good things about humanity

The place for anything at all...
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Hearth wrote:I call it fatalism. :P

Let's just say, then... Humans are inventive.
I call it arrogance. :P

We simply do not have the technology necessary to destroy an entire biosphere.

And this deserves it's own mention:

Pie.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Lupin wrote:
Hearth wrote:I call it fatalism. :P

Let's just say, then... Humans are inventive.
I call it arrogance. :P

We simply do not have the technology necessary to destroy an entire biosphere.

And this deserves it's own mention:

Pie.
Did I say that it would be us humans that would deliberately destroy our biosphere? I'm just saying... There are so many things that could destroy it with or without human assistance.

I may be completely wrong and we will for centuries and millenias upon this planet (or others) and live in harmony with nature and all it's creatures. I really hope so.

And... Most of us humans are nice and all that, it's just so that there's always couple of rotten apples spoiling the barrel. (Or maybe I just watch too much television.)

I mean... What's gone into me today. Usually I'm decently optimistic etc., but today I've been unusually pessimistic. Could the mathematic's test tomorrow have something to do with it? hwlwnk
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Art. That is it. The human race has exceed any other that has evolved on this planet (that we know of) in a capacity for art; in stories, in poetry, in pictures and music and drama, in the sharing of ideas, in cusine, and the ability to make pictrues of nature's most astounding displays of natural beauty on earth and beyond.

And we can create artificial life (not totally, YET)... Our species may well spawn the next generation of life: silicon...