Your favorite CANCELED TV show

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

David The Gnome. I miss that show.
Mighty Max. I don't know if I'd still like it, as it was one of those cartoons that aired in the mornings, but it was awesome at the time. One of the main characters was a chicken.
Gargoyles. Does this one need an explaination?
Keen Eddie. The ONE cop show I actually liked, and they pulled it off the air.
Point Pleasant. It was cancelled right?
Last edited by Set on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I left out shows that had a good run before being cancelled. For example, Star Trek: the Next Generation was originally contracted to run seven years, and it made it through as planned.

But, I did forget to put Star Trek: Enterprise on the list. It got axed a bit early, and it's last season felt like four seasons worth of story arcs crammed into one.

I'll have to admit that yes, Manimal was pretty simplistic, and of Werewolf, there were more bad, formulaic stories than good ones, but the good episodes still made each series potentially great even outside my therian biases.

As for my age, I remember when the original Battlestar came out as well. Far more kitchy and old-school sci-fi than the new series, but it had for its time phenomenal visual effects (even if after the pilot it was THE SAME visual effects each episode) and a superb fanfare by the London Symphony Orchestra. And, Lorn Greene as Adama--fantastic presence and great voice. (Thankfully, the new Adama and Madame President both have excellent presence in their own right. They were the first to help win me over to appreciating the new version.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

My favorite cancelled tv show? Truly I can answer most of the tv shows that I've ever liked (because the only ones I watch now are House and Criminal Intent!)

(I find most current tv very craptastic, and so you'll find most of the shows on this list were made before I was born/before I was old enough to understand them).

Incredible Hulk -- oh man, Bill Bixby was an awesome actor. I loved it when he went "white eyes" and yet, I'm not a big fan of huge hullking creatures (how ironic?). I've always watched TIH for the emotion (yes, there was a lot!) then for the smashing up and destroying things. Strange.

Werewolf -- I know a couple of you didn't like this show, but that's ok. brought werewolves to TV, right? I think that is at least something interesting. So what if this show was The Incredible Hulk, except instead of turning green our main character turned hairy?! I guess I enjoy formulaic (sic) television.

Quantum Leap -- I seriously still don't understand what I loved about this show, but it certainly is one of my top 10 favorites.

X-Files --- oh David Duchovny, you are still so dreamy ... sigh I think I watched this show because I enjoyed the chemistry between Mulder and Scully. Towards the end of the show I lost a little interest. I needed my mom to keep me current on the events of the show! lol

The Monkees -- I bet this one is a suprise after all those sci-fi shows I just listed. I *heart* the monkees, plain and simple. I've met all but Davy, and I used ot have a guitar signed by the three I met. I still think Peter Tork is one of the nicest guys in music business! if it weren't for the Monkees, I don't know if I would have ever became interested in music.

hmm.... I think that's all for now. There were many sitcoms I enjoyed watching in middle school and high school, but I don't consider them favorites any more.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I have a few here and not surprisingly many of mine have already made the list....

Star Trek Voyager (god i miss this show and the dvds are mad expensive)
Gargoyles
Dark Wing Duck
Daria
Futurama
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Taril
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Taril »

SeaQuest DSV
Keep Howlin!
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

SnowWalker wrote:Quantum Leap -- I seriously still don't understand what I loved about this show, but it certainly is one of my top 10 favorites.
Add that one to my list too, along with The Pretender, Hercules, and Xena: Warrior Princess.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Vuldari wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:
Veruth wrote:The whole techtv network. :cry: I really do despise G4. :x
Thank you! G4TV should die!
I miss Eye Drops and Screen Savers :(
So sad...so true.

G4 sucks. TechTV ruled. The only good show left is "X-Play".

...I swear...G4 killed the entire TechTV channel just to snag that one show, because of thier entire channel of Videogame shows, that one show was better then all of thiers. ...and still is.
come to canada, we have alot of good shows on our G4, basicly the curroption has not spread to much over here, the worst we got is attack of the show.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

oooohhhhhh....i have the G4 channel....its so awesome... 8)

but besides that.... I miss Futurama.....i loved that show... :(
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well...

Red Dwarf (saw a couple, they looked great)
Ren and Stimpy
Pinky and the Brain
Monty Python's Flying Circus
M*A*S*H (saw a couple, were good)
Muppet Show (never saw it on tv, did on Dvd, wish they brought it back!)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (I think they cancelled this... right?)
The newer "Kolchak: Night Stalker" was interesting, but failed after 10 episodes. Great premise, building off of the old one.
Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

Terastas wrote:Ronin Warriors.
Seconded, that movie got me into my Samurai Craze. I loved it so much and now it's no longer on :mourn:

And some of you mgiht hate me for this, but I actually Liked Sailor Moon, I felt it was slightly cool when I saw it.

