werewolf versus vampire

The place for anything at all...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Rhuen wrote:Well I was also refering to the human actors/extras in the underground scenes that are supposed to be the whole clan of werewolves. You see almost no women there at all.
I was looking for them, and I didn't see any. They must have been way back in the background, barely poking their nose around some guy's shoulder. Or maybe I need to get a video and pause it so I can do a "Where's Waldo" thing with the entire scene.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

so yeah, for my essay, i needed sources of information that would be credible. as far as i know, it could be tough to cite an interview with a bunch of you guys in mla format. plus, i already had thought of most of the things you said, or you said them after i had to turn it in. so you guys didn't make it into my paper. sorry.

the sources i did use were "the encyclopedia of vampires, werewolves, and other mosters" which is an amazingly useful book, "mostners: an investigator's guide to magical beings" which is a really funny book about monster hunting, the article "what it feels like to be a lycanthrope" from an issue fo esquire magazine, and a presonal interview with my brother, a relatively famous paranormal investigator.

sorry about you guys not making it in there.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

You're asking which who is the better one between a Vampire and a Werewolf on a fourm for Werewolves? Okay. I will give my answer...

*takes a deep breath*

VAMPIRES! .... *gets growled at by the werewolves around him*

heh heh heh just kidding guys.

WEREWOLVES! *growling stops, and tails start wagging*

Of course werewolves are better than vampires! First of all, the majority of them are dramafucktards, who love to just "baste" in their own misery. All for the sake of attention. Where as werewolves are more social creatures and we are pack animals. We can't whine about being lonely since we are all around packmates.

Werewolves are also more taller, more agile and stronger than vampires. If you put them both in a ring and made them duke it out, hand to hand, I can pretty much gaurentee that the werewolf would win. The only exception to this rule is that if the vampire is some really powerful vampire, or if the vampire managed to get the jump on the werewolf with a sniper rifle, and with those big ears and nose... heh...good luck on that buddy.

Werewolves have heightened senses, as opposed to vampires which mostly rely upon their former human senses.

Vampires have immortality but in order to keep that immortality they gotta basically feed on fresh blood. Also they can be killed in the following ways.

Getting stabbed through the heart, decapitation, ultraviolet rays, holy water, and deciding to kiss a wood chipper in a game of "Watch Me".

Intelligence between a vampire and a werewolf is probably determined on a person by person case and what he has experienced. The vampire might get a slight edge here since they are immortal and would have more chance to experience centuries worth of being on this planet. Werewolves however follow their instincts more strongly, which could get them an edge in certain fight or flight situations.

Yeah. I think that we'd destroy those pesky vampires, quite easily.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Post by neoritter »

Rhuen wrote: According to folklore Vampires were also vulnerable to silver, not as commonly mentioned as Iron weaknesses due to silver being hard for commoners to get ahold of. As I recall it, mirros had silver backings, as opposed to aluminum today, and as Silver represented Christ, and glass the holy ghost (God the father is represented via Gold) a vampire had no reflection, and could even be harmed with silver.
Maybe why some modern vampire fiction has added silver as a vampire weakness.
This might actually be a weird crossover between the two myths. The idea the vampires could turn into wolves or were once werewolves is one such accidental mixup. Silver is another. Silver is primarily a werewolf myth thing. As, silver like you said is rare in vampire myths. The silver vulnerability probably came from werewolf mythos. Also, notable is that vampires are more of a creation by Greek Orthodox Christians where as the werewolf is a more Roman Catholic idea.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

well, in my research, i learned that silver can hurt vampires. see, it was blessed, and therefore is kinda holy, and it hurt the werewolves because "technically" they were "evil" and because vamps are evil too, it would hurt them.

at least, that's what i read.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

In both silver doesn't seem to be direct physical contact.

For vampires it caused them to lack a reflection and repelled them.
While for a werewolf what I read was if thrown over them it turned them back to human.

Seems it didn't even need to come in contact with them to do them harm.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.