the size of a werewolf

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Shadow Wulf wrote:The toughest fighters in the world are less than 5"10 tall.
Like my wonderful mate, who is not even five ten but surprisingly strong. :love: :D

Theres a lot of species where the female is bigger...in about every non mamal animal. Its just easier to birth young that way. A lot of reptiles, hyenas, etc.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Renorei wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:Oh I adored the ones in the Chromicles. Though I wish they had larger tails. You could barely see the tails at all. But they're about as close to my ideal werewolf as a movie has come so far.

They're not my ideal, but I do like 'em. :D

If I ever buy Chronicles of Narnia (and I probably win, since it's such an awesome movie), I might try to get some screenshots of them.
Good luck! I only saw them for about three seconds, in the background.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

The Fat vs skinny thing is reminding me of the Book Operation Chaos, in it werebeasts were limited by body mass, meaning the creature they turned into had to have the same body mass as the person. In other words a weretiger while a complete muscular tiger could be a big fat guy in human form.

But remember how metamorphisis works, grows new cells and alters them. Now a scrawny tadpole with little food becomes a scrawny frog.

But what if the transformation was uniform, and after the transformation the first instinct of the werewolf is to correct for any imbalances that occured during the transformation. For instance the scrawny guy becomes ravenous and needs to eat to regain the lost energy, or the overweight guy has an excess of energy and takes off running.

Or the werewolf condition like some vampires corrects imperfections in the host and changes them. For instance a person who is to become a werewolf first gains muscle mass prior to the transformation and becomes more fit or a fat guy gets leaner. "thinking of the game Altered Beast here, where the character got muscular gradually before going werebeast"

For someone not born one this could be a strange experience where the transformation prepares them for transformation and they find themselves getting fitter over the course of a few days and don't know why until their body hits that perfect condition and the full transformation is triggered finally.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Rhuen wrote: this could be a strange experience where the transformation prepares them for transformation and they find themselves getting fitter over the course of a few days and don't know why until their body hits that perfect condition and the full transformation is triggered finally.
I know I've read at least one short story like that. The transformation was such a big deal that the werewolf would suddenly gain, like, ten pounds a day every day for several days before the transformation, and after returning to human form the next morning would be skinnier. Also, would need to eat ravenously while in wolf form in order for the change back to human to even be possible.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Jamie wrote:
Rhuen wrote: this could be a strange experience where the transformation prepares them for transformation and they find themselves getting fitter over the course of a few days and don't know why until their body hits that perfect condition and the full transformation is triggered finally.
I know I've read at least one short story like that. The transformation was such a big deal that the werewolf would suddenly gain, like, ten pounds a day every day for several days before the transformation, and after returning to human form the next morning would be skinnier. Also, would need to eat ravenously while in wolf form in order for the change back to human to even be possible.
this just remined me of something a dead web comic had happen to their werewolf. When it transformed back to human it had to rush to the bathroom as the decrease in body size had squeezed its bladder.
while that was meant to be comical it made me think.

A werewolf kills and eats half a deer and then becomes human like nothing happened? food can not be so quikly absorbed into the body and it it was this would be a massive metablism that could easily shorten the werewolves lifespan to only a few years as the need to feed would burn them up over time with such a high metabolism "like a shrew".

one of the reasons I like a werewolf that can choose when to transform as it can give its self time to digest its meal. Or their bodies are incapable of changing back right after feeding and they have to wait for so much time to pass.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

I would like to be atleast 3 times my human size if i was a werewolf bigger muscler, and a strong dog musk LOL you know you love my musky smell girls it turn you on so much your swiming in your self LOL lck
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

You're so very full of s***, you know.

At any rate, huge werewolves aren't appealing to me. Never were. Never will be.
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Now play nice, Set...
...for now...
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

jeese where did all of that anger come from I was just having fun and being silly. Is that not allowed here. I sorry set if i made you upset. I may be big and i may be bad but i still have feelings :( And making females upset is somthing i dont like to do. Forgive me? I just like bing a goof wolf. 8)
I live for the Moon
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

I think that we all know this, howlbigbadwolf *looks at Set*...Most of us anyway...
I SAID play NICE, Set!
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Re: the size of a werewolf

Post by neoritter »

MirathaGreatFairyGoddess wrote:may be a silly question, but usually or lemme take that back..anytime some1 becomes a werewolf, they are a normal-sized person at 1st & then they turn into a werewolf . Well what if the person that turned in2 a werewolf were fat or lets say a really really big person. Would that change the size that they would be as a werewolf in comparison 2 a normal-sized person that turned in2 a werewolf? :shift:

hope i didnt confuse any1 ??
You get a chubby werewolf. Unless we decide that transforming burns calories, then the average sized person would run into problems transforming, not to mention the unexplained reason as to why the fat guy was fat the day before and the next day was skinny or weighed significantly less.

