Transformers: The Movie

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MoonKit wrote:Im glad I never had any interest in it, judging by how upset the fans are. :lol:

And Vuldari, I was staring at your avatar and I started to zone out and I swear it winked at me! :D
If you stare at my avatar, it'll toss a duckie at you. :jester:

As for Megatron, The only one I like is the original.

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Here's a hint!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm still giving it a shot. It's a very weird look for them, very different from the characters as I came to know them. But, I'll still give it a shot.

And, I was as big a Transformers fan as anyone back in the eighties. I had both Megatron (a toy that looked like a disturbingly realistic Walther P-38 I might note) and Optimus Prime, and a ton of others. I must have personally donated enough to Hasbro to fund half the movie. I followed the cartoon for three years running--not an easy thing, since it came on while we were still coming home from school, and we didn't have a VCR.

I remember my sister and I seeing the original movie back in 1986 and pulling our hair out, because it utterly destroyed the continuity of our fanfic stories at the time. We ultimately rewrote a better fanfic storyline, and some of the material that came out of it got used in later, more polished stories.

Still, I do wish they'd have made Starscream look smarter, and I wish Megatron had retained more of his personality. When Megatron became Galvatron in the animated movie, the flavor of the character was preserved. This transition makes him look more like an angry Anime zombie thingy, rather than the brutish alpha male with a penchant for one-liners that was classic Megatron.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

How good are the sources on that's Megatron?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:How good are the sources on that's Megatron?
Pretty good...

...though, admitably, it's still concept art, and not renders of the final robot...but it's "OFFICIAL" concept art.

It looks alot more like a Guyver than a Transformer. The model doesn't even have Megatrons signature arm cannon.

...the designers clearly have no idea what they are doing. That is a spectacularly menacing looking machine they have there...but it's not Megatron. They were supposed to create Megatron.

...they fail...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Vuldari wrote:
Pretty good...

...though, admitably, it's still concept art, and not renders of the final robot...but it's "OFFICIAL" concept art.

It looks alot more like a Guyver than a Transformer. The model doesn't even have Megatrons signature arm cannon.

...the designers clearly have no idea what they are doing. That is a spectacularly menacing looking machine they have there...but it's not Megatron. They were supposed to create Megatron.

...they fail...
I am surrounded by frickin idiots! You have failed me. Open the tank!

OPEN THE TANK!!
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Vuldari wrote:
Pretty good...

...they fail...

Hey maybe they were just trying to make it look organic, cause were do the transformers come from anyway? ??
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Mars I think but Im not a fan so I couldnt be sure.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

No...the Transformers do not come from mars.

They actually come from a Distant Planet called "Cybertron", which appears to be completely mechanical, but has a living, organic core that the Transformers themselves barely know about.

The Transformers (Autobots and Decepticons alike) are not natural beings. They did not EVOLVE. ...they were 'Created'. By Whom even their own history does not say clearly. The exact proccesses involved in a Transformer being "Born" are never explained in detail, but apparently they are fully capable of 'Constructing' new team-mates given enough time and resources.
(The DinoBots...Grimlock, etc... were built from scratch on planet Earth, for example).

That is all I know right now. (Of the CANNON plotline, that is. Who knows in what ways the film crew may decide to **** with the story to suit their insane whims.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I just found out some interesting news for you guys.

My Computer Animation professor for my Lightwave classes is doing freelance work on the Transformers movie. He wont tell me what he is contributing to the film, but he agrees with me that the prototype Megatron looks like chrome doggie poo. I'll see if I can squeeze more juicy info on the movie from him. He's just not talking though. It's all "confidential".
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

In old school Transformers--at least the cartoon series and 1986 movie (the comic had a seperate continuity, that tried to agree with the movie but not the TV series)--the creators were a race of beings known as the Quintessons. We see one in the movie as a floating orb with five rotating robotic faces, suspended on an energy beam and manipulating objects with a cluster of dangling tentacle-like appendages. It entertained itself by staging a mock trial of captives and feeding them to a swarm of Sharkticons. The third season of the cartoon detailed the Quintessons more in depth, including their creating the precursors of the Autobots, as well as a line of gigantic guardian robots similar to Omega Supreme, a giant robot who transformed into a rocket base.

