How does the Transformation Progress?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

How does the Transformation Progress?

Post by Darth Canis »

So a werewolf is about to transform what happens? Do they crouch to their knees first or do their eyes change first? Is the process different for every werewolf? Do they sprout hair before or after their face becomes more canine like? Just some questions to get a convo started. I didn't think we actually covered the logistics of what changes first etc. So what do you think?
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

maybe he or she starts to cringe and yell in pain...falls to the ground and as the fur stars to develop. the facial features change along with other aspects of the body pretty much all at once....eyes change as the nails start to grow.... joints re-align.......vocals deepen and teeth growth starts..

and the rest continues but i cant type much longer so ill stop here.....but thats just my views on how it might start.. :D
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=348

Scroll down to about the third one. But thats just what they say their gonna use in the movie.

Personaly, I say every one is different.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I actually like the muzzle to start forming before the fur grows, but have the tail grow in fully furred. My vision of the transformation sequence is a little oddball. I'd have to give it a little more thought in order to describe it properly.

One thing that is a must, no matter what changes first, is the mouth being at least partially open. The werewolves avoid nasty tongue slicing via their own fangs that way. Might account for the "snarling beast" image, anyone witnessing that would assume it's a snarl.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

1. - What Kind of Werewolf? (WolfMan, Gestalt or Ferral shape? Anthro-like, Underworld-like, hideous monster-like...?)

2. - Biological, sci-fi achieved metamorphosis or magical transformation?

3. - "Curse", "Blessing", Natural Ability, Unnaturally forced, or mixed?

4. - Most 'Likely' shifting order/proccess, 'Preferred' method, or most 'Entertaining'?

...I just don't know where to begin. Different for each kind of Werewolf I guess, and maybe even slightly different for two Werewolves of the same variety.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I completely agree Vuldari. I am not so much for the whole magical shift were poof one minute they are a human a cloud of smoke apears and then they are a wolf. But i do agree the mental state the werewolf is in effects how they change. If its a natural form to them they slide almost pain free through the process and its an almost you have to feel things to know your alive after all. Someone who views it as a curse it will take much longer be extremely painful and very grotesque to watch. As far as changing from wolf pack to human... I really don't have an opinion unless i hear others ideas. I think also did we agree that only very experienced werewolves can acheieve gestalt right? In that case their transformation to that stage would also be more fluid and not as choppy as a beginner.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Human to wolf:

Fur
Eyes
EXtremities (paws, snout, tail etc.)(claws and teeth included)
Rest of face and neck
Torso

But thats just my opinion...

Wolf to human would probably be the same. :|
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: How does the Transformation Progress?

Post by Moonstalker »

Darth Canis wrote:So a werewolf is about to transform what happens? Do they crouch to their knees first or do their eyes change first? Is the process different for every werewolf? Do they sprout hair before or after their face becomes more canine like? Just some questions to get a convo started. I didn't think we actually covered the logistics of what changes first etc. So what do you think?
I think it this way: Bones start to grow and get ready for the change. Senses and the neural system becomes more sensitive. Muschles start to grow pretty much in the same time with the bones. I think the werewolves have the good hearing and other senses already when they are human so they don't have to evolve during the shifting process.
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

I think that their is a topic that talks about this and tell the order and everything it is a old one I think :D
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

I would say start with fur growth, then claws and feet begin to change. and while the person is hunched over from this begin the size change, tail, and skull reconstruction at the same time. Overwhelming their system and effectivly numbing the pain as a result. A quik and almost painless transformation (if they don't fight it)

Maybe the first time it could hurt horribly as they may try to fight it rather than relaxing and letting it come.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

I love seeing the back grow and seeing the spinal cord rise through skin and seeing the hands turn into paws and the claws poping out then the teeth coming in then the body becoming bigger and more muscler I REAlly like seeing girls transform seeing the shirt pop open and there brest budge out lck and the hair prouting out and the face is usualy last thing to change in most movies. :shift:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html