments give a person a sense of victory, and winds, when done properly, can convey a sense of longing.
And that's my two cents.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Don't you want somebody to love you?

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:If we're going to go that route, maybe something psychedelic, such as Jefferson Airplane? "White Rabbit"?
I wish I'd payed closer attention to this thread, because that's a very good idea. Especially for a "first exposure" scene where the main character of focus has no idea what he's looking at or what's happening to him/herself.

I'd comment further, but unfortunately my experience when it comes to "trippy" psychedelic music is extremely limited. I'm sure the Blue Man Group could come up with something appropriate if given a clip, but I don't know if anything they've done could have a transformation scene built around it. :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Just curious: will the movie contain any real songs? And by that I mean songs composed and performed by bands?
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Don't see why not, I came across a version of Killing Moon on the new Nouvelle Vague album Band A Part. Not necessarily one for a TF scene but definately right for the openening credits.

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »