Best Werewolf I seen

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

What the best trasnformation for a werewolf?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:32 pm

Under the light of the moon only
18%
Under there own power
51%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
5%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
3%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
23%

Total votes: 39

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Wolves do wag their tails a bit. Not as much as dogs do but they do wag their tails enough. When they're playing or just in a good mood. :wagtail:

But we shouldnt have to worry about a werewolf with a tail looking less serious. A werewolf's tail is not going to be wagging while its attacking. Wolves tails dont wag when hunting.

http://www.timberwolfinformation.org/ki ... s.htm#tail
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I know but usually if they have a tail it may distract the audience. Depending how you do it, if its too long and its fluffy, then it will stick out in any of van helsing werewolves. Then agien even if it is short it will still look rather wierd. So no tails for Van Helsing werewolves, IMO it simply wouldnt look good.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I think a medium length tail that only moves slightly with some movements wouldnt even be noticed but for the Van Helsing werewolves it would have to be semi short and mostly skinny but I do see your point about them. Most tails wouldnt fit. And they were going for a certain look, not to please people.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Shadow Wulf wrote: So no tails for Van Helsing werewolves, it simply wouldnt look good.
I am sorry mate but you've just contradicted yourself.

A few posts back you were slating people for having an opinion, and for stating it. You have just done exactly that. You have just TOLD us that a tail wouldn't look good. NOW, I could go into a 500 word rant on how I find people who tell you what to think infuriating, but I won't, You are expressing your opinion, which you are entitled to do..... JUST LIKE THE REST OF US.

I like the Van Helsing werewolf, With or without tale.

I like the Underworld werewolf, With or without tale.

Like I said before, I PERSONALLY didn't find the underworld werewolves particularly wolfy. THAT IS MY OPINION.

Simple. :)
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

oh god. That didnt come out right. I should have said in my oppinion. I didnt mean to say it as a fact. Sorry everyone.

But hey Lupine, atleast you like some werewolves even without tails, thats nice to know. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I never siad I didn't like them without tales fella.

Think about how many werewolf films you've seen with or without tales. I would hazard a guess that there are probably more without than with. I honestly have never taken that much notice, I could be wrong(and probably am) but one of my faves(american werewolf in London) didn't have one, and to me, it didn't look particularly wolfy. Every film interprets the werewolf differently. Some successfully some DEFINITELY NOT. But none are right or wrong.

I watch werewolf films because I love werewolves AS A CONCEPT. I love the legend and lore, the myth and the science fact.

We've all got our faves. And I know that my favourites are by no means perfect. :D

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Before I say anything else, I understand what the no-tails people are saying about wagging tails. That said, my opinion is that tails look good on a werewolf, and do not detract from anything even if you're going for the scary I'm-going-to-eat-you kind of werewolf effect. It just has to be done well. There aren't any movies that had werewolves with tails that immediately come to mind, so maybe it would be more technically demanding to pull the right aesthetic effect off in a motion picture, but there's all kind of artwork out there that has werewolves with tails. The stuff that most prominently comes into my mind would be Ron Spencer's artwork (Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Werewolf: The Forsaken). His werewolves are not the fluffy cute kinds of werewolves. They're very much the snarling, death-beast kind of werewolves. They have tails and yet they are believably scary. The effect is really good. I have to believe that you could get that same kind of appearance in a movie.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:hey. Underworld werewolf fan right here.
+1
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

+2
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Uniform Two Six wrote:Before I say anything else, I understand what the no-tails people are saying about wagging tails. That said, my opinion is that tails look good on a werewolf, and do not detract from anything even if you're going for the scary I'm-going-to-eat-you kind of werewolf effect. It just has to be done well. There aren't any movies that had werewolves with tails that immediately come to mind, so maybe it would be more technically demanding to pull the right aesthetic effect off in a motion picture, but there's all kind of artwork out there that has werewolves with tails. The stuff that most prominently comes into my mind would be Ron Spencer's artwork (Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Werewolf: The Forsaken). His werewolves are not the fluffy cute kinds of werewolves. They're very much the snarling, death-beast kind of werewolves. They have tails and yet they are believably scary. The effect is really good. I have to believe that you could get that same kind of appearance in a movie.
tails can work if done right, and it has to be just right, their cant be any mishaps. Also werewolf with tails usually look better on paper (artwork). I agree that we should have movies with werewolfs that have tails, but dont criticize someone elses design because it has something you dont like or want.
Image Image
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Shadow Wulf wrote: I agree that we should have movies with werewolfs that have tails, but dont criticize someone elses design because it has something you dont like or want.
Oh, I wasn't criticizing. I was just trying to say that I think a werewolf doesn't have to be tailless to be scary. If you're the director of a movie and a tail doesn't fit in with your concept of the creature, or you just don't want to have to deal with the issue of making it look "just right", then delete the tail, by all means.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

White Paw wrote:+2
Yay! :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

oh how things have changed (for the better) !! :o
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

as far as video games go Jon Talbain and Yugo for me too. Although I did like Doyle from Shining the Holy Ark, but I don't think he techniquely counts as a werewolf.
its a shame Capcom comics seems to have stopped part way into their new Darkstalkers comics. I own all that they have released. I wanted to see more of Jon Talbain and Felicia on their journey together.

As for movies. Honestly I have not seen a werewolf I really enjoyed above all the rest. They each had their flaws, and some had good points.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Comic Books tend to have really good looking werewolves in them, but usually they dont have tails.
Image Image
Focrow
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Focrow »

http://www.rowsby.com/personal_cg.html
Scroll down, until you found "Quentin"

But I haven't found the "perfect werewolf", yet. Maybe I'm expecting too much *gg*
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

One of the better werewolf in a comic book apperances, although a bit cartoonish and exagerated abit. but still better than most comic book werewolves.

http://www.capcomcomics.com/Darkstalker ... over_b.jpg

http://www.capcomcomics.com/Darkstalker ... page_b.jpg

http://www.capcomcomics.com/Darkstalker ... page_c.jpg

[/img]
Focrow
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Focrow »

Yay, another werewuff on steroids *gg*
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

Hmm here I come back to the Tail or No Tail thing again. Well I can see that a tail is not needn't in the comic or books, And ofthen you see them without it in movies and books. But I think put a tail on a werewolf is like sexly thing. like docking tails off dogs, make the dog look more mean or something. you see tails on cartoon or stuff toys. maybe that why they leave the tail off. But if you look at a were with no tail then it looks like a Weremonkey or skiny baer. this make ture wolf fans want the tail on the wolf. because Dogs and woves use the tail for communitcating (A lot
) but rearly do you see werewolve in populaur movies and books Communitcate nothing but anger and Must kill you. :roll:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I like the tails because again, as I said before they can convey attitude. I hae no problem with a character wagging their tail, because it's CUTE! :}

CUTE SELLS :}
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:I like the tails because again, as I said before they can convey attitude. I hae no problem with a character wagging their tail, because it's CUTE! :}

CUTE SELLS :}

Yup.....he is right. Cute is "IN!"
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

The sheer lack of a tail or some overly short tail on a werewolf has made almost every werewolf in a movie look like a gorilla, baboon, or bear: with a dog mask.
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

well there you have it ...Tails are in
1 there sexy
2 there fluffy and cute
3 makes you looks like a Full wolf
4 evey one wants to pull and cuddle you

Tails win :P
Huntress
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: I am the one that chose my fate, i feel the anger changing me...

Post by Huntress »

Thats what a werewolf should look like an over grown wolf, not all that Hollywood s***.

yes yugo is the best and he's the only one i play with also.
There's a soul howling for freedom...can u hear it?