With all that I would again just say that we would have a chubby werewolf.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Moon_Lover wrote:I think that we all know this, howlbigbadwolf *looks at Set*...Most of us anyway...
I SAID play NICE, Set!
Oh shut up you. :wetwolf4:
howlbigbadwolf wrote:jeese where did all of that anger come from I was just having fun and being silly. Is that not allowed here. I sorry set if i made you upset. I may be big and i may be bad but i still have feelings And making females upset is somthing i dont like to do. Forgive me? I just like bing a goof wolf.
As for you, there's a difference between being a goof and acting like you're the best thing since deer jerky, and the latter I find quite annoying. You're aloud to crack jokes. Just ease up on the "I'm a manly man, you all want me!" routine.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

I am the best thing since deer jerky Im big bad and a hunkey wolf................Just kidding Im nothing like that at all I just like to pretend that I am LOL :lol: Im just a guy who likes to have fun and play around Like a big puppy, Come on Set (lays on back wagging tail wiggleing back a forth) rub my tummy :o Please dont take everything I say to heart, pluse i dont mind if weman belive they are a sexy goddes i mean it you think you are the best then you have a lot of faith in your self and beliving in your self is more inportant then what other belive about you.

So lets all go out and have a nice pack romp and have some fun :howl:  :oo
I live for the Moon
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Oh alright. But I'm not rubbing your tummy.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

I'd suspect that a Werewolf's height is partially an optical illusion. Were's are depicted as very vertically formed people: Pointy ears above their heads, long bodies, and mostly they appear as digitigrade, all of which would make a Human see more height than was there. In actuality, I suspect they get perhaps four or six inches taller, measured from eartips to the floor, with their ears and now mostly vertical feet being responsible for the gain in height.
It's also human nature to see dominating/frightening things as being taller than they really are.
IF we're dealing with "infinite additional mass", then well, they're as tall as they want to be. I've read of a 5'-6" human girl who turned into an 11'-8" Werewolf...but that was a singular case.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Never again speak. Werewolves are depicted classically as overgrown wolves. And what you just said has no real relevance to the topic.
I think what I said was adequate:

You get a chubby werewolf. Unless we decide that transforming burns calories, then the average sized person would run into problems transforming, not to mention the unexplained reason as to why the fat guy was fat the day before and the next day was skinny or weighed significantly less.

Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

neoritter wrote:Never again speak. Werewolves are depicted classically as overgrown wolves. And what you just said has no real relevance to the topic.
I think what I said was adequate:

what RedEye said was completly relevant to the subject of size. Screw overgrown wolves.
This is American Uber-werewolves of the 21st century, we have bipedal monsters.

Just standing on your toes can add four to six inches of height for a normal person let alone something with even longer feet, the tail, the slender elongated torso designed for both bipedal and quadrapedal movement, and the long face and ears, definetly can make something only six feet tall seem like a giant monster.

After all here in the real world we had a lady mistake a six foot fish for a thirty foot monster (she shot the fish and the body was found) why I roll my eyes when people describe the size and length ect... of various monster sightings. the average person couldn't tell you how tall something is. heck people have turned in pictures and video of birds they claimed were giant thunderbirds but upon examinination were just normal sized birds.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

This isn't Hollywood.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

neoritter wrote:This isn't Hollywood.
yes it is.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Rhuen wrote:
yes it is.
do we have a "pwnd" emotion?

ont the topic:
-the toes elongate, but the rest of the leg shortens, right???

poeple definatly dun have a clue about sizes. thats why i sigh when people say WWs should be 12 feet tall. also, i think you need to specify if yer talking about total streached out height/length, or just standing height.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Rhuen wrote:
yes it is.
Is bloody not. Don't even involve Uwe Boll in this.
Timber-WoIf wrote:-the toes elongate, but the rest of the leg shortens, right???
I was thinking more that the arms would be almost just as long as the legs.

*dislikes neanderthal proportions*
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

kitetsu wrote:
Rhuen wrote:
yes it is.
Is bloody not
Well, kinda was, though this isn't a typical moive.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

neoritter wrote:Never again speak. Werewolves are depicted classically as overgrown wolves. And what you just said has no real relevance to the topic.
"WARNING...Danger Will Robinson...DANGER"

I am not an official Moderator, but I can tell you right now neoritter that this attitude will not be tollerated here.

FYI this website was originally founded for, and still serves the purpose of providing insight on how to make Werewolf MOVIES...as well as art, stories, and so forth.

Promoting the revival of some of the older legends for the use in future art, writing and film projects is great...

...but Fantastical and occasionally Nonsensical werewolves are a popular topic amongst many Werewolf fans, and discussions about Werewolves that are Martial Arts Warriors that grow an additional two feet, and sprout a gigantic tail and vibrant Blue Fur when they transform, for example, are EQUALLY as relevant to the discussions here as any other. (Unless the topic description/question specifically dissalows it.)

You can say what you like, and you can tell us all of the reasons why you are loyal to that idea instead of another, but you CAN NOT tell another member that thier opinion is "invalid".

The fact of the matter is..."Werewolf" Mythology was re-written and re-told countless different ways by different cultures and different storytellers for many, many, many years...and there is no CUT-OFF date to where more recent stories no longer are accepted as "VALID".

...stuff that we make up ourselves, here and now, is perfectly acceptable...

What you are talking about is only true of a select group of Werewolf legends from certain specific cultures, but not ALL of them by a long shot.

Please be more respectful of other members opinions and preferences from this point forward.

I would like to continue to hear more of your personal opinions on the subject of werewolves, as well as your knowlage of the details of specific, influential legends...as long as you are respectful about it.

However...your attitude as it is now is not appreciated.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Or maybe both you and ritter will get reprimands.

Ritter does, after all, come from another werewolf forum whose "general mannerisms" are a lot more "crude" than here.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

*sigh* More flaming and debates. :(

*curls up in corner*