Now I wouldn't care less though.

Others include:

Yu-Yu-Hakusho - Best damn spirit and other world based anime in my Opinion next to Bleach, but they never continued it in america.

Surface - A Show that lasted ony one sesion with a MAJOR cliffhanger at the end. if ANY of you and I mean ANY of you know of this show, then you know my pain. I WAN TO SEE THIS RETURN! PLEASE! EITHER NBC OR SCI-FI, JUST BRING IT BACK!
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Kids in the hall
Futurama- the werecar episode was one of the best, oh hell they were all good
I just hope they don't take CSI away from me
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Mystery.....Science.....Theater.....3000

:}
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

MattSullivan wrote:Mystery.....Science.....Theater.....3000

Was it really that great? I thought itwas funny and they eploite some obvouse stupid things, about bad movies, but I didnt think people would like it soe much.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:Mystery.....Science.....Theater.....3000

Was it really that great? I thought itwas funny and they eploite some obvouse stupid things, about bad movies, but I didnt think people would like it soe much.
Some of the episodes were just ho-hum with a few occassional gut-laughs. You absolutely must see the movie though. If you don't know what I'm talking about, in the movie they lampooned This Island Earth.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I just love movies. LOVE movies. be they good, or bad. I LOVE BAD MOVIES. And MST3k was a very intelligent, highbrow show. Some people just didnt get some of the references, they might have flown over some viewer's heads.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I agree! My bro has a lot of them on his computer.

Dubbed finnish movies! WHOOO!
butt-chucks, bad hairdos, really bad special effects... people with brains in dishes, accidentially digging though the spaceship floor...
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

Image Charmed.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
THE ONE AND ONLY
Legendary
Legendary

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

Blade:The Series(Damn Spike TV just axed it.)
Angel-Especially reading on the net what they had planned for Season 6 really frosts my galvenator. Also the fact the then president of the WB said the weekk before it was canned that it was the cornerstone of the network. :pissedoff:
Surface-Finally, an American producer gets it right with daikaiju live action , and it gets axed also. Top it off with NBC not even giving it a full season just adds insult to injury.
Godzilla:The Series-Animated follow up to the 98' flick, and managed to fix up the damage wrought by the original flick.
John Doe
Dark Angel
The original Celeberty Deathmatch
Daria
Gargoyles
G.I. Joe(The Marvel/Sunbow Version)
Transformers(The Marvel/Sunbow Version)
Inhumanoids
Freaky Links
After Hours with Cal Thomas
Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited
The Invisisble Man
Roswell
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

"Sledge Hammer"

The story of a war-mongering, far-right Police Inspector who talks to his .44 magnum as if it were a person.

Most of you probably would not know this show as it aired in the eighties for two seasons. I absolutely love it and own both seasons on DVD. I think it is hilarious. Especially the pilot episode when he blows up an entire building to get rid of a sniper.

"I think I got him."
Border Walker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Cyborg WolvenFox

Post by Border Walker »

Just remebered another show that I don't see anymore cause I think it was cancelled.

...umm... well... it's... uh...

Striperella
Current Theme Song: Have A Nice Day ~ Bon Jovi
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I miss Fraser :(
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Seren
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: The White Wolf

Post by Seren »

EVERYTHING I LIKE THEY END UP CANCELING! :x

Firefly
John Doe
Invisible Man (new one)
Blade the series
Jake 2.0
Star Trek: TNG (wathed as a kid)
ect.ect.ect.

Oh, well, i have to morn for all of these! :howl: :(
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

What ever happened to Animorphs? I loved that show! It was about a bunch of kids who from an alien, gained the power to turn into animals and they had to stop the yerks from taking over! But in order to become an animal they had to actually touch once. And they couldnt stay in animal form for more then two hours or they would get stuck. Poor Tobias...

They were originally a book series and I think the show aired on Nickelodeon with the kid who played "IceMan" in XMen as Jake. My sister thought he was hot. :lol:

Trailer for it:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0154147/trailer ... 11103-10-2

I loved that show! :howl:  :oo
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bad news to all stargate SG-1 fans.

I just gotten word that the Sci-Fi channel will NOT be showing any new eposodes. That means that Stargate will continue every where but the nation that's supposted to take place in. No more SG-1 in the United States!!!!

:cry:

NO MORE AMANDA TAPPING!!!!

:whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper:
THE GAME

My Armory
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Anubis wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bad news to all stargate SG-1 fans.

I just gotten word that the Sci-Fi channel will NOT be showing any new eposodes. That means that Stargate will continue every where but the nation that's supposted to take place in. No more SG-1 in the United States!!!!

:cry:

NO MORE AMANDA TAPPING!!!!

:whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper:
once again, come to canada :D

we even got invader zim here