Would you like to become a werewolf by borth or bite?

The place for anything at all...

Which would you proffer

Bittin
58%
Born
42%

Total votes: 26

Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Would you like to become a werewolf by borth or bite?

Post by Jessie-Simone »

:x If you could become a werewolf which would you proffer being bittin or born.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Hmm... seen as I wasn't born a ww, then probably bitten.

Which makes this topic kinda pointless, doesn't it? :roll:
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Born.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

What about the other options?

Enchantment,

reincarnation (maybe same things as birth except parents arn't werewolves),

werewolf spirit possessing human body.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

:roll: Well you can put that.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

"Bitten"

...if I was born with it, then it would just be "normal" to me and I probobly wouldn't appreciate it as much. (If it is the kind of lycanthrpy that can be apprecieated, that is, and not a really Horrible kind)

Besides...since I have allready been born NOT a werewolf, I would have to die and be born again as a werewolf baby for that to be an option. ...which is just weird.

I agree with Rhuen though..."Enchantment" or other instances of Mysticism I think are just as valid as options as "Born" or "Bitten".

...but given only those two options..."Bitten". Then you get the exitement of gaining abilities you didn't have before...and you don't have to die and be reincarnated, or be the winner of the genetic lottery or anything.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

If werewolves existed,

I'd prefer to be born one. But Vuldari has a valid point, right now my only choice is bitten, or by magic or curse. But since we don't know if they exist, I guess I'll imagine I'd be born into some alternate reality.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Being bitten, if you get bitten, then you go through alot of changes, not just physical, and changing for the first time too
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

BORN... :D
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

If I was a born werewolf, I might need a different set of parents and siblings.
But what if I perfered my old parents and siblings better? Then it would totally suck being born a werewolf.

Of course I'd need to either die and reincarnate as a werewolf, growup, and prove that werewolves existed to tell you if being born one is such a great idea, but I guess that'd take way too long and would be inconvienent if I asked for a new life and was turned down :( Oh and don't forget I have to prove to you guys that after I reincarnate werewolves do exist. :P

I therefore side with getting non-permanent physical injury to induce a conversion into lycanthropy. It's much quicker, avoids getting a new family and friends, and doesn't touch the issue of the existance of reincarnation. The only hard part is telling everyone that you can now shapeshift because you were injured by a werewolf. (Shouldn't take too long with a webcam in AOL)
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Bitten, any day of the week...

Seeing as though I've been born already, if I wanted to be a werewolf at birth, I'd have to die and pray that reincarnation works. Getting bitten is a whole lot less complicated.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i thnk a bitten werewolf might appretiate lycanthropy a little more than a born one...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

We're speaking as if the whole world were werewolf fans. You must admit, your average everyday person who doesn't paruse this forum or wait in line for werewolf movies, would probably not want to be EITHER :}
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Like Fox network, Werewolf comes on after Thirtysomething

Post by Scott Gardener »

I also went with bitten, simply because I have a hard time seeing myself at the age of 33 being a born lycanthrope and only just now coming down with it. Granted, in most of our models of lycanthropy, my own included, those born with it have an easier time than those bitten. Still, if I'm born with it but don't shift until I'm over 30, then born or bitten, either way the first shift probably hurts a bit.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Re: Would you like to become a werewolf by borth or bite?

Post by Vuldari »

Jessie-Simone wrote: If you could become a werewolf which would you proffer being bittin or born.
This whole conversation seems to be pivoting on the slightly off nature of this question.

The question is "If you could BECOME a werewolf...".

You can't "Become" something that you allready are. To take the "Born" option would be to say that you allready ARE a werewolf, and have been since...ever. ...so you cant "Become" a werwolf again, obviously.

I know many have allready voted, but perhaps we should adjust the circumstances of the question to say:
(Inspired by Scott Gardeners Last Post)

"If you were to become a Werewolf Tomorrow, which would you like better;

To be bitten and then transformed?

Or to discover that you have been a werewolf all along, since birth, and your blood heritage has just awakened?"

That is a wierd question...but at least then both options are viable.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Would you like to become a werewolf by borth or bite?

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
"If you were to become a Werewolf Tomorrow, which would you like better;

To be bitten and then transformed?

Or to discover that you have been a werewolf all along, since birth, and your blood heritage has just awakened?"

That is a wierd question...but at least then both options are viable.

This is why I havn't posted my opinion.

You could be born one and not know it until later on when the 1st change occurs.

You could be bitten and nothing may happen right away. You could have your 1st change several years later and you'll be thinking you was born a werewolf if you forgotten that you was bit.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I originally thought of the post as asking whether you would of liked to have been a werewolf all along and grew up with it, or were bitten and just discovered it.

Which my answer to that question would be bitten. I want to feel that rush of new power. I understand growing up aware that I was a lycanthrope would probably make my life a lot easier, but it'd also make being a werewolf much more normal to me.

And, if I were to choose between having been born a werewolf all along, or bitten by one (neither option resulting in me growing up knowing myself as a werewolf.), I would still choose bitten. I would choose to be bitten because then I would know I'm in for it, otherwise if I were just born that way I'd be completely clueless right up until my first shift (even though that might mean I'd have family to suport me.).
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

I would actually like to be born, but havie it be something where I would not realize I had the power untill suchandsuch and age. Perhaps it would be triggered by an emotional point in my life and from then on out I could shift when I wanted to.

However, I actually have a bit of a conflicting desire. as My comic is based on my wish to how I would have liked to have become a werewolf, but it had it where the original member of my family was cursed, and pased the shifting genes. From then on out the Shifitn ability was recognized to be only in my family, and that it was triggered by an Emotional output of somesort.

However, when I finilized my firry side, I came up with the story of he was ADOPTED into the family, so how does one make him a werewolf? By being bitten. getting bittn by a werewolf would most likely be very, VERY painful, and in the case of my character, he was not only bitten, but had his arm torn off and then repalced by a Cybernetically altered arm with various tools and weaponry.

So for me, if I could be garrentee the chance for me to bee like my fursona, with the Cyborg arm and all, I would be bitten. if not, I would like to be born.
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Bitten.

As stated before, you'd have far more appreciation for your gift. 'Sides, there are a number of ways one can end up bitten, and not all of them involve being savagely mauled. :lol:

And yeah, it'd hurt like hell. Probably would scar too. But, it'd be a cool scar, and totally worth it. 8)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Aki wrote: And yeah, it'd hurt like hell. Probably would scar too. But, it'd be a cool scar, and totally worth it. 8)
If you leave out the werewolf part, it'd give you a great story to tell at parties.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Born
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

For me either way goes. born would be nicer since its the less painful approach, but I dont really care.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Born, so that it manifests later on.
Eat more tobasco.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

Had a weird thought on born, Etherial reincarnation. an ageless immortal werewolf like creature could die at some point and its spirit retain the knowledge of its DNA and imprint this in its new incarnation, but the power has to be activated at some point, until then the memory and power of the werewolf would be hidden from the host, who would go around not knowing there true potential.
But oh say something like a horrible accident occures and their survival instinct activates the power with in and they regain the memory and power. Not like the old memory overwrites the new but merges with it, a whole new personality would emerge the old with the new.

a way to be born one with out your parents also being werewolves.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

bitten. it would make a really good story to tell at parties.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com