Optimus Prime's creator, Alphatrion, was known back in those days as "A3." The Autobot logo was explained as originally a slave branding under the Quintessons. It was declared instead a symbol of freedom. This was nice, because the word "Autobot" suddenly made sense again. In 1984, when the Transformers came out, all the Autobots transformed into cars. When they turned into other things, too, it made a cheesy name even sillier. But, "Auto" means self, and "bot" means to serve. It suddenly became significantly less cheesy.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Arent they making them from Mars in the new movie? I saw something about it in the trailer. I could be mistaken though. :?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

MoonKit wrote:Arent they making them from Mars in the new movie? I saw something about it in the trailer. I could be mistaken though. :?
They are not FROM Mars in the film.

What the Trailer is hinting at is that the Decepticons Stopped on Mars before staging thier attack on Earth a few years later (probobly setting up some sort of base of operations there), and that the brief video of the Mars Robot being smashed was the first and only sign us earthlings saw that they were comming.

=^.^'= ~
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Vuldari wrote:
MoonKit wrote:Arent they making them from Mars in the new movie? I saw something about it in the trailer. I could be mistaken though. :?
They are not FROM Mars in the film.

What the Trailer is hinting at is that the Decepticons Stopped on Mars before staging thier attack on Earth a few years later (probobly setting up some sort of base of operations there), and that the brief video of the Mars Robot being smashed was the first and only sign us earthlings saw that they were comming.
*laughs nervously* Oh! :lol: Ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Ok, look in the Transformers movie credits for Brett Howorth. My CG proffessor. Apparenlty he indeed IS doing some modeling work for the movie. I got him to spill the info that he's working on designing two of the decepticon transformations, and modeling three of the robots in their vehicle mode. Very cool, but he wont say anything else. I'm done prying info from him.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Show him this page! Sneak the URL into your finals essay or something. Let them know that too many fans see Megatron as a kitchy supervillain with brute force philosophy and a penchant for one-liners, rather than a psyched out Gyver thingy!
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

Unfortunatly the only transformers I liked was Beast Wars. That was the best man, I finally coughed up the money to buy all 3 seasons. Silverbolt has to be my favorite, or Cheetor after he gets all trippy looking, but by far Silverbolt, a wolf with eagle wings, yah! I'll prolly go see the movie anyway tho.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Check out Optimus Prime.

Full size pic.
http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... muskq9.jpg
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Yuck..yuck..are you kidding me? Even though he has a few features of the old prime..it's still awful... :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Yuck..yuck..are you kidding me? Even though he has a few features of the old prime..it's still awful... :P

At least he turns into a tractor (big rig)

Thats all that counts in my book. :D
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:P bleh
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

atleast it's better the megatron
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Fenrir wrote:atleast it's better the megatron
I don't know about that.

Besides having wheels stuck in there, and all the blue and red paint, this looks to be just as funky looking as megatron to me. What's with the mega-ugly faces in "Normal Mode"?

They are trying WAY too hard to be different.

...so now Optimus has an arm cannon now, but Megatron doesn't?

=^.^'= ~
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Optimus actually looks decent. But, yeah, why the crap does he have an arm cannon instead of Megatron? And, I agree, why is his face weird-looking outside of battle?
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

what made the trasformers so awsome in design was the fact that they looked realy blocky and not very human. thats all ruined now.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

I am looking forward to this movie. Change is an inevitable as wind in a hurricane.

to me they are robots and subject to drastic physical changes, no big deal to me. Although I didn't like Prime as a Fire-Truck.

and out of all Mega-Trons transformations, my favorite so far has been the Tank version.
I never liked his original form, it made no sense for a leader to become a weapon being held by someone else.

I knew many would hate while many liked and many will love the new look. The new looks are meant to be more modern and physical rather than the older blocky look and ignoring physical dimensions.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.